Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our GM is looking kinda Rosy now!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Flying Dutchman
I don't think I can stand it. I have been trained over the past 6 decades to not expect the best of efforts from our Iggles FO, whoever they were at the time. Now along comes some geek who makes me cringe expecting a numbers crunching, stat driven loser with no feel for the game and what gives a team a soul like the Eagles have occasionally had.

How do I reconcile my hard earned low expectations with the unbelievable aggressive attack on FA last year with DRC already wrapped up they still go out and grab Aso and added Jenkins and Babin as well. Yeah VY was a loser from the first regrettable words out of his mouth but Mathis was a sensational find/fit. Now this year they go out and do The Right Thing and sign up our best players long term Cole, Herremans and even Jackson, mind blowing. Now yesterday they pulled another Aso deal in that they pulled one out of their wazoo without the slightest hint or rumor for us to feed on. Just made the deal in CIA level silence.

This is not my Eagles, this is way too fricking intelligent an approach for us to take, how can this be??? Now all we need to do is see how our young recent draftees like Graham and Allen perform this year now that they should be healthy again and how others like Watkins, Kelce, Matthews and Jarrett progress. It'll be fun to see us draft this year with so many early picks in hand and just shooting for BPA and depth! Things are looking Rosy, thanks Howie, we may start calling you The Good Geek!!!
Zero
I'm just hoping all this optimism isn't rewarded with some unforseen disaster. This is Philadelphia after all.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 21 2012, 05:52 AM) *
I'm just hoping all this optimism isn't rewarded with some unforseen disaster. This is Philadelphia after all.

Disasters have happened far too often and will surely visit again. But every team faces that possibility as well. What I like now is the apparently solid, carefully well thoug out plan they seem to have.
Zero
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Mar 21 2012, 06:00 AM) *
Disasters have happened far too often and will surely visit again. But every team faces that possibility as well. What I like now is the apparently solid, carefully well thoug out plan they seem to have.

Agreed. Keep away from the smoke and mirrors, Howie!
Eyrie
Made me laugh, Dutch biggrin.gif
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 21 2012, 01:22 PM) *
Made me laugh, Dutch biggrin.gif

The old Dutchman hasn't lost his sense of humor. I try to carry on the legacy of our old buddy Goo in my own way!
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Mar 21 2012, 04:58 PM) *
I try to carry on the legacy of our old buddy Goo in my own way!

to Goo ! ac6.gif jumpclap.gif bowdown.gif cheers.gif
nephillymike
Great job in getting Ryans.

Had a chance to listen to a lot of sports radio the last few days and EVERYONE loves this guy.

Looks like we got a good one in a definite position of need.
eaglesflow
I hope for the best but I have a bad feeling this will end in disaster!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.