Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: standard fare
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JYDPDX
Stellar come from behind by AR, McNabb and Co.

Perfect example of standard fare for the last decade in these types of games.

Nah, we dont need 4Q timeouts. They are more valuable to use early in the game.

Thanks Andy.

mcnabbulous
I thought the challenges were valid. Nothing else more to add. The offense continued to miss opportunities against a quality defense. We only seem to exploit the bad ones.
GQSmooth
Andy was right to challenge those spots. Two bad spots by the refs, a phantom hold on the return, the game was fixed.
Dreagon
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Nov 8 2009, 10:58 PM) *
Andy was right to challenge those spots. Two bad spots by the refs, a phantom hold on the return, the game was fixed.

I couldn't fault his decisions to challenge the spots, it was his decision to kick the field goal when he was down seven points and out of time outs that had me scratching my head.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 8 2009, 09:01 PM) *
I couldn't fault his decisions to challenge the spots, it was his decision to kick the field goal when he was down seven points and out of time outs that had me scratching my head.

Chances are we would have got the first down, then the ref would have spotted it behind the line anyways.
Dylan8
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Nov 9 2009, 01:11 AM) *
Chances are we would have got the first down, then the ref would have spotted it behind the line anyways.

lol. After that FG, I thought the D would stop'em. Guess not.
Furtado.
QUOTE (Dylan8 @ Nov 9 2009, 01:15 AM) *
lol. After that FG, I thought the D would stop'em. Guess not.

no timeouts and akeem was hurt on the kickoff.. i'm not mad at em
maxdallasfan
This game was fixed?

A non-call hold on Samuel on Roy in the endzone.
A fake push-off by Witten.
A fake grab by Brooking.

Andy Reid lost this game for the Eagles. Kicking a field goal was beyond stupid.
GQSmooth
Those were make ups, crew was bad going both ways, I agree on the Witten call.
TGryn
They were at 4th and 11 at the Dallas 33 with 4:33 left after going incomplete-incomplete-sack. A 52 yard FG isn't a high % play, but it did give them a chance to win the game outright rather than playing for the tie, assuming they could get the ball back. Unfortunately, the defense couldn't hold 'em.
Phits
QUOTE (TGryn @ Nov 9 2009, 12:27 PM) *
Unfortunately, the defense couldn't hold 'em.

That's a broken record....
Pila
It shouldn't even been a 4 and 1. McKoy picked up the first down on 3rd and 1, the replay showed. Two bad spots in a row. The previous 3rd and 2 play was correct spot, or perhaps even a little generous - McKoy's own momentum carried him back. That was McNabb's failt for forcing McKoy to come back for the ball. McNabb made some good throws, but he missed some too.
canadianeagle
QUOTE (maxdallasfan @ Nov 9 2009, 12:28 AM) *
This game was fixed?

A non-call hold on Samuel on Roy in the endzone.
A fake push-off by Witten.
A fake grab by Brooking.

Andy Reid lost this game for the Eagles. Kicking a field goal was beyond stupid.

The reffing was not very good on both sides. What really hurts for us the poor spotting of the ball. If we had won however, you had a very legitimate gripe with the Hold in the endzone.

At the end of the day, the eagles could not get a first down on a 2 and 1. It didn't help when Maclin dropped an easy pass that got intercepted either. These are two evenly matched teams where the results could have gone either way.

luckily for us, there is still lots of time to battle back from this loss.
Dreagon
QUOTE (canadianeagle @ Nov 9 2009, 11:48 AM) *
luckily for us, there is still lots of time to battle back from this loss.

Yep, that is very true.

This game helped Dallas in the Wild Card picture a lot more than it had anything to do with whoever ends up winning the division.
Eyrie
I'd disagree with you on that. You're now a game ahead and have the head-to-head with us still to visit you. The VaGiants have lost four in a row now so they're going to have to improve dramatically if they want to challenge for even second in the NFCE.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 9 2009, 01:52 PM) *
I'd disagree with you on that. You're now a game ahead and have the head-to-head with us still to visit you. The VaGiants have lost four in a row now so they're going to have to improve dramatically if they want to challenge for even second in the NFCE.

Yes, but December looms. Lets see where we are after that.

Right now, I'll be happy if Dallas can go .500 for the rest of the season. That will give us a record of 10-6 and the tiebreaker over Atlanta. If we can beat Green Bay next week, then we are looking good for that Wildcard.
TGryn
At this point last year, the Eagles had just lost to the Giants, which they followed up by tying the Bengals and getting crushed in Baltimore. So at Thanksgiving, they were 5-5-1 and even the believers were wondering if Reid had lost his touch. They ended up in the NFC Championship game.

Point being, its way too early to count a team like the Giants out. They also have their bye week, which many teams use to regroup and don't come out of it the same way they went in...for example, the Titans are now 2-0 after their bye, and still have an outside shot of the playoffs at 2-6 if they can continue to rally.

The thing working against the Giants more than anything is that they have a tough remaining schedule. The only "gimmie" I see is the Redskins game, and that's in Washington.
Pila
QUOTE (TGryn @ Nov 9 2009, 09:01 PM) *
At this point last year, the Eagles had just lost to the Giants, which they followed up by tying the Bengals and getting crushed in Baltimore. So at Thanksgiving, they were 5-5-1 and even the believers were wondering if Reid had lost his touch. They ended up in the NFC Championship game.

Point being, its way too early to count a team like the Giants out. They also have their bye week, which many teams use to regroup and don't come out of it the same way they went in...for example, the Titans are now 2-0 after their bye, and still have an outside shot of the playoffs at 2-6 if they can continue to rally.

The thing working against the Giants more than anything is that they have a tough remaining schedule. The only "gimmie" I see is the Redskins game, and that's in Washington.
Fans do this every year. We seem completely incapable of learning that the NFL is comprised of 4 seasons of 4 games each. It's the 3rd and 4th seasons that determine who goes to the playoffs and who goes to the playoffs hot. The Jintz can still, very well, end up being the hot, top team in the division. They're certainly looking no worse than the Eagles did around this time last year.

Good post.
Dreagon
The thing is, the Giants have looked kind of poor all year. Even at 5-0, they only beat Dallas (the only winning team they beat in that stretch) by a couple of real flukes. They have lost to all four winning teams they have played since. And in two of those games they got buried. It's not just that they are losing, they are losing when, and in ways, a mediocre team SHOULD be losing. I'm not saying they can't turn it around, but I'm saying it doesn't look good right now.
canadianeagle
QUOTE (TGryn @ Nov 9 2009, 04:01 PM) *

Very good point. Our next two games will be tough with SD and Chicago, but they are both average teams and very winable. With remaining games against Was-Atl-Nyg-SF-Den-Dal I think their is a very good chance that this team can win 5 of those games to put us at 10-6 for the season. If they can win 6 incliuding the Last game at Dallas, it should be good enough to win the division.

IMO The toughest remaining games will be against divisional Foes. If they can win those...
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 9 2009, 11:30 AM) *
That's a broken record....

Am I correct that White had coverage on Austin when he turned and ran into Witherspoon? Shit happens, but that was an error caused by a seriously depleted LB corps. The defense held Austin to nada except that one deciding play that, as Pila aptly puts shouldn't have been if the Refs hadn't of been bone-heads.

As badly as this loss hurts, because its Dallas and because I had to watch that asshole, loser Phillips dancing like fat teenager... Westbrook was out, Gocong was out, Peters was out half the game and Jordan was out during the crucial end of the game.

The point is that the team is very capable of recovering and rolling through the second half of the season. Chargers, Bears, Redskins, Falcons, Giants, 9ers, Broncos and Dallas to finish. This is traditionally the time of year when the Eagles step up and of those 8 games its not unreasonable to see them winning 6 leaving them at 11 - 5 which should be good for a playoff berth and maybe the Division.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.