Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would Reid bring back McNabb?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
bebina
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...b.html#comments

Question: Are you surprised by what happened after you traded Donovan McNab and would you consider bringing him back?

Reid: "Iím surprised by the fact that he didnít have the success (after) leaving (Philly). I wasnít there. Iím not sure how that worked. I still felt when he left here that he had 2 or 3 years of great football (left in him). It didnít work out that way for him. I havenít entertained that last part of the question. I havenít gone there. I think itís tough for a guy thatís been the guy for that long to come back."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...s#ixzz1qTwEhilV
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

would you invite mcnabb back....i would be very surprised if koolaid didnt respond
Zero
No
TGryn
If Vick went on IR, maybe. Otherwise, no, and that's as a guy who respects what he did here. It'd be too much of a media carnival, and we had enough of that last year.

That last sentence is the key one. Reid recognizes that there's all kinds of freight that goes along with bringing back your former #1 QB to be the backup.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (bebina @ Mar 29 2012, 12:48 AM) *
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...b.html#comments

would you invite mcnabb back....i would be very surprised if koolaid didnt respond

even if he wasnt cooked i would say no....the locker room sideshow and all that

since he IS INDEED cooked i would give this TWO thumbs down
HOUSEoPAIN
I'm not clamoring for him to come back, and it's not happening, but he knows Andy's system, and at this stage of the game if he were in we would (hopefully) be pounding the ball with Shady, and he would be little more than a game manager, so I think he would actually fit in decently. I don't think there would be a major media circus if it was made absolutely clear Vick was the #1 starter, the media would be looking for a QB controversy is all. But regardless, he's retired and that's it.
Eyrie
Much as I love the guy when he was here, and appreciate all that he did for us, it's a resounding "no" from this side of the pond. Partly because he's not the player he was, but mainly because of the media circus that other posters have referred to.

A one-day deal to let him retire as an Eagle is fine.
koolaidluke
Yeah you guys would all love that. The biggest fraud ever returns to ruin more seasons.

The FO knows what garbage McNabb is and was and would NEVER allow Reid to bring that piece of shit back. He's gone forever and the whole country now outside of Philly recognizes him for the fraud he was. His legacy has been destroyed.
D Rock
And he's the one doing all the "ruining" himself.

Cry Baby meets persecution complex
Birdman420
he brought back Trotter for another year so anything is possible
D Rock
Not only will Reid not bring back Supa5, but he wont even get a sniff from any other team.

He's stunk and whinned his way straight outta the league.

Now we'll have to suffer through a season or two of his sour grapes mixed with a collasal persecution complex before he boo hoo's his way out of broadcasting too.

Hopefully then, we'll be done being force fed further examples of his stupid shit.

Dumb muther fucker what he is.
Phits
Reid would probably bring him back. That's just the kind of guy Reid is. However, I don't think he should come back...even though the back-up QB situation needs to be addressed.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 4 2012, 02:54 PM) *
Reid would probably bring him back. That's just the kind of guy Reid is. However, I don't think he should come back...even though the back-up QB situation needs to be addressed.

Phits, I have to disagree completely. When has Reid ever come out and said what he said about McNabb coming back? His comments about thinking that a when you are the guy and then go it is hard to come back are pretty telling. I don't recall him saying that about Trotter. I think he understands Mcnabb and that bringing him back would be nothing but a drama headache he doesn't need.
Dreagon
Any chance McNabb tries his hand at coaching? Maybe start out as a QB coach somewhere? Given his outspoken opinions regarding RGIII and the Redskins, perhaps he thinks he has something to offer in that area?
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 4 2012, 05:04 PM) *
Any chance McNabb tries his hand at coaching? Maybe start out as a QB coach somewhere? Given his outspoken opinions regarding RGIII and the Redskins, perhaps he thinks he has something to offer in that area?

Sorry to say, but I don't think DMac has much to offer at all any more. He's been on a slippery slope ever since the Dirty Thirty and it seems like he's hanging on the edge of the cliff with short finger nails. Sad, too.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 4 2012, 07:40 PM) *
Sorry to say, but I don't think DMac has much to offer at all any more.

this...however his quotes are amusing instead of sad IMO
eaglesflow
Oh god I hope not!
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 4 2012, 10:04 PM) *

LOL

Coach?

Seriously?

Dumb martha focker had better learn the rules first.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.