Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How is the left side of the OL going to be now?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Peters and Herremans are both big and very strong, any guesses on whether Herremans return will be a dramatic change for the OL? It sounds like Gilles wasn't doing a bang up job on the right side... think Cole will improve things over there? Its really too bad they don't have the line we envisioned in May: Peters, Herremans, Jackson, Andrews, Andrews.
mike quick
I think its going to take a few weeks to get these guys to gel. I wouldnt expect perfection off the bat.
patrock
cole's better than jean-gilles and should shift right immediately if stacey can't play there effectively.
TGryn
I'll admit at not being particularly great at evaluating in-game how the interior OL are doing, but from reading the game reviews by both Tommy Lawlor and by Igglesblog, it seems like Cole and Gilles alternate having bad games from week to week. I'm not particularly happy with either of them at this point, but until the coaches think SA is ready, those are the options at right guard.

I'm pretty concerned that Herremans' first game back is against Haynesworth, who could be the best DT in the game. Todd could well be a step up from Cole, and we may not notice it immediately because Haynesworth is just so dominant that he's tough for even the best OGs to handle, much less a guard who's probably still rusty and may not be 100% healthy.
midnight green
QUOTE (TGryn @ Oct 24 2009, 09:23 AM) *
I'll admit at not being particularly great at evaluating in-game how the interior OL are doing, but from reading the game reviews by both Tommy Lawlor and by Igglesblog, it seems like Cole and Gilles alternate having bad games from week to week. I'm not particularly happy with either of them at this point, but until the coaches think SA is ready, those are the options at right guard.

I'm pretty concerned that Herremans' first game back is against Haynesworth, who could be the best DT in the game. Todd could well be a step up from Cole, and we may not notice it immediately because Haynesworth is just so dominant that he's tough for even the best OGs to handle, much less a guard who's probably still rusty and may not be 100% healthy.

I thought that Herremns played great for his first game. Especially against Haynesworth, his name was barely mentioned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.