Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Betting on the Papacy
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Wiseguys and Degenerates
J_Cuz
In have not placed a wager on the papacy, I expect I will choose to avoid this scurrolous activity. However, I am nothing but amazed at the discrepancies that I am seeing regarding wagering on this current event.

One site is giving 50-1 on Batista-Re to secure the seat while another site is listing him at 3-1. I have never seen such a discrepancy in odds before.

In case your interested Ratzinger is going off at anywhere from 4-1 to even money. Arzine is 3-1 to 8-1. Hummes is a solid 8-1, Tettemaza is a steady 4-1. Maradiaga is about 10 or 12 to one.

Whatever the outcome, gambling is a terrible social sickness and it is up to the new Pope to save society from this evil... except me- I'm alive and doing fine.
Eyrie
What are the odds on md717 getting the job? devil03.gif
Sandor
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 18 2005, 12:59 PM)

Only you or X could get away with that line around here. tongue.gif devil03.gif
md717
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 18 2005, 12:59 PM)

BWAH!!!!!

Loved it!!!

Given that I abhor Catholic theology and almost everything that particular church stands for, I'd say several magnitudes of a BILLION to one.

I'm thinking they're not likely to elect an agnostic to the post. cool.gif

"If elected, I will not serve. If nominated, I will not run . . . "

hahahhahaha

Sandor's right tho, not many 'round these parts could get away w/ a line like that.

biggrin.gif
eugol55
So cuz, how'd you make out on this one?
J_Cuz
I don't bet in things I don't believe in...

Now, you see my post yesterday... "it gives me something to believe in."

cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.