Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think the hardest part of this loss for me ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
... is the vision of Wade Phillips jumping up-and-down, giddy, fist-pumping, unbridled joy when Austin scores. This ranks just ahead of Phillips' fist pump over the bogus non-first down on DMac's successful sneak. Phillips acts like he's the player on the field making a play or a fan watching from his couch. I can't wait for the re-match, this a-hole has elevated my distaste for that team! It will be extra sweet to be the team that knocks them out of the playoff AGAIN!!!
midnight green
For me it was Reids decision to kick a field goal at the end instead of trying to get a first down when clearly we needed a td. to win. wacko.gif
TGryn
This was such a sloppy game by both teams, and the refs were involved more than they really should have been, that I'm going to have to rely on Iggleblog's video review later in the week to get a full picture of what was behind what happened.

I thought Herremans did a good job sliding over to LOT with no practice time there, considering he was going against Ware who's one of the fastest DE/LBs in the game. At that point, as I said in chat, we were down to 1 reserve OL for the entire line (Dunlap). Scary. Andrews is struggling, if we had better options he should probably be on IR, but we don't. McGlynn should be activated this week, with Kolb going back to 3rd emergency QB. Not clear why they activated KK in the first place.

Holding Austin to one catch was good, unfortunately that one was a game changer. Witten wasn't the factor he probably should have been with Gocong out and facing a rookie, again I'm punching that one up to scheming to mix up the coverages.

I also note that Felix Jones got only 4 carries for 10 yards. On the flipside, though, DJax got only two catches all night.

A tough loss. Neither team looked particularly good.

PhillyTC
QUOTE (midnight green @ Nov 9 2009, 08:06 AM) *
For me it was Reids decision to kick a field goal at the end instead of trying to get a first down when clearly we needed a td. to win. wacko.gif

C'mon, you know Andy doesn't keep track of time-outs, challenges or the clock

... so pissed about this loss but it's typical
evanseagle
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 9 2009, 08:14 AM) *
... is the vision of Wade Phillips jumping up-and-down, giddy, fist-pumping, unbridled joy when Austin scores. This ranks just ahead of Phillips' fist pump over the bogus non-first down on DMac's successful sneak. Phillips acts like he's the player on the field making a play or a fan watching from his couch. I can't wait for the re-match, this a-hole has elevated my distaste for that team! It will be extra sweet to be the team that knocks them out of the playoff AGAIN!!!

who said the eagles even make it to the playoffs? def wont be their playing the way they did last night
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (evanseagle @ Nov 9 2009, 11:31 AM) *
who said the eagles even make it to the playoffs? def wont be their playing the way they did last night

No problem we're as used to the Eagles having rough patches during the season and then coming on strong to and into the playoffs during Andy's reign, as you are to the cowgirls getting lucky early and then choking down the stretch to get bombed out. Its a decade long pattern.
JeeQ
Hardest part will be having to listen to all these Cowboys fans who think they're the best team in the league now. Congratulations on your first over a team with a winning record, you still won't sniff the playoffs this year. Enjoy it while it last Cowboys fans but we all know where this ends, it's almost December. Here comes a over a decade of history repeating.
Macksfield2
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 9 2009, 07:14 AM) *

I'm fairly certain McNabb gave his best shot last night as well as andy. I think what you see is what you get and nothing more.
BWARE
QUOTE (Macksfield2 @ Nov 9 2009, 09:35 PM) *
I'm fairly certain McNabb gave his best shot last night as well as andy. I think what you see is what you get and nothing more.

maybee if the fans in philly dident boo Mcfag all the time he would play better, I swear philly fans are the worst in the world!
Eyrie
QUOTE (BWARE @ Nov 10 2009, 01:42 AM) *
maybee if the fans in philly dident boo Mcfag all the time he would play better, I swear philly fans are the worst in the world!

You would benefit from a mirror, and the resultant seven years bad luck would be well deserved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.