Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One more FA hole?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I wouldn't mind the Eagles picking up Yeremiah Bell as a mentor/insurance for a one-year contract or someone comparable. Other than that, I think the team is ready for the draft next month.

My DND wish list:
  1. Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College
  2. Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson
  3. Brock Osweiler, QB Arizona State
  4. Brian Quick, WR Appalachian State
Dreagon
Yeah, free agency is sort of winding down now. Soon the draft madness will begin smile.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 24 2012, 07:31 AM) *
I wouldn't mind the Eagles picking up Yeremiah Bell as a mentor/insurance for a one-year contract or someone comparable. Other than that, I think the team is ready for the draft next month.

My DND wish list:
  1. Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College
  2. Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson
  3. Brock Osweiler, QB Arizona State
  4. Brian Quick, WR Appalachian State

DND?

Isn't that the same scouting service that 'Goo used?
koolaidluke
Tell us more about Thompson. I would like a DT.

LB's are gay. I don't want to waste a high pick on one. Well, not a first at least. A 2nd on an LB wouldn't bother me. Hell, maybe on of these days we'll even hit on a second round LB.
eaglesflow
I agree with you, our LB's were garbage for the most part last season and there are some good guys out there.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 24 2012, 12:19 PM) *
DND?

Isn't that the same scouting service that 'Goo used?

I have much more D in my N, but it was the same school. God bless Goo.
Zero
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Mar 24 2012, 06:33 PM) *
Tell us more about Thompson. I would like a DT.
Pass rush: Arguably his best skill due to an extraordinary burst off the snap. Explodes out of his stance, demonstrating a burst upfield to slip gaps and the lateral agility once past the line of line of scrimmage to chase down the quarterback. Inconsistent use of hands. Flashes quick hands to slap away blocks, but too often gets caught in the in the hand-fighting at the line of scrimmage, rather than quickly disengaging. Uses a swim move occasionally, though is only marginally effective with it. May be limited with this technique due to short arms. Good upper body strength and leg drive for the bull rush.

Run defense: Penetrates through gaps, often forcing running backs to elude him or the back end of the offensive lineman he's pushing before they even reach the line of scrimmage. Inconsistent in his ability to separate from blocks, however, making him more of a nuisance than a snap-to-snap terror. Good anchor to hold up at the point, though he does not possess the bulk or lower body strength to hold up to double teams. Good effort pursuing laterally. Quick feet and good balance to slide down the line and possessing the burst to slip through gaps.

Explosion: Pops off tape due to his explosive first few steps. While powerful, doesn't rock the guard/center back with his upper body strength or explode into tackles.

Strength: Good weight-room strength, which translates onto the football field in terms of his anchor. Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole. Good strength for the drag down tackle.

Tackling: Can make the impressive chest to chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield. Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ball-carriers as they run by. Willing to lay out and shows good hand-eye coordination to trip up ball-carriers. Intangibles: Nicknamed "Yams" because of his huge thighs, which aid in his role as a run-stuffer. Won the Strength Training Award among Clemson defensive tackles in the spring of 2010. Tied for third on the team with a 425 pound bench press. Lifted 225 pounds 30 times for Clemson coaches. A pre-Business major who earned a spot on the Honor Roll in the spring of 2010.

Copied from here

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.