Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luke - please do us a favor
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
JaxEagle
We all know how you feel about Westbrook and there is no need to continue to post your feelings. We don't need you to make anymore of your inflammatory comments. You are not going to get anyone to engage with you so you can have your childish little game with them. It is annoying as shit though.

Thanks for your adult consideration.
eugol55
QUOTE(JaxEagle @ Sep 22 2008, 08:51 AM) *
We all know how you feel about Westbrook and there is no need to continue to post your feelings. We don't need you to make anymore of your inflammatory comments. You are not going to get anyone to engage with you so you can have your childish little game with them. It is annoying as shit though.

Second!
Phits
QUOTE(JaxEagle @ Sep 22 2008, 07:51 AM) *

I'm in the minority here, but I don't mind KAL's postings. They may not be popular among the majority of posters here, but at least they are direct and to the point. His contrary style of writing seems to offend everybody, and that's too bad....you can't have everybody agreeing.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE(Phits @ Sep 22 2008, 09:11 AM) *
you can't have everybody agreeing.

I think what you meant to say was "anybody"
Phits
QUOTE(mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2008, 08:14 AM) *
I think what you meant to say was "anybody"

Nope. I meant everybody. As in the board is more interesting when everybody IS NOT in agreement.
md717

Third!

JaxEagle
QUOTE(Phits @ Sep 22 2008, 09:53 AM) *
Nope. I meant everybody. As in the board is more interesting when everybody IS NOT in agreement.

We are not asking everyone to be in agreement. You obviously don't get the point if you think we only want posts of those in agreement.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE(JaxEagle @ Sep 22 2008, 10:24 AM) *
We are not asking everyone to be in agreement. You obviously don't get the point if you think we only want posts of those in agreement.

Agreed. It's one thing to constantly post ridiculously ignorant stuff, but the inflammatory language he uses is disrespectful and brings the board down.
Bocadelphia Eagles John

Patience.

We write stuff and send it over the internet to this site and all in the land of free speech.

Either we believe in it or we don't. Personally, give me free speech any day of the week.

KAL is as free as anyone to prove what an asshat he is by the stuff he writes. So really, it's not his problem. It's yours. You don't have to read anything he writes or, if you do, you can choose how to react.

His only problem is his willingness to prove his asshatedness to the world at large and Eagles fans in particular. Let the jackass be a jackass. After all, nobody knows him personally here, and for all we know he might be nothing more than an ok chap with a brain tumor.

If our president can be a donut, so can one of our fan base. The oval office doesn't have a monopoly on donutness.

This place would be boring as hell without the occasional dumbass to liven things up a bit.

Phits
QUOTE(JaxEagle @ Sep 22 2008, 09:24 AM) *

So is it the language or the opinions that has so many of you 'up in arms'? Would your opinions be the same if his inflammatory language was directed towards the popular opinion. For example: "That Brian Westbrook is the most important part of our f*cking team" -or- "We are in deep sh*t without the best f*cking player on the Eagles."

I don't don't know, it seems as if it's just much ado about nothing.

It's one thing to constantly post ridiculously ignorant stuff, but the inflammatory language he uses is disrespectful and brings the board down.

There are plenty of posters who use inflammatory language in their posts...not to mention derogatory comments directed towards other posters. I am pretty sure that one of the reasons the architects of this board have enabled the 'ignore' feature.
D Rock
Jax, MD, et al....

You'll find this place much more enjoyable with judicious use of the ignore feature. I've found KAL to be the ideal candidate to ignore.

Pila
QUOTE(JaxEagle @ Sep 22 2008, 01:51 PM) *

I think this place needs character. He adds to that. He's certainly more entertaining to read than MD. And we let him post, even though he has no opinion on the team other than his homophobic bootlicking manifesto in the political forum.
Phits
QUOTE(Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Sep 22 2008, 10:02 AM) *
Patience.

We write stuff and send it over the internet to this site and all in the land of free speech.

Either we believe in it or we don't. Personally, give me free speech any day of the week.

KAL is as free as anyone to prove what an asshat he is by the stuff he writes. So really, it's not his problem. It's yours. You don't have to read anything he writes or, if you do, you can choose how to react.

His only problem is his willingness to prove his asshatedness to the world at large and Eagles fans in particular. Let the jackass be a jackass. After all, nobody knows him personally here, and for all we know he might be nothing more than an ok chap with a brain tumor.

If our president can be a donut, so can one of our fan base. The oval office doesn't have a monopoly on donutness.

This place would be boring as hell without the occasional dumbass to liven things up a bit.

Seconded.
BgBry44
I used to hate and ignore his posts as much as anyone else.

Anymore, I end up reading them just to see what kind of garbage he'll come up with next. The language needs to go, but the idiocy displayed in his posts is entertaining.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE(Pila @ Sep 22 2008, 11:25 AM) *
I think this place needs character. He adds to that. He's certainly more entertaining to read than MD. And we let him post, even though he has no opinion on the team other than his homophobic bootlicking manifesto in the political forum.

I guess that's the difference. While it's always despicable, I can tolerate homophobia in G&G. It has no place out here.
eagleaddict
KAL haters: put him on ignore. Talking about him only gives him a hard-on.
KAL fluffers: enjoy his garbage
Admins: Please move this to other topics.
JaxEagle
QUOTE(Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Sep 22 2008, 11:02 AM) *
Patience.

Point taken, although the "broken record" repitition of the comments is annoying. He says the same few things over and over and over again.

Regarding our president being a donut, I think you meant to say that if we elect a certain donut...
Pila
QUOTE(mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2008, 05:11 PM) *
I guess that's the difference. While it's always despicable, I can tolerate homophobia in G&G. It has no place out here.

At least Koolaidluke contributes to this forum. So he's a little corky. It's precisely that corkiness that adds value to the board. Hell, even MD adds some value by occasionally posting here if only to challenge another poster to wagers. We all add something, we just gotta be a little better at fortifying our constitutions to men levels. This whining is almost as embarrassing as MD's breath.
Zero

Eyrie
Zero - two questions.

1 - How long did it take you to decorate her like that? ohmy.gif

2 - How the hell did you talk her into it? biggrin.gif
JaxEagle
QUOTE(Pila @ Sep 22 2008, 01:18 PM) *
At least Koolaidluke contributes to this forum. So he's a little corky. It's precisely that corkiness that adds value to the board. Hell, even MD adds some value by occasionally posting here if only to challenge another poster to wagers. We all add something, we just gotta be a little better at fortifying our constitutions to men levels. This whining is almost as embarrassing as MD's breath.

Exactly who is whining? If your kid said "Daddy, buy me that toy" 1,000 times - wouldn't that getting annoying as shit to you? Wouldn't you just want to say "Shut the fuck up."

All I am saying is please stop repeating the same crap - we all clearly understand both of the highly complex thoughts that you have posted on this board.

Nobody's whining here. Nobody's saying that everyone should have the same opinion. Nobody is taking away Boca's constitutional right to free speech..... those things are what is embarrassing...
Pila
QUOTE(JaxEagle @ Sep 22 2008, 09:02 PM) *
Exactly who is whining? If your kid said "Daddy, buy me that toy" 1,000 times - wouldn't that getting annoying as shit to you? Wouldn't you just want to say "Shut the fuck up."

All I am saying is please stop repeating the same crap - we all clearly understand both of the highly complex thoughts that you have posted on this board.

Nobody's whining here. Nobody's saying that everyone should have the same opinion. Nobody is taking away Boca's constitutional right to free speech..... those things are what is embarrassing...
Asking him to stop being corky doesn't sound like an effort in futility to you? His outlandish perpetual hyperbole is who he is. Clearly, if you find him to be that annoying you can easily remedy that as some posters here have pointed out.
JaxEagle
QUOTE(Pila @ Sep 22 2008, 04:23 PM) *
Asking him to stop being corky doesn't sound like an effort in futility to you? His outlandish perpetual hyperbole is who he is. Clearly, if you find him to be that annoying you can easily remedy that as some posters here have pointed out.

I wasn't asking anyone to stop being corky. Not even to stop being quirky. I was asking to stop posting the same broken record time after time after time.

As far as your second comment above, it's a fair point, I hadn't really thought of it that way. Nonetheless, it is still annoying.

To your third comment, about the ignore feature, I do have him on my ignore list but I admit that I once in while view the post anyway - my own fault - though I wish it weren't so easy to just hit that "view post anyway" button...
eagleaddict
QUOTE(JaxEagle @ Sep 22 2008, 05:27 PM) *
To your third comment, about the ignore feature, I do have him on my ignore list but I admit that I once in while view the post anyway - my own fault - though I wish it weren't so easy to just hit that "view post anyway" button...

I got these cheeseburgers, maaaannnn!
koolaidluke
Damn, so apparently there are not only Koolaidluke haters but fluffers as well. My sense of self importance has swelled.

First of all, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize about my cavalier remark about the hurricane and the Houston area. I thought that the reason it was brought up was because the game was supposed to be played there (I knew that the Cowboys didn't play in Dallas so I figured that maybe they played in Houston). I certainly didn't know that Dreagon or any other board members were from there and I didn't know how serious the hurricane was supposed to be. I'm not saying that I really care about what happens to people in a region of the country that I'll never visit but it was dumb of me to make a post saying as much. I'm sorry and it won't happen again.

Second, to my critics, you are all douchebags. You have school girl crushes on Westbrook that are both hilarious and pathetic. Trying to make me out as some kind of bad guy really is the ultimate joke. Here is how things usually work around here:
1. unpopular poster (your's truly, vermielman, buddysballs, etc) makes a football related inflammatory statement that goes against the concensus belief system
2. rest of the board gangs up on them with girlish personal attacks

And you know what? I'm okay with that. I'm all for personally attacking people who say offensive shit (ex: "We can't win the division without Westbrook", "Westbrook is the best players on the team"). The only I don't do it more often here is because of lack of energy. But attacking me and then bitching about my rhetoric just shows what a bunch of girly men you all really are.

The truth is, your hero isn't that important. He was outplayed by Correll Buckhalter yesterday. You don't see that because most of you are Westbrook fans first and Eagles fans second. You literally are in love with Brian Westbrook. I'm going to continue to speak the truth about Westbrook every chance I get and you guys will continue to threaten to ignore me but you won't be able to. Why? Because your fanatical religion of Westbrookism does not allow you to tolerate dissent. It really is hilarious.

In conclusion, please kill yourselves.
vermeilman
Brian is a very good back and an underrated back. He is not an all time great because of his fragile health and less than world class performance between the tackles, but he is a special player and the best I've ever seen in space. His ability to cruise, survey the field and then bust a move is something to behold. And don't sleep on his blocking ability, fantastic. I think I still favor Wilbert because he was superior between the tackles---all he needed was a crack and Wilbert was gone, and like Westbrook Montgomery was a great receiver. But Brian is a pleasure to watch.

As for the Luke censure crap, stop. Grown ups don't object to the written word or hide behind ignore features.
koolaidluke
QUOTE(vermeilman @ Sep 23 2008, 12:14 AM) *
As for the Luke censure crap, stop. Grown ups don't object to the written word or hide behind ignore features.

Nobody here is going to be putting me on ignore. They are a bunch of women who constantly need to have the last word, so they will be monitoring everything I say for any criticisms of their precious idol.

Besides, this board's ignore feature sucks. I wish it worked so I wouldn't have to keep seeing Douche Rock's posts, but you can't always get what you want I suppose.
Phits
QUOTE(vermeilman @ Sep 22 2008, 11:14 PM) *
...the best I've ever seen in space. His ability to cruise, survey the field and then bust a move is something to behold.

Were you talking about Westbrook or Barry Sanders?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE(Phits @ Sep 23 2008, 10:24 AM) *

Barry Sanders obviously had more moves than imaginable, but I've been saying since the first time I saw Westy take a handoff...that guy gets to top speed quicker than any player I've ever seen. Combined with his elusiveness, I can't argue with that statement.
vermeilman
QUOTE(Phits @ Sep 23 2008, 09:24 AM) *

Sanders and Gayle Sayers were the most elusive I ever saw, both able to stop on a dime, change direction, do it again, and then hit max speed in an instant. Because catching the ball out of the backfield was not a huge part of Sanders game I would not say he was comparable to Westbrook in this one area, though you could certainly make a case that Sayers was. Sayers was the most gifted back I ever saw, and Sweetness the overall best.
furiousxgeorge
I don't mind the silly westbrook hate or the repetition, but personal attacks get old. Now and again everyone goes there but volume of personal attacks from Luke is getting over the top.
Phits
QUOTE(vermeilman @ Sep 23 2008, 11:33 AM) *
Sweetness the overall best.

Agreed.
BallHawkDawk
you're a fucking idiot Luke. All last year you had that stupid ass signature about hating McNabb before it became cool to hate McNabb. It was never cool dumbass. The guy is hands down the greatest QB, and in my humble opinion, the greatest offensive player, the Eagles have had in the modern era. We as fans have been blessed with this unprecedented winning environment built around this team for the past decade thanks in large part to #5. But you spent all last year killing the guy while he was trying to come back early from a torn ACL. Now he looks back to his Pro-Bowl form, and we get hit with these gems from you:

"10. The media continues to relentlessly prop up the myth that Eagles fans hate McNabb. Uh... no. There was a vocal subset of the notoriously moronic Philadelphia press that wanted Ricky (and for his part, McNabb has never really seemed to get over this) but most Eagles fans were open minded and happy to about the McNabb pick. By the middle of McNabb's second season, however, McNabb became maybe the most fanatically and irrationally worshipped player in Philadelphia sports history. The fans have continued to worship him beyond reason without interruption for the past 8 years. Anyone who has dared criticize McNabb has been carted off to the gulag for re-education.

The fans have been supportive of McNabb this preseason and were supportive of him today. They cheered when Kolb came on because they were anxious to see him play, not because they want him to replace McNabb as starter. All Eagles fans are 100 percent behind Donovan McNabb right now."

That last line kills me. You are 100% behing McNabb right now. Awesome. Glad to have you finally supporting the franchise QB. Welcome to the party, pal. But being that it's impossible for you to just sit back and enjoy what could be a great season in philly, you do what you do best and just find some other all-pro on the team to hate. now it's westbrook. really? now brian freaking westbrook is overrated? nice. in the past two years all he's done is average 1275 yards rushing at almost 5 yards a carry, 84 receptions and 735 yards thru the air for double digit scores. wow. what a bum. Now you think it's cool to say "McNabbites and anti-McNabbites allied against the evils of Westbrookism". hilarious douchebag. in all honesty it seems that you really don't like the eagles at all. why, of all the teams in this league, do you root for one of the most tortured, SB-winless franchises? i don't get you bro. westbrook and mcnabb may have not gotten the eagles that lombardi trophy yet, but every single year they are on the field they give us a shot. now after growing up in the 80's where a wild card loss was considered a good year, and then going thru the 90's and seeing the brothers detmer, bobby hoying, and the like behind center for the birds, i'll take mcnabb and westbrook any day of the week.
koolaidluke
like most people here you have trouble with reading comprehension, basic vocab skills and ability to think logically, particularly when it comes to one of your heroes.

McNabb was maybe the 21st or 22nd "best" QB in the league last year. On some weeks he was even worse. He was horrifically bad and single handedly ruined last season. His all world play now doesn't change the fact that he sucked balls in 2007.

Westbrook is totally different. I've never had a problem with Westbrook and have often proclaimed him the leagues best back (although I'm beginning to reconsider now). Unlike McNabb, he was never a 3 and out machine who ruined entire seasons for the franchise. He has done a lot to help us win many games over the years. The problem is with his idiot fans; fans like you.

I've got to say though, I'm really enjoying myself. You guys just can't let it go. It really is a form of psychosis with you homos. Somebody calls doubt on Mr. 3.8ypc's actual importance to the team and you completely go off the deep end.

Let me tell you how it's gonna be, son. All 2008 I am going to be here every god damned day calling out Westbrook fans on their ignorance. You guys are going to scream like girls and talk amongst yourselves about how instead of ignoring me you will start super duper ignoring me! Then I'll learn!

all season long, buddy. All season long. And the year after that, and the year after that.
Eyrie
Sanders also got caught in the backfield far more often than Westbrook. As an Eagles fan I loved watching him play, but not to the extent of wanting him on our team.
BallHawkDawk
So now the best back east of san diego is now to be known as "Mr. 3.8 ypc"? awesome. by the way dummy it's only two games into the season, and he's got a 4.7 ypc average for his career.

"Somebody calls doubt on Mr. 3.8ypc's actual importance to the team and you completely go off the deep end."

You want to know about his "actual importance to the team", here's a little taste that i'll quote directly from igglesblog.

"On the Eagles' first two drives, they managed 129 yards of offense and looked like they could move at will. From that point on, Philadelphia managed only 131 more yards. Westbrook went out in the middle of the second drive, but once Pittsburgh realized he was done, things changed rapidly for this Eagles' offense."

you can spin that all you want luke, but the truth is westbrook is the most important player on our team. tho i feel with mcnabb's improved health (fingers crossed) and the addition of desean jackson we won't be as one dimensional without westbrook if we lost him for some extended period of games. hate on him all you want but that dude is one of the top 3 playmakers in the league right now, and he has been for a few years now.

and i can't speak for the rest of the posters here, but i have no plans on ignoring you this season, and definitely not super-duper ignoring you. i've always actively sought out your posts, read them, laughed my ass off then commenced in showing the rest of the forum what a fucking dunce you are. so please luke, post on brother. the season's just getting started buddy.
vermeilman
Jaws' career accomplishments and McNabb's are actually quite similar. Both were Pro Bowlers, both quarterbacked the team for prolonged periods that witnessed a basement to playoff team transition, both had one Super Bowl appearance where they showed up small due to stress induced anxiety issues. Neither was an MVP though Jaws did win a UPI NFC Player of the Year award. I'm not saying Jaws was better or had a better career, so the McNabb fluffers can stand down, but when you objectively analyze career accomplishments with an emphasis on winning it all and showing up big in the big games---there really isn't that much difference.
Phits
QUOTE(BallHawkDawk @ Sep 23 2008, 02:57 PM) *
"On the Eagles' first two drives, they managed 129 yards of offense and looked like they could move at will. From that point on, Philadelphia managed only 131 more yards. Westbrook went out in the middle of the second drive, but once Pittsburgh realized he was done, things changed rapidly for this Eagles' offense."

The team came together like Voltron and won the game in an old fashion defensive battle of wills...something that has been missing for some time.

you can spin that all you want luke, but the truth is westbrook is the most important player on our team.

Westy's best statistical season finished with an 8-8 record and last place in the division. That may suggest that he might not be the most important player on the team.
Phits
QUOTE(vermeilman @ Sep 23 2008, 03:03 PM) *
Jaws' career accomplishments and McNabb's are actually quite similar. Both were Pro Bowlers, both quarterbacked the team for prolonged periods that witnessed a basement to playoff team transition, both had one Super Bowl appearance where they showed up small due to stress induced anxiety issues. Neither was an MVP though Jaws did win a UPI NFC Player of the Year award. I'm not saying Jaws was better or had a better career, so the McNabb fluffers can stand down, but when you objectively analyze career accomplishments with an emphasis on winning it all and showing up big in the big games---there really isn't that much difference.

Except Nabby helped the Iggles go to 4 straight NFC Conf. championship games, a feat that only a select few QB's have ever accomplished. You may not put a lot of stock in 4 straight conf. championships, but it is something to be proud of.
BallHawkDawk
QUOTE(Phits @ Sep 23 2008, 04:31 PM) *
The team came together like Voltron and won the game in an old fashion defensive battle of wills...something that has been missing for some time.
Westy's best statistical season finished with an 8-8 record and last place in the division. That may suggest that he might not be the most important player on the team.

i agree that the defense won that pitt game for us. brought it back to the buddy ryan days. as far as the team only going 8-8 last year with westbrook's best statistical season, think of how bad they would have been without that. also, the team had a whole boatload of issues to deal with then. mcnabb slowly getting healthy, the issues in the secondary, blah blah blah. my point is that westbrook is the most important piece, along with good ol' #5, of us getting to the superbowl. personally, i love almost every starter on this years team. with only a couple of exceptions this group of players is one goddamned talented bunch. i'll take our chances with this crew against any other team in the league.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE(Phits @ Sep 23 2008, 04:31 PM) *

Totally agree with this. The QB is always the most important player on a team. Westy is the most talented.
BallHawkDawk
QUOTE(mcnabbulous @ Sep 23 2008, 04:44 PM) *
Totally agree with this. The QB is always the most important player on a team. Westy is the most talented.

fair enough. i got too caught up with my hatred for luke. mcnabb is the most important cog and westy is the most talented. i'm with that.
vermeilman
QUOTE(Phits @ Sep 23 2008, 03:34 PM) *
Except Nabby helped the Iggles go to 4 straight NFC Conf. championship games, a feat that only a select few QB's have ever accomplished. You may not put a lot of stock in 4 straight conf. championships, but it is something to be proud of.

But what does that mean really? He made the playoffs. Ok, Jaws made the playoffs. If McNabb hadn't showed up small in three of four NFC Championship games the getting there may mean more to me, as it is he basically is a very good qb who couldn't get it done in the end, so was Jaws.

Not a huge difference in my mind.
Phits
QUOTE(vermeilman @ Sep 23 2008, 05:42 PM) *
But what does that mean really? He made the playoffs.

No, it means he made it to the Conference Championship game 4 consecutive years...big difference between 'making the playoffs' and getting to the conference championship don't you think? It's considered an accomplishment. Granted he didn't do it by himself, but 2 of the 3 conf. losses came against [one of] the greatest offenses and [one of] greatest defenses of all time.

The SB loss to the Patsy's should have an asterisk beside it because of BeliCHEAT's transgressions.
Reality Fan
QUOTE(vermeilman @ Sep 23 2008, 04:03 PM) *

This may sound like a "McNabb Fluffer" but I suggest you review their careers before making that comparison. You are not a big fan of McNabb due to his accuracy but McNabb has a career regular season completion % over 4 points higher than Jaws. More TDs in considerably less games(20) and about 70 less picks thrown. There really is not much of a comparison unless you are a Jaws fluffer.

It gets worse in the playoffs from an accuracy standpoint w/ Jaws not even making the 50% mark.

So yes, there really is a big difference.
JaxEagle
QUOTE(Reality Fan @ Sep 23 2008, 09:44 PM) *
This may sound like a "McNabb Fluffer" but I suggest you review their careers before making that comparison. You are not a big fan of McNabb due to his accuracy but McNabb has a career regular season completion % over 4 points higher than Jaws. More TDs in considerably less games(20) and about 70 less picks thrown. There really is not much of a comparison unless you are a Jaws fluffer.

It gets worse in the playoffs from an accuracy standpoint w/ Jaws not even making the 50% mark.

So yes, there really is a big difference.

I have always maintained that I am not a "stat" guy. I judge with my eye. With that perspective, it is still not even close. I give Jaws his due, he was a great QB, but Donnie is easily our best.
vermeilman
QUOTE(JaxEagle @ Sep 23 2008, 08:51 PM) *
I have always maintained that I am not a "stat" guy. I judge with my eye. With that perspective, it is still not even close. I give Jaws his due, he was a great QB, but Donnie is easily our best.

Agreed, certainly of the modern era, but my point is in the end there really isn't much difference between the two in terms of what they accomplished as Eagles. They were both very good qbs who were not the best of their generation, both led the team from the pits to the playoffs, both had a problem producing under duress. The statistical analysis stuff is nonsensical because it fails to account for differences in offenses and eras. And frankly you can add Randall into the mix, another very good Eagle qb who led the team into the playoffs. Like Jaws and McNabb he got to the playoffs and ultimately failed, but I think you can make the case Cunningham was calmer under pressure than the other two and certainly the better athlete.

Yes McNabb is our current good qb and therefore receives disproportionate adulation, but we've had a few over the years and in the end there is not much that separates them, really.
Reality Fan
QUOTE(vermeilman @ Sep 23 2008, 10:36 PM) *
Agreed, certainly of the modern era, but my point is in the end there really isn't much difference between the two in terms of what they accomplished as Eagles. They were both very good qbs who were not the best of their generation, both led the team from the pits to the playoffs, both had a problem producing under duress. The statistical analysis stuff is nonsensical because it fails to account for differences in offenses and eras. And frankly you can add Randall into the mix, another very good Eagle qb who led the team into the playoffs. Like Jaws and McNabb he got to the playoffs and ultimately failed, but I think you can make the case Cunningham was calmer under pressure than the other two and certainly the better athlete.

Yes McNabb is our current good qb and therefore receives disproportionate adulation, but we've had a few over the years and in the end there is not much that separates them, really.

The difference in the offenses and eras accounts for Jaws being more inaccurate and throwing more INTs? It is not nonsense. McNabb has thrown about the same # of attempts in less games but has more TDs(1) and half the picks. I did not even address the gross disparity in their rushing contributions.

Spin it how you like but this is not twisting stats, this is a clear representation of both QBs abilities. I loved watching 12, and I hated to see him go but Jaws was rather pedestrian. I will leave that at that.

There really is no comparison to 5 and the polish rifle.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE(Reality Fan @ Sep 23 2008, 10:54 PM) *
The difference in the offenses and eras accounts for Jaws being more inaccurate and throwing more INTs? It is not nonsense. McNabb has thrown about the same # of attempts in less games but has more TDs(1) and half the picks. I did not even address the gross disparity in their rushing contributions.

Spin it how you like but this is not twisting stats, this is a clear representation of both QBs abilities. I loved watching 12, and I hated to see him go but Jaws was rather pedestrian. I will leave that at that.

There really is no comparison to 5 and the polish rifle.

While I think that McNabb is the best Eagles QB ever, hasn't the WCO significantly contributed to the evolution of passing statistics in the NFL. I don't think it's even remotely relavent to compare their stats.

Mike and Mike were were discussing the # of 300 yard passing games by some of the all-time greats and the numbers were shocking. I can't remember specifics but one example was Bradshaw with about 6 all-time. Romo, in 2 years, had already doubled what Staubach did in his entire career.

It was a different era, so the TDs, INT's, yards, and other stats are pretty meaningless.
Reality Fan
QUOTE(mcnabbulous @ Sep 23 2008, 11:43 PM) *
While I think that McNabb is the best Eagles QB ever, hasn't the WCO significantly contributed to the evolution of passing statistics in the NFL. I don't think it's even remotely relavent to compare their stats.

Mike and Mike were were discussing the # of 300 yard passing games by some of the all-time greats and the numbers were shocking. I can't remember specifics but one example was Bradshaw with about 6 all-time. Romo, in 2 years, had already doubled what Staubach did in his entire career.

It was a different era, so the TDs, INT's, yards, and other stats are pretty meaningless.

That is your opinion and you are welcome to it but it does not answer the question of accuracy and the # of ints thrown. The yardage issue I can understand your point but using your logic the # of INTs should be lower and the ints are what they are. If anything, the INTs should be higher in the new era with its propensity to throw more. To say that accuracy or INTs are meaningless is simply inaccurate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.