Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forum Name?
Eagles Forum > Forum Administration > Technical Help and Forum Suggestions
wizardsandwars
Here are a couple of available domains.

www.EaglePhans.com
www.greenxtreme.com
www.eagleslink.com

The name we choose needs to be an available domain name. You can check for open domains here....http://www.namesdirect.com/

We should compile a list of 10 names or so, and have a vote.

Any suggestions.
JaxEagle
I think all 3 of those you proposed are good choices and should be in the vote. Playing off one of them, how about changing the link to linc (takeoff on the stadium). to get eagleslinc, we would have to use .org or .us - i don't think that would be a big deal since this isn't a corporate presence website or anything... I think eagleslinc.us is pretty cool so that's my nomination.
wizardsandwars
Not a bad idea.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Eyrie
Some ideas when I was at work.

Not keen on the “EaglesPhans” name – too reminiscent of the old place. My suggestion is “EaglesGreenZone” as “GreenZone.com” is already taken. Feel free to suggest something better though.

xsv - will get back to you in a second.
Sandor
To attract outsiders looking for something about the Philadelphia Eagles (i.e. search engines); using Eagles (not Iggles) and/or some form of Philadelphia (or abreviations) should be used.

I understand Eyrie's desire to stay away from the established name, but we need something that will be easily reconizable.
JaxEagle
QUOTE(Sandor @ Apr 23 2004, 12:52 PM)
To attract outsiders looking for something about the Philadelphia Eagles (i.e. search engines); using Eagles (not Iggles) and/or some form of Philadelphia (or abreviations) should be used.

I understand Eyrie's desire to stay away from the established name, but we need something that will be easily reconizable.

I agree with your point, but most people find messge boards by doing internet searches anyway, so I don't think be easily recognizable is critical, but is something to keep in mind.
LoneEagle
How about

"Life is too short for grown adults to obsess over percieved slights from Internet Acquaintances Eagles Football Board" biggrin.gif

--- Nah, nevermind -- too wordy!
wizardsandwars
Here are a few more I dug up. Do any of these strike anyone's fancy?

eaglestalk.com
eagleschat.com
philly-eagles.net
phillybirders.com
talkeagles.com
eaglesdiscussion.com
eagles-web.com
eaglesreaders.com
eaglesdaily.com
eagles-fans.com
wizardsandwars
Still more.....

eaglesextreme.com
extremelyeagles.com
eaglesxtreme.com
phillytalons.com
phillyclaws.com
eaglebeaks.com
eaglesboard.com
Wingspan
QUOTE(wizardsandwars @ Apr 23 2004, 06:55 PM)

eagleschat.com

eagle schat

LOL
wizardsandwars
Just a few more...

greenbirdsofprey.com
ipoopgreen.com
birdsofgreen.com

So far, my early favorites are....

eaglesboard.com
ipoopgreen.com **I'd want to ask permission from the poster on igglephans for this one.
birdsofgreen.com
Cowboyhater
eaglesboard looks good. I think we should stay away from anything with phans in it. There were a few others that looked interesting. Eaglesextreme sounds good too.
JaxEagle
I like all of these:

greenxtreme.com - catchy

eagleslink.com - simple, solid

eagleslinc.us - takeoff on linc stadium and uses the extension .us which is patriotic to phily, eagles, USA, etc.

eaglebeaks.com - humorous, fitting
LoneEagle
QUOTE(JaxEagle @ Apr 23 2004, 08:05 PM)
eagleslink.com - simple, solid

eagleslinc.us - takeoff on linc stadium and uses the extension .us which is patriotic to phily, eagles, USA, etc.

I like these two as well.

LE
Sandor
QUOTE(wizardsandwars @ Apr 23 2004, 07:06 PM)
Just a few more...

greenbirdsofprey.com
ipoopgreen.com
birdsofgreen.com

So far, my early favorites are....

eaglesboard.com
ipoopgreen.com **I'd want to ask permission from the poster on igglephans for this one.
birdsofgreen.com

I will second Cowboyhaters nomination for Eaglesboard.com be our official name.

P.S. I will go back to the "old board" if you choose "Ipoopgreen.com"

ACK! ph34r.gif
Eyrie
Of those "talkeagles" edges "eagleschat" for me. But both (or eagles-web) should get a fair bit of attention and bring in new members.

Still like "greenzone" (maybe a .us .org or .net ?) as a play on "red zone".

Don't like "Ipoopgreen" (sorry xsv). "Eagleslinc" would imply a lot of background material or links to other websites which we don't have.

BTW, is it just me or does anyone else find that after looking at a word (eg "eagles") being repeated so often they start to question the spelling of it?
wizardsandwars
Also, heres a couple of pretty good domains left out there is ....

phillyeagles.net
phillyeagles.org
phillyeagles.us
JaxEagle
Here's more:

flockofeagles.net or flockofeagles.us
talons.us
eagleeyes.org
noblebirds.com
kingofbirds.net
flyeaglesfly.net
flightoftheeagle.net
greenxtreme.com

Just trying to play of the definition of a true Eagle, which is:

Any of various large diurnal birds of prey of the family Accipitridae, characterized by a powerful hooked bill, keen vision, long broad wings, and strong soaring flight.
The eagle is remarkable for strength, size, graceful figure, keenness of vision, and extraordinary flight. The figure of the eagle, as the king of birds, is commonly used as an heraldic emblem.
wizardsandwars
My updated current favorites are

phillyeagles.net
greenxtreme.com
birdsofgreen.com
eaglesboard.com
eaglebeaks.com
greenbirdsofprey.com

greenzone is taken for all extensions.

I'm not real thrilled about the idea of using the .us extension.

I'd like to get a domain in the next 24 hours, so we should round out a top ten.
JaxEagle
ok, my updated list of favs is:

flockofeagles.net (we are a bunch of eagles fans, so what better than a flock of eagles)

greenxtreme.com (catchy, solid)

i'd do it, but as pres, i figure you ought to put 5-10 names together and officially start a vote thread that closes at a set time.
Eyrie
Damn, foiled again.

My nominations for a vote are

phillyeagles.net
flyeaglesfly.net
eaglestalk.com
eagleschat.com
talkeagles.com
eaglesdiscussion.com
eaglesweb.com
JaxEagle
one more possibility, even available with the .com extension...

wingheads.com

(kind of a takeoff on our helmet and someone who is a fanatic is often called a "xxxxx-head")
wizardsandwars
Ooh, I like wingheads.

Add that to my list of favorites.

In fact, that may BE my favorite. I'll start the poll today.
JaxEagle
xsv, i like wingheads a lot better than i like shaun andrews............uggh! i guess all we can do is wait and see.
Bardy
www.midnightgreen.com
wizardsandwars
QUOTE (Bardy @ Apr 24 2004, 09:47 PM)
www.midnightgreen.com

Is taken. That was one of the ones I tried early on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.