Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Poll for the New Forum Name
Eagles Forum > Forum Administration > Technical Help and Forum Suggestions
wizardsandwars
My personal favorite BY FAR, is wingheads.com

I think that's catchy, meaningful, and unique.
Sandor
I'm rooting against flockofeagles.com
Reminds me too much of the 80s band, Flock of Seaguls. ph34r.gif
wizardsandwars
QUOTE (Sandor @ Apr 24 2004, 07:40 PM)

Why didn't you vote for it?

Edited: Duh, I thought you were rooting *for* it.

Sorry, misread.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Sandor @ Apr 24 2004, 03:40 PM)

that's why it's funny...
philfan
I am a fan of flyeaglesfly.net. Kinda catcy with the whole fight song thing.
Wingspan
QUOTE (philfan @ Apr 25 2004, 01:03 PM)
I am a fan of flyeaglesfly.net. Kinda catcy with the whole fight song thing.

that was my vote as well
bullwinkle
I kind of like Eaglestalk.
rjohns02
I second that emotion, Moose. Simple and descriptive. It's got my vote.
HobbEs
I like Eaglestalk. It's plain, not fancy and right to the point.

Hmmm...speaking of plain and not flashy...that kinda describes our draft doesn't it?
Yunk
I am with the Eagle Talk crowd.

Though I don't talk much.
patrock
if it can be made EaglesTalk.com, i'll vote for that. with the words all in small case, it looks like "eagle-stalk" to me.
wizardsandwars
QUOTE (patrock @ Apr 26 2004, 06:50 PM)
if it can be made EaglesTalk.com, i'll vote for that. with the words all in small case, it looks like "eagle-stalk" to me.

biggrin.gif

But the internet isn't case sensitive, patrock.

The title of the page can be "Eagles Talk", and we can diaplay that at the top of hte page. But, the url can be typed in with every other letter capital if you want.

That said, I don't think that www.eaglestalk.com looks as nice as www.wingheads.com, which is the format almost everyone will see it as.

D Rock
QUOTE (bullwinkle @ Apr 25 2004, 09:17 PM)

I'm with Moose.

Officially, I accidentally voted for Wingheads. Not sure how that happened but it said i had already voted and the only one to have votes at the time was Winghead.

I'd like to state for the record, that I don't care for winghead and should it win by a single vote, mine should in fairness be removed and added to Eaglestalk

It sounds credible.

wizardsandwars
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 26 2004, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (bullwinkle @ Apr 25 2004, 09:17 PM)

I'm with Moose.

Officially, I accidentally voted for Wingheads. Not sure how that happened but it said i had already voted and the only one to have votes at the time was Winghead.

I'd like to state for the record, that I don't care for winghead and should it win by a single vote, mine should in fairness be removed and added to Eaglestalk

It sounds credible.

Actually, the way this forum was set up, if you 'peeked' at the results before you voted. you submitted a "NULL" vote, meaning that it didn't count towards anything. Because this isn't really as intuitive as I had hoped, I went ahead and changed it so that you are allowed to look at the results without loosing your vote.

I double checked, and none of the votes entered for any selections were by you.

Since I made the change, I'm hoping that this means that you should be able to go back, and cast your vote. Please let me know if that's not the case, and I will manually change your vote from 'Null' to whatever selection you prefer.

BTW, what don't you like about wingheads?
JaxEagle
Dudes... very disappointing... eaglestalk.com is B-O-R-I-N-G...sounds like some stuffy radio show hosted by the coffetalk woman from Saturday Night Live...

wingheads.com is unique, meaningful, catchy and descriptive...

Cmon old ladies, take a walk on the wildside and go for wingheads.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D Rock
No offense fellas but wingheads seems a lil gay to me. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

wink.gif

WW, i am not able to change my vote. My vote would be eaglestalk.

It is a bit stale i agree, but it sounds somehow credible to me.

I don't really care either way.

a rose by any other name..............

Whatever the consensus is will be fine by me.
nephillymike
wizard,

For search purposes, should we make sure that we chose one with "eagles" in it so that it comes up on a google search??
wizardsandwars
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 26 2004, 11:17 PM)
wizard,

For search purposes, should we make sure that we chose one with "eagles" in it so that it comes up on a google search??

Search Engine like Goole do give a bit of a boost to URLs with key phrases in them, however, to take advantage of that, we'd have to use a url that seporates the keyphrase from the rest, for instance...

www.eagles-talk.com would ahve a slight advantage in search enging placemnet than www.eaglestalk.com. But it usually much more difficult for people to remember the hypion, so the slight boost usually isn't deemed to be worth the price. Escpecially considering that was can add a 'fake' parameter to the URL to get the same effect, i.e. www.eaglestalk.com?what=Eagles_Talk.
OlneyEagle
Of COURSE it should be WingHeads! How could anyone think any differently? Are you all a bunch of doorknobs?!?!user posted image
Sandor
QUOTE (OlneyEagle @ Apr 27 2004, 02:32 PM)
Of COURSE it should be WingHeads! How could anyone think any differently? Are you all a bunch of doorknobs?!?!user posted image

Wouldn't a doorknob be someone who couldn't upload an image from HIS OWN COMPUTER! tongue.gif

How about this as a compromise.
Eaglestalk as the URL, Wingheads as the heading?
Or the "Main Board" can be the Winghead board?

I'm willing to make this as grey as necessary so everyone is happy wub.gif
OlneyEagle
I never said that I wasn't a doorknob.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.