Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For those who still believe the Eagles "finish strong in Nov. and Dec."
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
-- The Eagles are 14-14-1 in November and December since 2005.

That's not finishing strong. That's going .500 which is what they're doing all season long, for 4 years now.

BLOW IT UP !!!
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 17 2008, 04:22 PM) *
BLOW IT UP !!!

GREAT IDEA ... so I did ... the tits look almost real.

Can't wait to finish with all this nonsensical warm up ritual before I slam it in her though ....
D Rock
She sho is perty...

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 17 2008, 04:22 PM) *
-- The Eagles are 14-14-1 in November and December since 2005.

That's not finishing strong. That's going .500 which is what they're doing all season long, for 4 years now.

BLOW IT UP !!!

I think it's a bit convenient to mention '05 in the analogy as that was a horrible, horrible season. While I'll be the first in line to reference us being mediocre the past several years, '05 was an aberration even for this group.
The Rock
"blow it up" gets my vote
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 18 2008, 02:23 AM) *
'05 was an aberration even for this group.

So was '04.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 18 2008, 12:10 AM) *
So was '04.

well actually.......the 4 years previous to 04 kind of make 04 not a suprise whereas the years leading up to 05 make 05 the aberation especially since they were back in the playoffs in 06.

That being said, I am at a loss to figure out where they are now. This loss has me kind mystified. I can think of many reasons a QB has a horrible game. It happens. Who knows, did he try to compensate for the wind? I don't know but he sucked, I get that. What I can't get is how bad the entire offense played and how AR could keep calling passing plays when the conditions were what they were and his QB was obviously struggling. 58 passes? That and the fact that as a team they just seemed completely unprepared..

it is tough to be optimistic right now

D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 18 2008, 06:43 AM) *
well actually.......the 4 years previous to 04 kind of make 04 not a suprise whereas the years leading up to 05 make 05 the aberation especially since they were back in the playoffs in 06.

I agree with this. But think it also applies to '05 and beyond. Including the 4 years prior to 04 in one data set, opens the door to include '05 in the alternative data set. There is no doubt it's a tale of two "mini eras" (if you will). 2004 and 2005 define both the high points and low points (this year notwithstanding) as well as the line of demarcation.

My angst towards reid, and to a lesser degree McNabb are born totally and completely from the latter period of time (obviously). I remember, will remember and will always appreciate the first half of their run.

It's just over.
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 18 2008, 06:43 AM) *
it is tough to be optimistic right now

About this team? You bet. I have to admit, I've gotten past getting down in the dumps about it. My new found perspective isn't related to the phillies like Jax and Mikey (although I'm pleased as well about that). It's because I arrived here last season and for the first time during this regime, was unable to shake it during the off season. Watching this regime fall into the same mistakes over and over again, and now seeing the team begin to quit . . . I'm resigned, ready and eager.

Maybe it's the whole obama thing. I'm ready for CHANGE.

Yes We Can.... Yes We Can.... Yes We Can.... BLOW IT UP !!!! BLOW IT UP !!!! BLOW IT UP !!!!
jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.