Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We're up and running.
Eagles Forum > Forum Administration > Technical Help and Forum Suggestions
wizardsandwars
Let me know if there is anythign not working.
AustinFan
Well, we need cooler smilies for one thing. Like some of that queer shit that Eyrie comes up with.

Looks a lot better in Eagle green, that's for sure.

Got to take it out for a spin the next couple days, then I'll bitch at you (lilke you deserve that sort of shit after all your hard work) 'cause I'm an Eagles fan, and it's my constitutional right (or at least my inclination) to bitch no matter what! laugh.gif
wizardsandwars
Yeah, new, cooler smilies are already in the works.

Also, I'd liek to make the icons next to the posts and forums a little easier to tell when there are 'new' posts.

Not sure about the background yet. The eagle head may be repeated a little much.

Other than that, so far, I'm quite pleased with how it cma out.
philfan
LEAVE THE NINJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ph34r.gif
Sandor
QUOTE (wizardsandwars @ May 8 2004, 01:34 AM)
Yeah, new, cooler smilies are already in the works.

Also, I'd liek to make the icons next to the posts and forums a little easier to tell when there are 'new' posts.

Not sure about the background yet. The eagle head may be repeated a little much.

Other than that, so far, I'm quite pleased with how it cma out.

The Eaglehead(s) can stay, but the background is too dark for my taste.
Reminds me of the Quartermaster board from way back when (before Ken steped up to the plate and Igglephan lore).

I'll address other items in a seperate post
wizardsandwars
We'll se if we can tweek it a bit.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (wizardsandwars @ May 7 2004, 08:21 PM)
Let me know if there is anythign not working.

Awesome man, totally awesome! Major props to your skill and effort.
nephillymike
xsv,

Great job! Thanks for all the hard work.

I propose that we allow all kinds of posts on the main forum and then "move" to the subsidiary forum if any get too heated for the main forum. This way, you'd have one stop shopping where people can get a taste of everything no matter what the topic and if a post gets too out of hand for the purpose of a football board, the combatants can "take it outside" to the other forum. With the set up we have now, the volume appears a lot less than it is because you have to go a few different places to find it. I find myself missing posts in other forums because I'm too lazy to look in all four places.

What do ya think?

PS. Can we get a smiley of a guy wearing a skirt with a confused look on his face?? I can see the need for one. smile.gif
wizardsandwars
nephilly, I'd prefer to leave it how it is, becase this way it offers both.

To see all of the posts together, you can just click on 'View New Posts in the upper right hand corner.
nephillymike
Ah hah.

Didn't know that was an option. That'll work. Thanks!

Maybe we need a "New Message Board For Dummies" cheat sheet that highlights the differences between this and the old format and highlights any other bells and whistles that enhance the visit. That way, other dummies like I can use these features from the get go which will prolly increase traffic and discussion.
wizardsandwars
Well, to be honest, this is my first time using this software as well, so I'm still getting used to all of the features mysef.

When I get it figured out, I'll be sure to tell you guys, wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.