Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What can Lurie be thinking ?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
I sense a widespread malaise about the Eagles franchise. There seems to be a lot of criticism and a lack of enthusiasm for the team coming from almost every direction where feelings can be expressed from the fan base and the observors. Surely Lurie cannot be blind and tone deaf to all of it.

So, I wonder what he is thinking?

There seems like little can be done from a roster perspective to turn things around dramatically either for this year or next. So the immediate future appears to be mostly uncertain. And there is no doubt that recent performance has been on the down side of the cycle curve.

So, what should he do, if anything ?

He can continue to socialize and hob nob and do good social and community work and lay off the team, and his net worth would continue to climb along with the criticisms. Or, he could take a risk and go for a dramatic change which would have to be in the executive group and coaching staff. Or, do something in between. Make some cosmetic changes here and there.

I don't know what he will do. But I think he has to do something. If the ship isn't sinking, it certainly is in need of a dry dock stop and repair check.

My Eagles are hurting. And when that happens, I feel the hurt with them. And it stinks to be frustrated like this.

I'm angry at Andy Reid. I'm angry we haven't got a guy to get short yards for us. I'm angry we haven't got good blocking FB and TE's when we have some stiffs on our roster. I'm angry we look so damned incapable to finish and put teams away, or that we cannot beat the good teams out there when it matters. It stinks, and I'm pissed, and there is nothing I can do except vent. What a fucked up way to be at this time of the year.

vermeilman
He's thinking we'd be 7 and 2 but for bad luck and injuries.

He's thinking the fans really were booing Biden and not him.

He's thinking Reid's right, we lost three games by three feet, so we're real close, just a hair away, nothing more needed than a tweak or two.

He's thinking this financial crisis better let up or his net worth will drop into the millions, which will mean ticket price increases of course.

He's thinking the philly fans are whiners and ingrates who don't appreciate him for not moving the team.

He's thinking he still hates kelly green, the sign man, and bring your own hoagies.
TGryn
Barring a dramatic decline in Andy's health or family situation which prevents him from continuing, nothing's going to change at the top between now and January. Lurie didn't fire Rhodes or meddle at this point in the '98 season, when he was 2-9 and the team had given up, why would he do differently now?

We have to see where the team ends up, and that's seven games away. That'll determine a lot. If they're in the same spot - out of the playoffs, with obvious problems - or worse at that point, Lurie might consider having "a talk" with Reid about what's to be done.
nephillymike
He is thinking that I am really happy I didn't have to spend that last $10M in cap space this year, especially when my other investments went to shit.

He's thinking boy I'm glad we held onto that third round pick in next years draft. Like Andy said, TE is not as important a position for us as QB. CB or DE and as Joe said, we really did exceed our position expense budget for TE's with LJ's franchise deal. Exceeding our TE budget really didn't make any sense. Sure Gonzales recently had over 100 yards but so did Brent Celek!!

He's thinking that 60,000 is a lot of people on the waiting list and that even with some attrition over the years, his product is more insured than a patent baby love drug.

He's thinking I'm so glad Obama won this race

He's thinking how can I defend my "pedal to the medal "statement? Derrick, don't schedule any interviews so maybe they'll forget by next year's state of the team. Joe, round up Eskin, Spadaro and AF and come up with some spin control in case they don't forget.

He's thinking "World Champions. World Fucking Champions" How the HELL did THEY win a championship before us?

He's thinking Mercedes. I think I'll trade in the Beemer and get a Mercedes. They are practically giving them away.

He's thinking boy I'm glad I DIDN'T buy that property in '94 and build a house at Rhawn and Veree in Northeast Phila. These yahoos would have stormed the gates by now with a battle cheer of "Run the Fucking Ball Fat Man!"
TGryn
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 16 2008, 05:52 AM) *
He's thinking boy I'm glad we held onto that third round pick in next years draft. Like Andy said, TE is not as important a position for us as QB. CB or DE and as Joe said, we really did exceed our position expense budget for TE's with LJ's franchise deal. Exceeding our TE budget really didn't make any sense. Sure Gonzales recently had over 100 yards but so did Brent Celek!!

Second round pick, you mean: KC was demanding a 2nd for Gonzalez.

He's thinking I'm so glad Obama won this race

?

He's thinking "World Champions. World Fucking Champions" How the HELL did THEY win a championship before us?

And that the Linc now has the additional taint of having its first championship celebration being for baseball, not football. That's on top of having it's opener being marked by being humiliated by the Bucs 17-0. Well, at least Philly isn't known anymore as a place where player's knees go to get ripped up...I guess that's something.

str8-up
And last be not least....

He is thinking about the money he is saving in not having to hire an employee to dust that trophy case.
D Rock
QUOTE (str8-up @ Nov 16 2008, 05:07 PM) *
And last be not least....

He is thinking about the money he is saving in not having to hire an employee to dust that trophy case.

He's giggling that most of the fan base actually bought that CRAP about dandy andy's neato 3 ring notebook. Who needs a coach when you got THAT?!?!?!?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.