Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles considering Tannehill?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
Rumor has the Eagles considering the idea of going after Tannehill. Do you guys think that is likely? Vick still has gas in the tank, and a couple of years left on his contract. And Tannehill is going to go awful high...probably higher than he is worth.

Still, Reid is considered a QB's coach in many parts of the league.

I just wonder if drafting somebody like Brock Osweiler in a lower round and developing him for a year or two wouldn't make more sense in ya'lls situation.
HOUSEoPAIN
Only one thing is for sure - we're DEF drafting a WR or two
bebina
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 2 2012, 11:09 AM) *
Rumor has the Eagles considering the idea of going after Tannehill. Do you guys think that is likely? Vick still has gas in the tank, and a couple of years left on his contract. And Tannehill is going to go awful high...probably higher than he is worth.

Still, Reid is considered a QB's coach in many parts of the league.

I just wonder if drafting somebody like Brock Osweiler in a lower round and developing him for a year or two wouldn't make more sense in ya'lls situation.

if tanenhill falls to 15 there is no question
HobbEs
We need Linebackers...which makes taking Tannehill a lock.
koolaidluke
linebackers are stupid. Even if you like LBs, there is no chance the Eagles take one.

As for Vick, he has at most 2 seasons left. If Tannehill is any good then by all means we should take him.
Eyrie
Reid has previous for drafting in advance of a need arising, and usually does so at the expense of a more pressing problem.

QB is such an important position that it does make sense to get someone in for a year or two before they take over to make sure that they are the right fit.
mcnabbulous
Tannehill is not getting past Miami at 8. I don't think the Eagles would give up what it takes to move ahead of them. They're just doing their diligence in case he slips.

Reality Fan
I am pretty certain that it is nothing more than a smoke screen to mask their true intentions. They like to show serious interest in several players and then draft someone they did not even talk to........devious bastards...lol
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 2 2012, 05:40 PM) *
Tannehill is not getting past Miami at 8. I don't think the Eagles would give up what it takes to move ahead of them. They're just doing their diligence in case he slips.

And that's what I mean about overpaying...

I've watched Tannehill play down here, and he has a lot of potential, but there is no way i would have EVER considered him a top ten pick while watching him play.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 2 2012, 05:40 PM) *

I agree with you and RF. I believe they're really after Cox and Kuechly as a plan B. The Eagles need defense NOW and can get a developmental QB later. Besides, I don't think they want to mess with Vick's head by moving up for a "premium" QB.
Birdman420
fuck this, take kolb back from the cards and lets get some fucking linebackers already. We need to stop thinking of the future and double down on now. Vick is our ticket to winning the superbowl and if we undermind his value then we will be waiting in line for the lombardi another 10 years.
eaglesflow
Forget that, it would be a waste we are fine in the QB department.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (eaglesflow @ Apr 18 2012, 02:14 PM) *
Forget that, it would be a waste we are fine in the QB department.

agreed. after this season will be the time to make such a decision. No need pulling the trigger on another "Kolb" considering no one past Luck and Griffin is really worth drafting that high (IMO).

15 should be a contingency plan for Kuechly and if Stephen Hill is available.... then they can get him with a later pick. Or something. A need that isn't QB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.