Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestions
Eagles Forum > Forum Administration > Technical Help and Forum Suggestions
Sandor
I mentioned this in another thread, and I'll mention again. Too much black. dry.gif
Use some brighter shades of green....please.
The colors and the triangles make me feel like I'm on a Klingon Bird of Prey

Instead of the triangles on the left side of the board (to note the various topics), how about bells instead?

Anyway we can incorperate green/white/grey to signal topic statis (new, hot, nothing)

What is sub-new posts (on the post marker legend at the bottom of the main page)

Speaking of the Post Marker legend, those need a little more variety than what is shown (if you want me to elaborate further, give me an hour)

Can the Birthday announcement be deep 6 as well?

That ends the critique (for now tongue.gif )
Sandor
More critiques
Why the email insert button?
What does Code allow us to do?
Someone will have to explain to us luddites how to use the img button (same as the other board right?)

Can you increase the avatar size for viewing (otherwise shitcan it)?

What is Guided mode vs Normal mode (look at the upper left when you go to type)?
wizardsandwars
Good questions all.

For the shade of green, I'm ok with going slightly lighter on the background, but the green such as in your first post here doens't even remotly come close to the official colors of the eagles. As for the black, there is almost none, but there are a few dark grays.

I don't really care for the triangles either.
I also don't like the color scheme to designate the *new* posts as opposed to the ols ones. We'll fix that.

The email button allow you to email the person that posted, iwthout seeing the personas actual email address.

The image button works the same as the board on wizardsandwars. It allows you to post an image. Just click the image button, paste your url, and click the image button again. Or you can just use html. I don't think that just posting the url works here.

Yes, I can increase the avatar size.

Not sure about guided mode.
Sandor
Didn't you or Eyrie mention that we could upload images from our computers to here?
wizardsandwars
Yes, there is an option.

If it's needed, i'll see if I can find the setting that does that again.
Eyrie
Couple of thoughts on that.

If we're going to change the triangles why not use the Eagles head from the wallpaper? Greyed out if no new posts and full colour if there are (another board I post on does this). May be a copyright problem.

Simply posting the url of an image doesn't work. I get round this this by typing in the required instruction, which is

[-IMG-]-www-.-piccy-.-com-[-/-IMG-]

But obviously without the - signs.
Zero
QUOTE (Sandor @ May 8 2004, 02:25 AM)
I mentioned this in another thread, and I'll mention again. Too much black. dry.gif
Use some brighter shades of green....please.
The colors and the triangles make me feel like I'm on a Klingon Bird of Prey

Instead of the triangles on the left side of the board (to note the various topics), how about bells instead?

Anyway we can incorperate green/white/grey to signal topic statis (new, hot, nothing)

What is sub-new posts (on the post marker legend at the bottom of the main page)

Speaking of the Post Marker legend, those need a little more variety than what is shown (if you want me to elaborate further, give me an hour)

Can the Birthday announcement be deep 6 as well?

That ends the critique (for now  tongue.gif )

Dang son, you sure as peaches are a-bein' one picky lil ole tadpole, now ain't ya. You keep buzzin' round like a skeeter in a swamp an some one's bound to give ya a swat or two. tongue.gif

I like the green. If it were possible to lighten the eagle image that may resolve your concern and maintain the true Midnight Green effect.

As to those icons (triangles on the left), it may be retro cool if they were to be the old Eagle logo, but that may also me the same copyright infringement. Another idea would be to take an Eagle jersey, reduce the size and use that. Or, better, an Eagle's helmet?

You got something against birthdays? We'll give you an hour to get one. biggrin.gif
Wingspan
you people need new monitors...it's plenty bright for me. (flat screen) biggrin.gif
wizardsandwars
Yeah, the green is very bright on my screen(s) too, but some older monitors have trouble displaying this shade of green, and some shades of grey. To them, the background and header probably look almost black.
Wingspan
however...the "new post" indicators could be a tad lighter, it's tough to see the difference.

i like the board software...i never really liked the one from the old place, if the post got too long everything got squished to the right. this place seems much much faster loading too.

great job overall.

and as you can tell i already discovered the stock avatars wink.gif
wizardsandwars
Yeah, the icons to the left of the forums and posts are my biggest concern irght now.

I'd like for it to be much much easier to see what posts are new, and I don't really like the triangles. We're supposed to give the designer a laundry list of things to do on Monday.
Sandor
QUOTE (Wingspan @ May 8 2004, 01:42 PM)
you people need new monitors...it's plenty bright for me. (flat screen) biggrin.gif

My excuse is I'm using a laptop (Compaq Presario 700, circa 2002).
The brightness changes with the angle I'm looking at the screen.

Maybe it was the darkness of my room last night, it look a little better...
But I still stand by my Klingon Bird-of-Prey smak from last night. cool.gif
Sandor
Dang son, you sure as peaches are a-bein' one picky lil ole tadpole, now ain't ya.  You keep buzzin' round like a skeeter in a swamp an some one's bound to give ya a swat or two.  tongue.gif

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, pops. cool.gif
Better be careful or I'll come out and steel the heart of one of your daughters while I'm at it as well. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

You got something against birthdays?  We'll give you an hour to get one.  biggrin.gif

If the majority here want to go with the Tim Kelly approach to birthdays here, so be it. smile.gif
wizardsandwars
Sandor, can you elaborate what you mean about the Birthdays?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.