Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Might as Well Throw that Gauntlet out There
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
Yep, it's Thursday. So how do you think it's going to go down Sunday night?

I'm going to stick with my 'boys, but I'm going to defy the experts and predict that both defenses rise to an entire week of hearing how good the other's offense is and turn this into a low scoring affair. Other than the rare big play, both offenses are stifled. The team that cracks double digits wins . . . I'm going to say it will be by a Romo pass to Sam Hurd after a game of trying to squeeze it in to Austin, Crayton, and Witton with little success. McNabb scores on a strike to Desean Jackson who makes a long run after the catch and Akers kicks a field goal to end the half. The only other score will be a short Barber run into the endzone that was set up by a long Felix Jones run earlier.

Cowboys 14 Eagles 9
PhillyTC
Eagles are probably feeling confident going into this game after the last two wins. And we know what kind of game the Eagles bring when that happens (read: Oakland) so I'll bite and say

Dallas 24
Philly 13 ... TD is a punt return TD by D.Jackson

Eyrie
It's November and it's a division game. We tend to do well on both counts so I'll pick up your gauntlet with the homer prediction of Cowboys 10, Eagles 20.

Disclaimer: I know little about Dallas this season beyond what you've reported so I reserve the right to be wildly inaccurate regarding both score and winner.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 5 2009, 02:37 PM) *
Yep, it's Thursday. So how do you think it's going to go down Sunday night?

I'm going to stick with my 'boys
Cowboys 14 Eagles 9

In our house, division importance, national stage, coming off a good win, with 1st place at stake, the edge has to go to the Eagles. But the most important reason is when you take all that and then add ... against the Cowboys .... you know what that means to the city ....

Eagles 32 (at least) Boys 10 (maybe 3 or 6 more).

Boca John

Zero
Everything I'm hearing is that the Cowboys' CBs are not up to the task of JaxMac. The question is if the Eagles' DL can stop the Cowboys' running game.

I'm thinking the Eagles win 24 - 10 but that its not as close as the score. Homer?
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 5 2009, 03:55 PM) *
Everything I'm hearing is that the Cowboys' CBs are not up to the task of JaxMac. The question is if the Eagles' DL can stop the Cowboys' running game.

Yeah. I'm kinda curious to see what Phillips thinking is going to be in regards to Jackson. Does he try to cover him with Newmans experience, or does he think he will be needing Jenkins speed? Does he elect for double coverage, and will he bring in Scandrick for that role? We're actually better in coverage from last year, with Sensabough being a big upgrade over Roy Williams, although he will probably be assigned to Celek.

Our own situation at wide reciever is weird. Our number one wideout is the one guy on the offense who is tanking at the moment. To be blunt, if he wasn't pulling down that big paycheck I don't think he would be on the field at all right now. All our other recievers are stepping up. Miles Austin has been a pleasant surprise, and Crayton has become his old self now that he is back in the slot where he belongs. Hurd and Ogletree are battling for that fourth spot, which may turn into a third spot if Williams don't get his act together soon. Witten, of course, is still Witten.

Our running backs are finally all healthy again. As long as Bad Tony don't show up, I think we can avoid embarrassing ourselves. Right now I like our odds because we are very good in November.

December is a different story.
xsv
I'll go with a 13-13 tie.
Pbfan
i could see this being a blowout for the eagles. im going with 33-10
JeeQ
Cowboys have some confidence after beating some scrub teams (just like the Giants), reality check time, Eagles style. You guys are improved, no doubt, Austin is stepping up, run game is stepping up, but not in our house! Eagles put up 30+ in a blowout. 3-0 sweep of the NFC East.
patrock
in a huge surprise move, the cowboys play a 2-4-5 defense against the eagles and neutralize our passing game, but it will be for naught as bad tony makes jake delhomme look like an accurate NFL QB and throws 11 INTs, while losing 3 fumbles.

eagles 73- cowboys 0.
Zero
QUOTE (patrock @ Nov 6 2009, 05:48 AM) *
in a huge surprise move, the cowboys play a 2-4-5 defense against the eagles and neutralize our passing game, but it will be for naught as bad tony makes jake delhomme look like an accurate NFL QB and throws 11 INTs, while losing 3 fumbles.

eagles 73- cowboys 0.

laugh.gif jumpclap.gif laugh.gif jumpclap.gif laugh.gif jumpclap.gif laugh.gif jumpclap.gif
canadianeagle
I see this game being a very difficult battle. Both teams are playing well. If the Eagles can do as well against the running games as they did against the Giants and the Eagles use the running game, Then I predict an Eagle win-a close win within 10 points.

Side note: Is it just me or are you finding it harder to detest the Cowboys since T.O is gone and with the addition of a decent Cowboy fan to the board? laugh.gif
HobbEs
Side note: Is it just me or are you finding it harder to detest the Cowboys since T.O is gone and with the addition of a decent Cowboy fan to the board?

A team and their fans can be mutually exclusive. For example, I can easlily hate the Cowboys while I genuinely like some of their fans. On the other hand I could care less about the Redskins while I hate their fans. I don't let a fan base sway my opinion of a team one way or the other.

Anyone else notice it's been way too quiet for Dallas week? This weekend we get re-introduced to the number one sport in Philadelphia. Eagles 30 Dallas 3. (Sorry Dreagan).

midnight green
As long as the O-line can give #5 just a few seconds to setup will help greatly. Looking at the last two games of ours, if its a pass to DJax McNabb probably should throw the ball as far as he can as soon as he can because DJax has the speed to run under it. I differ from some of the guys here with wanting the long drives in this game. Lets bury them quickly like we did the Giants. After all we will have the crowd on our side, should be plenty loud enough to throw off their offense somewhat. So lets take advantage of that and score quickly and put it out of reach by the 3rd qtr. Sound good. biggrin.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Nov 6 2009, 08:27 AM) *
A team and their fans can be mutually exclusive. For example, I can easlily hate the Cowboys while I genuinely like some of their fans. On the other hand I could care less about the Redskins while I hate their fans. I don't let a fan base sway my opinion of a team one way or the other.

Anyone else notice it's been way too quiet for Dallas week? This weekend we get re-introduced to the number one sport in Philadelphia. Eagles 30 Dallas 3. (Sorry Dreagan).

Yep. I'm not crazy about the Giants, but it's their whiny fans that bother me. I don't understand what their obsession with "getting respect" is all about. On the other hand, I was raised to hate the Redskins but I actually feel sorry for their fans nowadays.

It HAS been quiet. Which is odd because this game is what football is all about. I just bought my first big screen TV, because I wanted to have it in time for this game. I've got the grill all cleaned up, and I'll be choosing the meats to put in the fridge tomorrow. The regular season starts Sunday night.
midnight green
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 6 2009, 10:27 AM) *
Yep. I'm not crazy about the Giants, but it's their whiny fans that bother me. On the other hand, I was raised to hate the Redskins but I actually feel sorry for their fans nowadays.

It HAS been quiet. Which is odd because this game is what football is all about. I just bought my first big screen TV, because I wanted to have it in time for this game. I've got the grill all cleaned up, and I'll be choosing the meats to put in the fridge tomorrow. The regular season starts Sunday night.

Your gonna love it, especially if you have HD. I cannot watch anything not HD now.
Dreagon
QUOTE (canadianeagle @ Nov 6 2009, 07:58 AM) *
Side note: Is it just me or are you finding it harder to detest the Cowboys since T.O is gone and with the addition of a decent Cowboy fan to the board? laugh.gif

I'll definitely say that getting rid of T.O. (and the other guys like Tank Johnson and Pacman) was the best move Jerry made this offseason. Romo is a better QB without him.
Zero
QUOTE (canadianeagle @ Nov 6 2009, 08:58 AM) *
Is it just me or are you finding it harder to detest the Cowboys since T.O is gone and with the addition of a decent Cowboy fan to the board?

It's just you.
Blackpower
Coming from a Cowboys fan you guys pick up about the same amount of big name free agents as us you guys are just more hit or miss. Anyway I respect the Eagles out of everyone else in the division. When we do beat you guys on occasion I relish it more because you guys play us like it is a playoff game no matter when in the season. I hate the Giants and love seeing them suffer the one exception is when they beat the Patriots is the only time I gave them a little respect. The Redskins our almost a non factor these days so I only take them halfway serious. All in all out of all the teams in our division you guys hate us most and we respect you guys the most. If you really must know most of us Cowboy fans hate how are team is run and enjoy when we see our owner Jerry Jones fail because he refuses to hire a real GM which repeatedly sets us up for epic fails every season. We could care less about that stupid ass star and that title of America's team you can save that for those band wagon teams.
JeeQ
QUOTE (canadianeagle @ Nov 6 2009, 05:58 AM) *

Just you, bet you wouldn't say that if every week they were touted as "Canada's Team"! tongue.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Nov 8 2009, 11:57 AM) *
Just you, bet you wouldn't say that if every week they were touted as "Canada's Team"! tongue.gif

Yeah, but then we would have antlers instead of stars, end every other sentence with "eh," and would go around being nice to everybody.
md717
Depends which QB shows up for which team. If both QB's bring the game they played last week, it will be a very good game. If one of the QB's brings their "B" game, it will be a blowout.

I think the bad Romo will show up, and the good Donnie will show up. Therefore, it will be 42-13 Eagles.
BWARE
QUOTE (md717 @ Nov 8 2009, 02:11 PM) *
Depends which QB shows up for which team. If both QB's bring the game they played last week, it will be a very good game. If one of the QB's brings their "B" game, it will be a blowout.

I think the bad Romo will show up, and the good Donnie will show up. Therefore, it will be 42-13 Eagles.

you can say that about any game in the NFL on any given week so ya that is true but you have to look at the team as a whole.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.