Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad News folks
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
midnight green
Here is a link to a bit of disturbing news.
I hope this isn't true, Russell would not be a good fit here or anywhere.

Link to the news
GQSmooth
If he has realized how close he is to the street I'd take him. Place Kafka on practice squad. The kid is too talented. Football is a team sport, he is the only individual player I have seen just take over a game at a championship level. Again that is only with a serious attitude adjustment and commitment to the game.
Logan74
QUOTE (midnight green @ Apr 28 2010, 09:20 PM) *
Here is a link to a bit of disturbing news.
I hope this isn't true, Russell would not be a good fit here or anywhere.

Link to the news

It says nothing about how the Eagles are interested. Instead, it's just speculation. I doubt it.
bebina
If they were interested I wouldn't mind bringing him in...because there are only a handful of ppl who can make him into a serviceable NFL starter...and one of them is Andy
BirdsWinBaby
they need another QB because they arent going to pay Vick 5mill to backup

they have had talks with Garcia for what i believe is the #2 spot.....but Garcia is even older now than before

so to me this is a choice between Russell and Vick...if either is your starter you arent going to win anything either way. i would rather have Russell. he may have something left under better coaching. never a starter but a capable backup. ...there is the issue of him being overweight even while starting. if he rides the pine for a few weeks he will be bigger than his OL

unfortunately it will be a money thing IMO....they arent gonna pay a backup 5 mill (bye bye Vick) and im not sure that Russell cant get more than that on the open market

canadianeagle
King is a wingnut. There is no way the eagles would sign him. I have no doubt that someone will though.
Dreagon
Just what you guys need...a quarterback built like a nose tackle. You'd be better off with Vick. At least Vick wouldn't be trying to break into Andy's lunchbox.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 29 2010, 10:42 AM) *
At least Vick wouldn't be trying to break into Andy's lunchbox.

Would that be the one with wheels that looks like quilted chrome?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.