Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking forward to McNabb's failure in Minn
Eagles Forum > Off Topic Forums > Pissing in the Wind
koolaidluke
In Minn Don will have a great offensive line, a great running game and great receivers. When his inability to sustain a drive inevitably forces the Vikings to go with an 80-20 pass/run ratio (just like it did with the Eagles and the Redskins) everyone will finally have to admit what a colassal fraud Donovan McNabb is/was.

McNabb sucks.
Dreagon
PFT reports that the deal is all done except for some personal issues on McNabbs part. Apparently he is unhappy with that he was Minnesota's second choice, behind Thigpen, and that has been aggravated by Ponder's comments about competing for the starting job sometime this year. Again, it's PFT so take it for what it's worth.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jul 27 2011, 12:30 PM) *
PFT reports that the deal is all done except for some personal issues on McNabbs part. Apparently he is unhappy with that he was Minnesota's second choice, behind Thigpen, and that has been aggravated by Ponder's comments about competing for the starting job sometime this year. Again, it's PFT so take it for what it's worth.

In this case I totally believe them.

Thigpen is 1000 times the QB McNabb is. I actually wanted to trade Kolb to Miami for a 1st and Thigpen. I'd even accept 2 seconds and Thigpen.

On the other hand, I would gladly give up 2 first rounders to NOT have Donovan McNabb.
TGryn
Good luck to Donovan with his new team, except when he's playing us.
_KAMELOT_
QUOTE (TGryn @ Jul 27 2011, 07:55 PM) *

Not for the next couple of years, cause I don't see the Vikes finishing higher than North's no.3 and us lower than East's no.2
WeaponX
QUOTE (TGryn @ Jul 27 2011, 12:55 PM) *

I have to agree with this. DMac was not a fruad, he had some incredible years with scrub recievers. He was arguable the best QB in franchise history. dont get me wrong I was ready to move on from him 2-3 years ago, but the amount of hate he gets is confusing to me. I know all the stupid things he said/did (and continues to) but try to remember the years before we got him and the 3-4 QBs that proceeded him...they utterly sucked.

He gave us some great years, yes he ended up blowing near the end but who the hell doesnt at the end of a career.

I'll continue to treat him like I did in his first game back against the Eagles...they annouced him and I cheered, then the game started and he was the opponent so I booed him.
zed2k
QUOTE (WeaponX @ Jul 27 2011, 01:10 PM) *
but the amount of hate he gets is confusing to me.

Why? It's obvious that the haters are a cross between people who want to perform fellatio on Reid, and morons who still can't get over passing on Ricky Williams. Kool-aid-luke is simply a sad, pathetic excuse for a human being who was destined to be a stain on a mattress in a brothel, except his father was too drunk to remember to pull out and his mother couldn't afford an abortion.

We don't have a championship, and that is solely because of Andy Reid. All of the deranged haters out there were proven wrong last year, when we went from 10-6 with a first round loss.....to 10-6, with a first round loss. What more evidence do you need?

I wish him the best except when he's playing us - he will be a perfect fit in Minny, and I predict they will give Green Bay a run for their money if he ends up starting there. Any team with a good line and good running game, combined with a coach who actually calls running plays, will be perfect for him, as we were undefeated when Westbrook touched the ball 30 times. He isn't Brady, he isn't Manning, and he was utilized as one of them, which is why we lost the big ones.

I predict Minny wins 11 games with him in there.
WeaponX
i would place the blame on Reid for always trying to force people to play to his strength as a coach and not their strengths as players, but thats not McNabbs fault. It just never made sense to me after all the great games he's given us.

edit: and yes i'm completly aware of the past few years where he's sucked shit. but people who say he's always sucked are delusional.
zed2k
QUOTE (WeaponX @ Jul 27 2011, 01:57 PM) *
i would place the blame on Reid for always trying to force people to play to his strength as a coach and not their strengths as players, but thats not McNabbs fault. It just never made sense to me after all the great games he's given us.

edit: and yes i'm completly aware of the past few years where he's sucked shit. but people who say he's always sucked are delusional.

I don't want to focus on Reid, trust me you'll get to see plenty of fights about him this year, every time he wastes what turns out to be a crucial timeout, every time he challenges a play that nets us one yard or loses us a timeout, every time he calls over 50 passes a game and we score 6 points, etc, while calling 15 running plays that gets us 90 yards and not adjusting his plan at all, etc.

He didn't suck shit the 'last few years' - his final season with us we were fighting for the #2 seed going into the final game, before Reid got us shut out, and then embarassed the following week. The year before that we went to the NFC championship game (again). In fact, statistically his worst 2 years with us were in 2000 and 2003 - before it became cool to hate him. And again, we went from 10-6 and a first-round loss.....to 10-6 and a first-round loss. Any questions?

He didn't even suck all that much last year, at least not by his own faults - I had Chris Cooley and Clinton Portis on my fantasy team (and later Ryan Torain), so I ended up watching a lot of Redskins games. They were starting their 3rd string RB by midyear, and their o-line made ours look like a squad of all-pros. I swear the guy must've had nightmares about 5-step drops, he had no time at all and his legs aren't really there anymore.

But again, I always said last year that if he ended up in Tennessee, Minny, or San Diego, he had a chance to prove the moron haters wrong despite the indisputable evidence - and it will happen this year.
_KAMELOT_
I must be ready for another year full of McNabb haters and Reid haters...NFL, here we come!
zed2k
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ Jul 27 2011, 02:53 PM) *
I must be ready for another year full of McNabb haters and Reid haters...NFL, here we come!

Reidalakis
Eyrie
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ Jul 27 2011, 07:53 PM) *

It didn't take long to flare up again, did it?

I wish McNabb well. He was a damned fine QB for us.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jul 27 2011, 04:30 PM) *

Lets see if he can whine his way into another "financial apology." Talk about a professional injustice collector.

D Rock
QUOTE (WeaponX @ Jul 27 2011, 05:10 PM) *
DMac was not a fruad, he had some incredible years with scrub recievers.

Not this garbage again. He had a best in league O line and a top 10 defense for most of his career. Yeah, he sure got a raw deal.

JeeQ
I love how it's always the biggest McNabb haters that are the first to make a thread on this forum about his every move laugh.gif
chefalan23
here's my problem with mcnaab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_1My5nIRFQ...feature=related

doing this, then getting the shit kicked out of him and making me embarassed to be a fan.

the vikes are a good fit for him. the past 15 years, its been sort of a retirement home for qb's past their prime.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 27 2011, 04:13 PM) *
Not this garbage again. He had a best in league O line and a top 10 defense for most of his career. Yeah, he sure got a raw deal.

McNabb really was great in 03 and 04. You could make a case that he was great in 00, and 01 as well. The problem is the other years:

02: Okay
05: Bad
06: Horrific
07: Horrific
08: Very good
09: Okay
10: Horrific

What other "great" NFL QB only had 5 great seasons with the others generally being poor? If somebody names another example I will cease and desist all further criticism of McFraud. In fact, this supposed "great" QB had three seasons where he wasn't even a top 30 QB and he actually struggled through the majority of one of his good seasons (08).

The McNabbites will have no excuses after McNabb fails in Minn. And he will fail.

What is funny is that this time the McNabbites know that McNabb will fail, so they are getting their excuses ready in advance. They actually thought he would succeed in Washington when all he ended up doing is proving that he is in fact a substantially worse QB than Jason Campbell.

I remember years of having to listen to McNabb apologists. Now McNabbites are going to suffer like I've suffered. I will NEVER stop talking about how much McNabb sucks. Get ready for the season McNabbites, because I will be documenting each and every one of the many failures that we both know your fraud idol will commit this year.
patrock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jul 27 2011, 12:30 PM) *

i heard the delay was caused because minnesota wants to renegotiate his contract and get his cap number down to a reasonable number.
_KAMELOT_
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jul 28 2011, 08:09 AM) *
The McNabbites will have no excuses after McNabb fails in Minn. And he will fail.

And the wrath of God will fall upon them...I already miss supa7vick laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jul 28 2011, 12:09 AM) *
You could make a case that he was great in 00, and 01 as well.

He should have won the league MVP in 2000.
Sandor
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jul 28 2011, 12:09 AM) *
McNabb really was great in 03 and 04. You could make a case that he was great in 00, and 01 as well. The problem is the other years:

02: Okay
05: Bad
06: Horrific
07: Horrific
08: Very good
09: Okay
10: Horrific

What other "great" NFL QB only had 5 great seasons with the others generally being poor? If somebody names another example I will cease and desist all further criticism of McFraud. In fact, this supposed "great" QB had three seasons where he wasn't even a top 30 QB and he actually struggled through the majority of one of his good seasons (08).

Let me help you with your math.
McNabb great years - 4 (2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2008)
McNabb Okay years - 2 (2002 & 2009)
McNabb Bad/Horrific years - 4 (2005, 2006, 2007, 2010)
Abstained year(s) - 1 (1999)
So by your own words, Donnie had as many "great/Very good" years as he had "bad/horrific" years.
zed2k
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jul 28 2011, 01:09 AM) *
Get ready for the season McNabbites, because I will be documenting each and every one of the many failures that we both know your fraud idol will commit this year.

Glad to see you've found a hobby at the asylum now that they've taken away your jar of peanut butter and poster of Farrah Fawcett.

You and your ilk were proven wrong last year, when we got the same exact results from Vick leading the team as with McNabb the year before - 10-6, first round loss - obviously the problem lies elsewhere *hint*. You know this, so now you're cracking up and desperately hoping he fails in Minny.

When they play us, I hope we kill them. Otherwise, I hope he has a great resurgence there - Peterson will run the club, and #5 just has to be a game manager. I say they win 11 games this year, and I'm giving us our usual 10. Obviously, I would like us to outperform that.

What do you say Mr. McChemicalinbalance? How many games do you think Minny will win - 3? 4? How about us? 19?
zed2k
QUOTE (Sandor @ Jul 28 2011, 01:16 PM) *
Let me help you with your math.
McNabb great years - 4 (2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2008)
McNabb Okay years - 2 (2002 & 2009)
McNabb Bad/Horrific years - 4 (2005, 2006, 2007, 2010)
Abstained year(s) - 1 (1999)
So by your own words, Donnie had as many "great/Very good" years as he had "bad/horrific" years.

And of course, that's based off of his 'expert' analysis - don't try talking sense to him.
JeeQ
QUOTE (zed2k @ Jul 28 2011, 10:22 AM) *
And of course, that's based off of his 'expert' analysis - don't try talking sense to him.

Wonder if he'll be posting all of McNabb's success this season too tongue.gif
_KAMELOT_
Rice is out of Minnesota and Edwards looks like he won't resign. 11 wins? No way...if they win 7-9 games, they should be celebrating.
D Rock
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ Jul 28 2011, 06:00 PM) *
Rice is out of Minnesota and Edwards looks like he won't resign. 11 wins? No way...if they win 7-9 games, they should be celebrating.

Add McFraud to that team and a 7-9 win seasons now projects to a 5-7 win season.
_KAMELOT_
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 28 2011, 09:05 PM) *
Add McFraud to that team and a 7-9 win seasons now projects to a 5-7 win season.

Hmm, aren't you the one who said that no teams are interested in McNabb? laugh.gif
koolaidluke
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ Jul 28 2011, 02:10 PM) *
Hmm, aren't you the one who said that no teams are interested in McNabb? laugh.gif

Don't you have anti austerity riots to be participating in?
koolaidluke
Oh c'mon D-Rock, you know damn well that McNabb will be benched after 3 games. Frazier isn't going to let McFraud ruin the season after he saw Childress allow Favre to ruin the Vikings last season.
_KAMELOT_
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jul 28 2011, 10:07 PM) *
Don't you have anti austerity riots to be participating in?

Go back to your room to throw some darts at the McNabb poster.
D Rock
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ Jul 28 2011, 06:10 PM) *

They lost out on the first choice, tYlEr ThIgPeN (Supa Star ohmy.gif ). When you lose out on a player of thigpen's "caliber" and settle on McFraud . . . it's clear their interest was huuuuge....

laugh.gif

But, don't let the facts get in the way...

They needed a 1 year baby sitter for Ponder and even in THAT situation . . . McFraud wasn't their first (or 2nd) choice.
_KAMELOT_
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 28 2011, 11:34 PM) *
They lost out on the first choice, tYlEr ThIgPeN (Supa Star ohmy.gif ). When you lose out on a player of thigpen's "caliber" and settle on McFraud . . . it's clear their interest was huuuuge....

laugh.gif

But, don't let the facts get in the way...

They needed a 1 year baby sitter for Ponder and even in THAT situation . . . McFraud wasn't their first (or 2nd) choice.

I think they trust McNabb a lot, probably more than they should, but they were interested and they got him. Probably Ponder will be the starter in 1-2 years, 'till then I am really curious to see how they perform with Mc3-n-out
D Rock
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ Jul 28 2011, 08:48 PM) *
I think they trust McNabb a lot, probably more than they should, but they were interested and they got him. Probably Ponder will be the starter in 1-2 years, 'till then I am really curious to see how they perform with Mc3-n-out

I hear you.

My point however, is that if they "trusted" McNubb, they wouldn't have first tried to get Thigpen (not many QBs in the league suck worse). In the end, Supa5 was merely a consolation prize.
Dreagon
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ Jul 28 2011, 03:48 PM) *

Well, McNabb ought to be motivated. After getting beat out by Rex Grossman on the Redskins last year, his whole career is going to depend on him doing well at Minny. If he blows it again, his days as a starter are over and he's got to know it.
zed2k
QUOTE (_KAMELOT_ @ Jul 28 2011, 04:48 PM) *

When you use your running game with Brian Westbrook and now Adrian Peterson, you don't have 3-and-outs.....
_KAMELOT_
QUOTE (zed2k @ Jul 29 2011, 12:22 AM) *
When you use your running game with Brian Westbrook and now Adrian Peterson, you don't have 3-and-outs.....

I think that you wake up at night after dreaming of A. Reid, sweaty and frightened laugh.gif
I think that when you gather with your friends around the fire, everybody's telling stories of ghosts and you stories of Reid laugh.gif

Seriously, I want us to run the ball more, since we have someone like Shady on the backfield, but as McNabb is not the main problem of our course so far, it's the same for Reid. He is a good coach.
_KAMELOT_
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 29 2011, 12:17 AM) *
I hear you.

My point however, is that if they "trusted" McNubb, they wouldn't have first tried to get Thigpen (not many QBs in the league suck worse). In the end, Supa5 was merely a consolation prize.

That makes the Vikes more stupid, not McNabb a done QB.
koolaidluke
Oh yeah, cause McNabb had no running game whatsoever in Washington last year. Please kill yourself.

You are so goddamn stupid I can't even believe it.

What excuse are you going to make when McNabb flops in Minnesota. I would like to hear it ahead of time.
_KAMELOT_
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jul 29 2011, 03:11 AM) *
Oh yeah, cause McNabb had no running game whatsoever in Washington last year. Please kill yourself.

You are so goddamn stupid I can't even believe it.

What excuse are you going to make when McNabb flops in Minnesota. I would like to hear it ahead of time.

Let me help you with this.

I don't give a shit what McNabb is gonna do with the Vikes, so I don't need any excuses. He is an Eagle, I cheer for him, he's an opponent, I boo him. Any other way, he is a QB that had ups-n-downs, but the Eagles enjoyed some success with him and I'm glad for that. End of talk

You are the one that came out of the blue to post about a QB you hate so much, so go play Madden and try to sack him or get a life.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (zed2k @ Jul 28 2011, 01:20 PM) *
You know this, so now you're cracking up and desperately hoping he fails in Minny.

lol wut? We'd have won maybe 5 games with McNabb last year. Everybody knows that. And I'm not "hoping" McNabb will fail in Minni, I know that he will. Hope does not enter into the equation. He is going to flop massively.

You and your ilk were proven wrong last year, when we got the same exact results from Vick leading the team as with McNabb the year before - 10-6, first round loss - obviously the problem lies elsewhere *hint*.

Idiotic comparison. We lost in the playoffs by the skin of our teeth the eventual Superbowl winners. We did not get blown out twice in a row by the Dallas Cowboys. Besides, even I admit that McNabb wasn't bad in 09. He was okay, probably inside the top 20.

When they play us, I hope we kill them.

If McNabbs the QB, we will.

Otherwise, I hope he has a great resurgence there - Peterson will run the club, and #5 just has to be a game manager.

You can't run the ball when your QB can't sustain a drive for balls.

I say they win 11 games this year, and I'm giving us our usual 10. Obviously, I would like us to outperform that.

Considering McNabb will be benched after game 4, I'm not sure the Viking's final record means much.

How about us? 19?

We'll win 13 if Vick stays healthy. I never make post season predictions.
zed2k
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jul 28 2011, 08:28 PM) *
We'll win 13 if Vick stays healthy. I never make post season predictions.

I know you don't - why on earth would you want to make yourself look even more retarded?

C'mon psycho - put a number on the Vikings wins this year if McNabb stays healthy. No excuses, give me a number.
zed2k
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jul 28 2011, 08:28 PM) *
Idiotic comparison. We lost in the playoffs by the skin of our teeth the eventual Superbowl winners. We did not get blown out twice in a row by the Dallas Cowboys. Besides, even I admit that McNabb wasn't bad in 09. He was okay, probably inside the top 20.

Only by the grace of whatever god you might believe in was that game close - Green Bay dominated us, we should've gotten blown out. Vick (just like McNabb) overcame Andy Reid's shitty ass playcalling to make it close, plus we got lucky on defense at least 3 times on plays that should've been huge.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jul 27 2011, 10:53 AM) *
In Minn Don will have a great offensive line, a great running game and great receivers. When his inability to sustain a drive inevitably forces the Vikings to go with an 80-20 pass/run ratio (just like it did with the Eagles and the Redskins) everyone will finally have to admit what a colassal fraud Donovan McNabb is/was.

McNabb sucks.

I know why Obvious Troll is carrying on about McNabb, but why do the rest of us care?
He's not an Eagle anymore, and FINALLY he is out of the NFC East where we don't have to worry about facing himand any manufactured drama related to his time in Philly 2x a season guaranteed.

Even now with Kolb gone, most things related to the McNabb Drama are non-existent on the New, Improved Eagles. Let's talk about the how much the trolls are going to cry when the Eagles finally hoist one up.
zed2k
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Jul 29 2011, 10:09 AM) *
Let's talk about the how much the trolls are going to cry when the Eagles finally hoist one up.

Who exactly are you referring to that will 'cry' when the Eagles win one?

koolaidluke
QUOTE (zed2k @ Jul 29 2011, 10:26 AM) *

Probably you because it will be a win without your fraud hero at the helm.

He's not an Eagle anymore, and FINALLY he is out of the NFC East where we don't have to worry about facing himand any manufactured drama related to his time in Philly 2x a season guaranteed.

No, no, and 1000 times no. For years, literally for YEARS, I had to listen to pro McNabb propaganda while that fraud ruined entire seasons single handedly and made the Eagles offense a perennial nightmare to watch. I warned everybody at the time that when McNabb was gone you were going to suffer like I suffered. Now that your McFraud is gone you want to change the rules. It doesn't work like that.

I had to endure McNabb and his apologist for an entire decade. As long as that three and out machine sullies the NFL with his presence, I will document each and every one of his ample failures.
zed2k
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jul 29 2011, 11:43 AM) *

I recall you saying we would win a SB last year. This year you say 13 wins. I wish you had money and weren't committed to an asylum (one with internet) so I could bet you on this.

I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong, unlike you I won't crack up if this happens (as you have been proven wrong with #5 and Kolb and pretty much everything you say). However, I can think logically, and I know we will never win one under Reid - it's simply impossible for his gameday coaching mistakes to win 3 playoff games in a row assuming the bye, 4 without it.

Ok, so we can keep track, you have 13 wins for us, and 5 for Minny? Is this correct psycho?
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (zed2k @ Jul 29 2011, 09:26 AM) *

The idiot who only posts here to post that "Lombardis 00" jersey that is either a Giants/Cowboys fan, for one.

and all the Cowboy/Giant fans (because really, the Butt-Skins are so horrible nowadays, their fans don't really mess w/the Eagles that much) who rail on and on about "rings" when their teams have been as "irrelevant" as the Eagles have been w/o new ones.
zed2k
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Jul 29 2011, 12:49 PM) *
The idiot who only posts here to post that "Lombardis 00" jersey that is either a Giants/Cowboys fan, for one.

and all the Cowboy/Giant fans (because really, the Butt-Skins are so horrible nowadays, their fans don't really mess w/the Eagles that much) who rail on and on about "rings" when their teams have been as "irrelevant" as the Eagles have been w/o new ones.

They have to hold onto something.....
Donnie Mac
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jul 29 2011, 11:43 AM) *

No, no, and 1000 times no. For years, literally for YEARS, I had to listen to pro McNabb propaganda while that fraud ruined entire seasons single handedly and made the Eagles offense a perennial nightmare to watch. I warned everybody at the time that when McNabb was gone you were going to suffer like I suffered. Now that your McFraud is gone you want to change the rules. It doesn't work like that.

I had to endure McNabb and his apologist for an entire decade. As long as that three and out machine sullies the NFL with his presence, I will document each and every one of his ample failures.

Great. Starting now you can do that in the PITW forum.
http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showforum=4
KingJuicy
Question, had McNabb won that SB, 1. Would he be still here? 2. Would there be as many Anti-5'ers as they appear to be?

Here in Minny, there's really not a huge Buzz over him coming here. Maybe after the press conference. For some reason, the people here are fascinated by press conferences. There's more hype over Ponder than anything. So do the fans, Mc5 is on a very short string before they will be calling for his head.

Things to consider, new coach Frazier will be in his first full year as head coach and he's a defensive head so more often then not, McNabb will possiibly score just enough points over then what the defense gives up...which my friends equals wins.

But until they strap it up and play, we're all, good or bad...is talking shyt.

Now, someone send me some Tastykakes!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.