Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jason Peters rupture Achillees/ King Dunlap 1 year contract
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
Very bad news for the Eagles with Peters injured.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/art...31-cf808e22ceaf

Dunlap has signed a one year deal to come back, but I think we need a veteran RT to pair with Herremans at LT, leaving Dunlap for depth.
Dreagon
Sorry to hear that. Any injury like that sucks, but offseason injuries are really nasty surprise.
HOUSEoPAIN
Ugh.

5 months until the season begins, while this is a nasty one, anyone know how long he should be expected out? Will he be back for the season? I admit I know nothing of this kind of injury.
bebina
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 30 2012, 01:08 PM) *
Ugh.

5 months until the season begins, while this is a nasty one, anyone know how long he should be expected out? Will he be back for the season? I admit I know nothing of this kind of injury.

it takes 6 months to take the cast off...then another 3-6 months of rehab to get to 80% before injury...sometimes if it is really bad...they may never recover
Birdman420
this really is devastating news, Now we need to draft a top tier tackle instead of a linebacker.
navyeagles
I am sitting here considering if it would be worth it to give up our number 1 and both number 2s to move into the top 5 to take kalil
D Rock
SUX
TGryn
At best, Peters goes on PUP and gets activated in mid-season. However, I think they'd probably still only be able to use him in an emergency, and judging from how Graham and Justice were used last year, likely they'd err on the side of simply IR'ing him.

The timing stinks, needless to say. Justice is gone, and all the decent FA OTs are off the market already. Our OT depth was iffy even with Dunlap and Justice, at least they were able to bring KD back. Mudd's going to have him work cut out for him.
steak
I was thinking.....Why not draft Dontari Poe as a left tackle? He's an athletic freak who can't play DT (I think only like 5 sacks in his college career). Why not have Howard Mudd teach him?? Just throwing it out there
Zero
This is life as an Eagle fan.
bebina
QUOTE (TGryn @ Mar 30 2012, 02:58 PM) *
At best, Peters goes on PUP and gets activated in mid-season. However, I think they'd probably still only be able to use him in an emergency, and judging from how Graham and Justice were used last year, likely they'd err on the side of simply IR'ing him.

The timing stinks, needless to say. Justice is gone, and all the decent FA OTs are off the market already. Our OT depth was iffy even with Dunlap and Justice, at least they were able to bring KD back. Mudd's going to have him work cut out for him.

they should ir him..it takes 2 yers to fully recover from this
Zero
It will be educational to see how the GM reacts to this.
Flying Dutchman
Easy guys, don't jump off the bridge yet. Take a look at "Caps" experience with it last year. He was back starting again in less than a year but undeniably at a lower level. By mid-season he was rapidly coming back into form and that was just about 1 year from the time he ripped his achilles. By the end of the season ie around the 15 month mark he was playing again at a high level that Ryans, Kubiak, his teamates and the most respected of the reporters down there all felt was as good as ever. Don't count on JP for this year at all, he would only be a shadow of his former self. But, he is anything but a lazy wimp. He'll be back for 2013 and beyond. That said, The King deserves a fair shot, with Mudd and the off-season to improve yet more. Face it, against all odds the guy is way better now than when he started. Can one of the injury prone vets on the market help, obviously they are all being brought in and evaluated by the team. I 'll take this one with Mudd in my eye, I can see actual potential much better that way LOL!
nephillymike
Terrible News.

Jaws was on the radio and said Peters rated as the Eagles best player.

Better that it happens now then late in camp.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 31 2012, 02:14 PM) *
Terrible News.

Jaws was on the radio and said Peters rated as the Eagles best player.

Better that it happens now then late in camp.

Right on both counts Mikey. After seeing Kelce and Watkins eventually earn their keep and Mathis shine for the first itme in his career, I have one hell of a lot of faith in Mudd's judgement. Hence my motto on this problem is look at it with Mudd in your eye!
koolaidluke
I thought that Herremens was supposed to move to LT if Peters went down?
Eyrie
As Mikey says, the timing here could be a lot worse. Here's the positives*

Bell visited yesterday, and if we sign him (or another veteran) he'll have a full offseason with Mudd. That will make a difference when you remember how effective his coaching was last year without seeing the players until July because of the lockout.

Also read yesterday that the average recovery time is eleven months, so although we will have to IR Peters for 2012 he should get a full offseason next year which means he'll be back at full strength for 2013.

*Everything is relative.
BirdsWinBaby
i see a lot of optimism about Bell's visit to the eagles

not much mention that he has played only one full season (2010) and only started 6 games last year due to injuries.

the last time he replaced Peters as a starter he only played 8 games. again due to injuries...careful what you wish for
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.