Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm totally embarassed
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
I'm totally embarassed about the fact that our QB, a college graduate, did not know the overtime rules.

It's not JUST the fact that he was ignorant of a vital rule but, it means it might have potentially impacted any sense of urgency the offensive general might have been working with during the critical and last, 5th qtr.

With urgency, adrenelin flows. And you need some of that to play a violent game like football. And when you don't have the sense of urgency, you are left with ... what ? I can't imagine.

The other thing is this. What the heck DID he think was the rule? Did he think the teams play forever until an eventual winner is decided? So theoretically the teams could be on the field until the Phillies go to spring training, forcing a rescheduling of the entire NFL season into the summer ?

I am embarassed to be associated with such a man who could make such a bone head mistake.

Not only that, he ADMITTED it !!!! That's even worse. I wish he would have had the balls to do the man thing and LIE about it, like any man does when cornered by the other half asking who's panties are these that I found in your glove compartment ?

Jeezuz H krist. It's not bad enough that we have to tie the 1 and 8'ers, but we have to admit that we don't know the fundamentals, otherwise known as, the rules of the game.

Holy Shit. I feel like I'm living in football Hell where there is nothing but horrible Eagles filled nightmares. Pass the razor blades please.
Pila
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Nov 17 2008, 10:37 PM) *
I'm totally embarassed about the fact that our QB, a college graduate, did not know the overtime rules.

It's not JUST the fact that he was ignorant of a vital rule but, it means it might have potentially impacted any sense of urgency the offensive general might have been working with during the critical and last, 5th qtr.

With urgency, adrenelin flows. And you need some of that to play a violent game like football. And when you don't have the sense of urgency, you are left with ... what ? I can't imagine.

The other thing is this. What the heck DID he think was the rule? Did he think the teams play forever until an eventual winner is decided? So theoretically the teams could be on the field until the Phillies go to spring training, forcing a rescheduling of the entire NFL season into the summer ?

I am embarassed to be associated with such a man who could make such a bone head mistake.

Not only that, he ADMITTED it !!!! That's even worse. I wish he would have had the balls to do the man thing and LIE about it, like any man does when cornered by the other half asking who's panties are these that I found in your glove compartment ?

Jeezuz H krist. It's not bad enough that we have to tie the 1 and 8'ers, but we have to admit that we don't know the fundamentals, otherwise known as, the rules of the game.

Holy Shit. I feel like I'm living in football Hell where there is nothing but horrible Eagles filled nightmares. Pass the razor blades please.
That is incredible. But today I just found out that the Eagle's web guy was really just the information officer of a sinister plan to brainwash the fans of their sporting sense aimed at making us all into brainless, drooling, loyal lemmings, not unlike the political bootlickers that frequent these sites... so, in that perspective, it's not as incredible as I initially found it to be.
GQSmooth
It's not just McNabb, other players said the same thing. Its an indictment of the coaching staff. This lack of urgency has been present all year, biggest reason why the team can't win if the game is decided by 6 points or less. The decision by Reid to punt the ball with 1:30 left in OT on 4th and 1, shows he just gave up. Either Reid is relieved of Director of Football Ops or he gets fired at season end otherwise I'm pissed. Reid's drafting failures the last 2 years and gameday mgmt. shows he needs to have a football person to report to. The lack of balanced attack with McNabb has gone on several years now. Its time for a serious change in direction starting with Reid himself. Ownership has give Reid too much control.
D Rock
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Nov 17 2008, 10:36 PM) *
It's not just McNabb, other players said the same thing. Its an indictment of the coaching staff. This lack of urgency has been present all year, biggest reason why the team can't win if the game is decided by 6 points or less. The decision by Reid to punt the ball with 1:30 left in OT on 4th and 1, shows he just gave up. Either Reid is relieved of Director of Football Ops or he gets fired at season end otherwise I'm pissed. Reid's drafting failures the last 2 years and gameday mgmt. shows he needs to have a football person to report to. The lack of balanced attack with McNabb has gone on several years now. Its time for a serious change in direction starting with Reid himself. Ownership has give Reid too much control.

I don't want him to remain in ANY capacity. I'd drive him to jersey, drop his ass off, go back and change the locks on the novacare.

GQSmooth
Just float him across the river.
Heavy D
I FEEL YOUR PAIN MY BROTHER.
Eyrie
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Nov 18 2008, 01:10 AM) *
Just float him across the river.

And tip off the Japanese whaling fleet.

As regards McNabb, whilst I find it incredible that he didn't know a tie happens after the firth quarter, he should know that OT is sudden death and therefore a sense of urgency is required on every snap because it may be the last time you see the ball.

Reid giving up was inexcusable. Saving the season required a win, so the tie is a de facto loss.
Pila
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 18 2008, 10:45 AM) *
And tip off the Japanese whaling fleet.

As regards McNabb, whilst I find it incredible that he didn't know a tie happens after the firth quarter, he should know that OT is sudden death and therefore a sense of urgency is required on every snap because it may be the last time you see the ball.

Reid giving up was inexcusable. Saving the season required a win, so the tie is a de facto loss.
I don't think he gave up. I think he didn't want to lose.

The Eagles had a horrible game offensively, mainly because McNabb had a really bad game. So the fact that we couldn't beat the Bengals is bad enough, but given how well we converted short-yardage situations up to that point, the possibility to lose that game on that play was likely. So he's right that it is still better than losing. It's no consolation, but a tie is still better than a loss - if the team goes 10-5-1 and in contention for a wildcard, we'll beat out the 10-6 team.

We may not see it play out like that, and it may not, but Reid has to consider these things until we're officially out of the playoffs.
bullwinkle
I agree about not going for it on 4th and 1 with 90 seconds left in the game. He left he had to choose between a loss or a tie at that point. Maybe if the stupid group of players out there realized that regular season games end after 15 minutes of overtime, they wouldn't have left themselves in a 4th and 1 situation.

Reid is going to have to start benching players who don't perform or lose this team. The fact that they lose just about every close game indicates they don't have confidence. Reid is going to have to smack them with a 2 by 4 to start holding them accountable. If someone drops 2 passes, send him to the locker-room, even if it is Westbrook. If a lineman misses 2 blocks, then bench him. If the QB throws 2 interceptions, then send in Kolb. He needs to send a message that poor execution is not going to be tolerated from anyone. The players are acting like they don't expect to be held accountable. From that perspective, Reid has lost this team. Hopefully, a little ass-kicking will get it back.
Phits
QUOTE (bullwinkle @ Nov 18 2008, 06:47 PM) *
I agree about not going for it on 4th and 1 with 90 seconds left in the game. He left he had to choose between a loss or a tie at that point. Maybe if the stupid group of players out there realized that regular season games end after 15 minutes of overtime, they wouldn't have left themselves in a 4th and 1 situation.

Reid is going to have to start benching players who don't perform or lose this team. The fact that they lose just about every close game indicates they don't have confidence. Reid is going to have to smack them with a 2 by 4 to start holding them accountable. If someone drops 2 passes, send him to the locker-room, even if it is Westbrook. If a lineman misses 2 blocks, then bench him. If the QB throws 2 interceptions, then send in Kolb. He needs to send a message that poor execution is not going to be tolerated from anyone. The players are acting like they don't expect to be held accountable. From that perspective, Reid has lost this team. Hopefully, a little ass-kicking will get it back.

If a player[s] has an "off game", that's one thing...when your players are having an off year...who holds Reid accountable?

At this point I have to side with the majority, drastic changes are needed this off-season and it needs to start with the entire coaching staff.
Eyrie
I like Moose's logic.

If Lurie applies it then Reid gets benched at the minimum.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 18 2008, 04:45 AM) *

... the tie is a de facto loss.

What the heck kind of man uses girlie words like "whilst" and "de facto" in one LIFETIME let alone in the same post?

I bet you wear skirts when no one's looking, right ?

Fer Pete's sake, please stay away from words like "whilst" and "de facto". And walk like John Wayne when you're wearing them skirts in private.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Pila @ Nov 18 2008, 04:17 PM) *
It's no consolation, but a tie is still better than a loss - if the team goes 10-5-1 and in contention for a wildcard, we'll beat out the 10-6 team.

We may not see it play out like that, and it may not, but Reid has to consider these things until we're officially out of the playoffs.

Now THAT'S optimism for ya ... finding reason to hope that our 10-5-1 team will eek out a playoff spot against some team with 10-6.

Sure it's possible. Just like some starlet telling you your chance of a roll in the sack with her is 1 in a billion. Hey, it's a CHANCE !!!!

Just like our chance of ending up 10-5-1 is also 1 in TEN billion. There IS a chance.

Hey Pila, I love ya man ... ya never say die ... good for you !!!!

Pila
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Nov 19 2008, 11:45 PM) *
Now THAT'S optimism for ya ... finding reason to hope that our 10-5-1 team will eek out a playoff spot against some team with 10-6.

Sure it's possible. Just like some starlet telling you your chance of a roll in the sack with her is 1 in a billion. Hey, it's a CHANCE !!!!

Just like our chance of ending up 10-5-1 is also 1 in TEN billion. There IS a chance.

Hey Pila, I love ya man ... ya never say die ... good for you !!!!

Smart money is always on the improbable, don'tcha know.
vermeilman
I can't say it better than Smallwood:

John Smallwood: McNabb settles into familiar "Woe is Donovan" role

By John Smallwood
Philadelphia Daily News

THIS COULD have been simple.

Donovan McNabb could have ended the stigma of "Overtimegate" that has floated over him with three one-syllable words.

"I messed up."

Question: Donovan, going back to your acknowledging you did not know the overtime rules . . .

"I messed up."

Well, a follow-up question . . .

"I messed up."

End of story, end of controversy, let's talk football and the Eagles' upcoming game at the Baltimore Ravens.

Of course, rarely do things surrounding the Eagles quarterback end up being simple. It's been that way since some charged-up fans booed his selection at the 1999 NFL draft.

That began his "Woe is Donovan" routine, and things have not improved in the decade since.

McNabb could have mocked himself - that would have doused the spark that had kindled into an inferno of controversy.

Instead, he again left us wondering whether he knows the difference between a can of gasoline and a bucket of water.

"Laugh at myself? No," McNabb said, when asked whether he was bothered by the way he has been ridiculed since revealing he didn't know an NFL game could end in a tie after Sunday's 13-13 draw with Cincinnati. "This is 10 years for me. I've been through the down days, the down weeks. I've been through the highs. So I don't let anything like this affect me in any way."

It was the classic, poor-old-Donovan routine.

It was McNabb again hinting that a mess of his own making was instead his detractors taking opportunistic potshots at him.

I'd hoped he wouldn't go down that road, but it didn't shock me, once he did.

What was a surprise was McNabb's putting on a layer of martyrdom for being ridiculed as clueless for the previous 3 days. Here was a whopper of positive spin to one of the most embarrassing gaffes in recent sports history.

It was McNabb's burden to suffer the slings and arrows of self-inflicted outrageous fortune so that his NFL brethren could become enlightened.

"The thing about it is that now other people are saying they didn't know it either," McNabb said. "Am I wrong for that? No. Should I have known the rule? There are a lot of coaches, officials, players that don't know.

"I think 100 percent of everybody in the league knows now. I'm kind of a trendsetter. I've kind of set a trend."

Whatever, a trend of expressed ignorance is not something I'd necessarily be proud of, but whatever floats McNabb's boat.

By the time McNabb had declared, "The overtime was over" and tried to explain (incorrectly) that the rule had changed a few years ago, everybody's brain cells had practically vaporized anyway.

In the grand scheme, I agree with both McNabb and Eagles coach Andy Reid that not knowing the rule had no bearing on the outcome.

But McNabb's initial statement and yesterday's follow-up point again to the larger issue of this quarterback's image as a leader and why many fans don't consider him a strong one.

Reiterating the point of my Daily News colleague Les Bowen, McNabb's inability to take ownership of situations - many of his own creation - was again on display.

It was him dismissing the controversy of referring to his spat with Terrell Owens as "black on black crime." It was McNabb telling HBO things are harder for him as a "black quarterback," and refusing to explain himself.

It was his pleading for Reid to "upgrade" the weapons, then backing off after saying acquiring cornerback Asante Samuel represented what he was talking about.

This was another disappointing reminder that at a time when the struggling Eagles desperately need their quarterback to wear the mantle of leadership down the difficult path ahead, McNabb doesn't inspire confidence that he is capable of doing that.

Not that McNabb necessarily views it that way.

"What people say doesn't bother me, because, as you can see, every time something has happened that I've been a part of, more and more things have come out that people begin to sit back and say, 'Oh well, maybe he was right,' " McNabb said. "Should I have known that rule? Yes, but there are a lot of rules in the rulebook that a lot of us don't know, and we ask questions."

McNabb should have stopped at conceding he should have known the rule.

In fact, that's where he should have started, because that would have made everything so simple. *

D Rock
yup...

Smallwood got it right.
Reality Fan
Wait, a member of the same media that has taken every chance to stir controversy is making the media the victim of McNabb's "woe is me"? How ironic. Now if the Philly media had been in the can for the guy I would say ok, this is something. This is just another guy who is too late to the train on an issue that never really was an issue and now guys like Dawkins and Hines Ward, both in the league longer, admit they did not know the rule either.(and Hines Ward was involved in one)

It is probably best that McNabb leaves this city. The media here is like a bitchy girlfriend. No one is ever good enough until something big happens. So many killed the Phillies, their coach, their players, their GM, right up until they won a World Series and then all the writers forgot all the bad stuff they wrote.

Maybe Smallwood should read his own work, the dumbass.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/columnists...ith_McNabb.html
vermeilman
I'm sure you have a point there somewhere Reality Fan.
Phits
QUOTE (vermeilman @ Nov 20 2008, 10:18 PM) *
I'm sure you have a point there somewhere Reality Fan.

Yeah, his point is the Smallwood laugh.gif is a dipshit.

Like another dipshit [Jason Whitlock] said "Media's mistake way bigger than McNabb's"...The majority of the +70,000 people involved in a poll agree with him as well.

if they really believe McNabb's rulebook blindspot in some way impacts his ability to be an effective NFL quarterback, then I'm quite sure my knowledge of the game surpasses their combined information by several football fields.

Had McNabb failed to launch a last-gasp Hail Mary pass against the Bengals, I would then understand all the fuss and bluster.

And we damn sure know had McNabb's Hail Mary fallen safely into a Philadelphia hand and secured victory, no one would care that McNabb was unaware NFL games could end in a tie.

LINK

vermeilman
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 20 2008, 09:57 PM) *
Yeah, his point is the Smallwood laugh.gif is a dipshit.

Like another dipshit [Jason Whitlock] said "Media's mistake way bigger than McNabb's"...The majority of the +70,000 people involved in a poll agree with him as well.

LINK

So you think that our quarterback's a dumbass is a good thing. Ok.
vermeilman
Peter King, CNNSI:

Philadelphia Eagles (5-4) at Baltimore Ravens (6-4)

Andy Reid calls over Donovan McNabb just before kickoff and says, "Just wanted to alert you - we're playing four quarters today. Sixty minutes. I'm going to do everything in my power to not get us into overtime because I don't want you to be mentally taxed with such a difficult concept."

Prediction: Baltimore Ravens 22, Philadelphia Eagles 20

Eyrie
QUOTE (vermeilman @ Nov 21 2008, 03:51 AM) *
Peter King, CNNSI:

Philadelphia Eagles (5-4) at Baltimore Ravens (6-4)

Andy Reid calls over Donovan McNabb just before kickoff and says, "Just wanted to alert you - we're playing four quarters today. Sixty minutes. I'm going to do everything in my power to not get us into overtime because I don't want you to be mentally taxed with such a difficult concept."

Prediction: Baltimore Ravens 22, Philadelphia Eagles 20

Which leaves one question unanswered - will McNabb play the first quarter, or will he continue this worrying trend of doing nothing for fifteen minutes?
Phits
QUOTE (vermeilman @ Nov 20 2008, 11:40 PM) *

How many players in the NFL do you consider to be candidates for the Mensa society?

Get a grip.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (vermeilman @ Nov 20 2008, 10:40 PM) *

It seems to work for you....

My point is that Smallwood is a hypocrite and the Daily news tends to read like an audition for WIP. Hoffman is the only sane one there, not that I agree with him 100% but he is a good writer.

That being said, McNabb not knowing the rule, while inexcusable, is not an uncommon thing in the NFL. The idiots like Sapp who fake indignation crack me up because they look like idiots for 2 reasons. First it did not affect the game and second, multiple players have come out and admitted they also did not know like Hines Ward and Brian Dawkins who have both been in the league longer. I understand that it was a shock. i understand that every player should be aware of the rules. I also understand that it was apparently a slow newsweek because it just wasn't that big a deal especially the way McNabb played. That should have been the big deal. He had his worse game in ages in a key game against a shitty team, that is what folks should be killing him about. That I would understand.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 21 2008, 08:59 AM) *
I also understand that it was apparently a slow newsweek because it just wasn't that big a deal especially the way McNabb played. That should have been the big deal. He had his worse game in ages in a key game against a shitty team, that is what folks should be killing him about. That I would understand.

That would be the rational thing to expect. Perhaps this was the work of some great spin doctors, because the attention has been placed on his knowledge of a rule [that ultimately had no bearing on the outcome] and not the fact that he played like shyte.
Pila
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 21 2008, 11:06 AM) *
Which leaves one question unanswered - will McNabb play the first quarter, or will he continue this worrying trend of doing nothing for fifteen minutes?

After watching the Cincy game, I'll give him a mulligan on the first quarter if he finishes strong in the ast 3.
D Rock
A mulligan? How many of those does he get? He's completing under 20% of his passes in the first quarter since the bye. He's got fumbles, ints and a whopping 5 yards per completion.

This is not an aberration. This has been going on for half the season now.
Pila
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 21 2008, 05:34 PM) *
A mulligan? How many of those does he get? He's completing under 20% of his passes in the first quarter since the bye. He's got fumbles, ints and a whopping 5 yards per completion.

This is not an aberration. This has been going on for half the season now.
Well, I'll give him one per game for the rest of the season just as long as they win those. But you're under no obligation to want to walk around with your hand in his pocket like BFFs like MD does with me. wink.gif
Eyrie
Much as it pains me to type this, D Rock is right. It's becoming a habit with McNabb and that is not a situation the team can support for long. He can get away with stinking for the first quarter against a bad team, but not against a good one. And if we're to ever win the SuperBowl we will have to beat good teams.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still a McNabb fan. I'm simply concerned by what I see.
SLOiggles
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Nov 17 2008, 02:36 PM) *
IThe decision by Reid to punt the ball with 1:30 left in OT on 4th and 1, shows he just gave up.

how so? they were on their own 22 yard line and they can't fucking buy a yard on 3rd and short or 4th and short. I'll take a tie over a loss any day of the week
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 21 2008, 04:12 PM) *
Much as it pains me to type this, D Rock is right. It's becoming a habit with McNabb and that is not a situation the team can support for long. He can get away with stinking for the first quarter against a bad team, but not against a good one. And if we're to ever win the SuperBowl we will have to beat good teams.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still a McNabb fan. I'm simply concerned by what I see.

Folks should be concerned. He has done nothing to inspire confidence and much to raise our concerns. What drives me nuts are the idiots who start piping up about "he is an idiot", "he has always sucked" and "McChoke" stuff.

He has the opportunity for the next 6 weeks to prove what he is at this point in his career. It is assinine to say he was never any good or that he couldn't win big games, the history makes those who do look moronic or ridiculously selective in their memory. It is fair to question where he is now however and whether he is or should be the QB of this team.

The coaching aside, his throws looked terrible. I think it was stupid for AR to call so many throws(or whoever is calling the plays) but McNabb looked terrible throughout. That concerns me.

Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 21 2008, 07:42 AM) *
How many players in the NFL do you consider to be candidates for the Mensa society?

Get a grip.

Mike Phipps was a Rhodes scholar. Was drafted out of Purdue where he made it into the NCAA Hall of Fame because he beat Notre Dame three times. Played for the Bears and Browns. Eagles once knocked him out of playoffs I think. There have been some pretty damn smart QB's in the NFL.

But I am not a candidate for Mensa, I don't QB in the NFL, and I know the overtime rules.

Let's just say that any QB might want to know the rules of the game. Don'tcha think ?

Back atcha about that "get a grip" part.

D Rock
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Nov 22 2008, 04:11 AM) *
Mike Phipps was a Rhodes scholar. Was drafted out of Purdue where he made it into the NCAA Hall of Fame because he beat Notre Dame three times. Played for the Bears and Browns. Eagles once knocked him out of playoffs I think. There have been some pretty damn smart QB's in the NFL.

But I am not a candidate for Mensa, I don't QB in the NFL, and I know the overtime rules.

Let's just say that any QB might want to know the rules of the game. Don'tcha think ?

Back atcha about that "get a grip" part.

Oh, don't mind phitsie. He feels, and has always felt mcnabb's pain personally dontcha know...

Phits
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Nov 22 2008, 12:11 AM) *

Mike Phipps...that's the best you got? Tens of thousands of NFL players have played in the league and an obscure reference to a player from over two decades ago is who you bring to the table? Well you got me there....1 in 10,000+ players bowdown.gif

Let's just say that any NFL player might want to know the rules of the game, however based on the reports from this past week that isn't the case.

Referring to a university graduate as a "dumbass" is indicative of somebody who needs to get a grip.
Eyrie
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Nov 22 2008, 01:59 AM) *
how so? they were on their own 22 yard line and they can't fucking buy a yard on 3rd and short or 4th and short. I'll take a tie over a loss any day of the week

Because given our record, especially in the division, we needed to win that game. If we'd gained the yard we may have managed to get into FG range and win. Probably not, given how poorly we'd played for the previous 73 1/2 minutes, but the risk had to be taken.

Certainly if we'd failed on that 4th&1 then the Bengals would have kicked the winning FG the next play, but since a tie was as bad as a loss for our season then there was no downside to going for it.

The only effect that the tie has over the loss is that we'll draft after all the 7-9 teams when we finish 7-8-1.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 22 2008, 05:56 AM) *
Certainly if we'd failed on that 4th&1 then the Bengals would have kicked the winning FG the next play, but since a tie was as bad as a loss for our season then there was no downside to going for it.

The only effect that the tie has over the loss is that we'll draft after all the 7-9 teams when we finish 7-8-1.

Although a tie in that game sucked it simply is not as bad as a loss. If we finish with as many wins as any other wild card team we win with that tie.

It is understandable that most are pessimistic about that possibility and a win certainly would have been preferred but facts are facts.

10-5-1 still beats 10-6
Eyrie
I don't share your confidence that we can finish 5-1 though.

If we'd gone for it and made the first down we may have gone on to win the game and give ourselves a margin for error. We don't have that now, and with trips to the VaGiants, Racially Insensitives and Ravens, together with a visit from the Cowpukes there will be at least two more losses.
Reality Fan
I grant you the probability of 2 losses is high but the certainty of 2 losses is not here yet.

The talent is on this team and if McNabb can get his head removed from his rectum, they could be very good. It really is that simple.If McNabb just plays OK, they should win. They should sit Westbrook tomorrow. get him healthy. It is not likely that the running game will be effective tomorrow(when is it allowed to be) so rest him, play bucky.

I would like to think they are still embarassed by the Giants and that could make that a revenge game. That is the only game that scares me. I am not saying that they should win or even be favored in most games but the Giants are the only ones that really pounded the Eagles physically.

vermeilman
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 22 2008, 07:47 PM) *
I grant you the probability of 2 losses is high but the certainty of 2 losses is not here yet.

The talent is on this team and if McNabb can get his head removed from his rectum, they could be very good. It really is that simple.If McNabb just plays OK, they should win. They should sit Westbrook tomorrow. get him healthy. It is not likely that the running game will be effective tomorrow(when is it allowed to be) so rest him, play bucky.

I would like to think they are still embarassed by the Giants and that could make that a revenge game. That is the only game that scares me. I am not saying that they should win or even be favored in most games but the Giants are the only ones that really pounded the Eagles physically.

I see a team with no depth, aged at vital positions, and no better than average on the lines. A healthy Westbrook and a healthy and motivated Mcnabb make it a slightly above average team in terms of talent----maybe, but no better than that. Those who keep referring to the talent on this team are seriously deluded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.