Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Linebackers
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
chrslbrt
I think I found the root of the run defense's issues. A lot have people seem to blame the D-line for being undersized and unable to stop the run, but I think otherwise. When you look back at the Redskins and the Giants games you will see that our linebackers suck in just about every single aspect of play, especially the stretch. When any team runs outside the tackles, the linebackers sit and watch the play before even moving. They miss a lot of tackles, dont really hit anyone, and take the absolute worst angles to the football. They are basically being paid to watch the game. I think we need to get some LBs during the draft. They suck. And I dont care about that hit on Jacobs. They should have took the right angle in the first place so he didnt get that far, and if Asante didnt flip him, it would have just been another chunk of yards.
D Rock
QUOTE (chrslbrt @ Nov 15 2008, 07:30 AM) *
I think I found the root of the run defense's issues. A lot have people seem to blame the D-line for being undersized and unable to stop the run, but I think otherwise. When you look back at the Redskins and the Giants games you will see that our linebackers suck in just about every single aspect of play, especially the stretch. When any team runs outside the tackles, the linebackers sit and watch the play before even moving. They miss a lot of tackles, dont really hit anyone, and take the absolute worst angles to the football. They are basically being paid to watch the game. I think we need to get some LBs during the draft. They suck. And I dont care about that hit on Jacobs. They should have took the right angle in the first place so he didnt get that far, and if Asante didnt flip him, it would have just been another chunk of yards.

Absolutely. I agree 100%. Gocong has regressed. Now, you and I know some dolt will respond that Bradley (who has played VERY well in spots - albeit too few) had 14 tackles. But that dolt would leave out that most of them were 5 or more yards beyond the LOS.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 15 2008, 03:10 AM) *
Absolutely. I agree 100%. Gocong has regressed. Now, you and I know some dolt will respond that Bradley (who has played VERY well in spots - albeit too few) had 14 tackles. But that dolt would leave out that most of them were 5 or more yards beyond the LOS.

Weren't you a Bradley guy? lol And yes, they all looked like shit, including Gaither.

That game was one of their worst of the season and they should be embarrassed.

What suprised me was that Gocong has been pretty decent against the run and he was getting caught in the wave and just pushed out of the way. It hurt to watch all 3 of them on the replay. It gave me Siminaue(or however you spell it) Gardner nightmares.
chrslbrt
Gocong has been OK in some pass coverage but the linebackers cannot run lateral. When another team runs the stretch, they dont fill the cutback lanes or pursue the ballcarrier. They just sit there until the ball crosses the LOS and by then, they already got picked by a blocker.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 15 2008, 10:54 AM) *
Weren't you a Bradley guy? lol And yes, they all looked like shit, including Gaither.

That game was one of their worst of the season and they should be embarrassed.

What suprised me was that Gocong has been pretty decent against the run and he was getting caught in the wave and just pushed out of the way. It hurt to watch all 3 of them on the replay. It gave me Siminaue(or however you spell it) Gardner nightmares.

I still am a Bradley guy. I just think he's out of position. He's young. You're going to get good days and bad. Last week was one of the bad ones. Get Gocong out of Bradley's way at SAM, and let the guy play the position he's played since H.S.

Just another case of dandy andy putting a square peg into a round hole.

D Rock
QUOTE (chrslbrt @ Nov 15 2008, 05:21 PM) *
Gocong has been OK in some pass coverage but the linebackers cannot run lateral. When another team runs the stretch, they dont fill the cutback lanes or pursue the ballcarrier. They just sit there until the ball crosses the LOS and by then, they already got picked by a blocker.

Gocong couldn't cover you with a blanket.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 15 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Gocong couldn't cover you with a blanket.

watch the replay, Bradley was horrible in coverage, horrible...
GQSmooth
There are some plays where the guys are getting blocked before getting lateral. No LB can get lateral of the O-line gets solid blocks on the second level. The tackles have to take up enough space to prevent that. Its not just the LBs that are the problem. The DE's are too easily controlled and should be able to help stretch the play.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 16 2008, 12:12 AM) *
watch the replay, Bradley was horrible in coverage, horrible...

Did I say he was better than horrible?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.