Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody Catch Where Rendell Said . . .
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
he was going to root for the foreskinz because of McNabb? Isn't this the guy that lobbied heavily for Ricky Williams back in '99?

TGryn
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/051...ns.html?showall
“I’m going to still root for the Eagles, but I’m going to root for the Redskins in the playoffs, because they’re going to be in it, and we’re not,” Rendell said last week when asked – at the end of an interview about his anti-tea party rhetoric - for his thoughts on the Eagles’ trade last month of quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Redskins.

“It’s be careful what you wish for,” said Rendell, a former Philadelphia mayor who has long bolstered his regular-guy bona fides in the sports-mad and vote-rich Philly area with overt displays of sports fandom.
Dylan8
QUOTE (TGryn @ May 21 2010, 09:46 PM) *

So he can predict the future?
Zero
And I always thought Fast Eddie was a smart politician. I don't think this one will work for him.
SAM I Am
Fast Eddie is a master at the game of politics, but that certainly doesn't carry over to the football field.

For me it is fun watching him on the post and pre-game shows, just as long as you don't take anything he says too seriously.

The guy is an Eagle fan, but just that. And yes, he was lobbying big time for Williams, but later admitted it was a mistake. As if he had a choice rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.