Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WhY sO sERiOUs!?!?!?
Eagles Forum > Off Topic Forums > Pissing in the Wind
whysoserious
[Haha, nice try]
eagleaddict
Honestly, I just don't get it. I've only been around the board for a short while, but these guys have serious penis envy problems.
JaxEagle
That is hilarious. Those TOB fags are so gay that they can't let go. Talk about some serious man crushes. They really wannabe us...
koolaidluke
QUOTE(JaxEagle @ Jul 17 2008, 12:10 PM) *
That is hilarious. Those TOB fags are so gay that they can't let go. Talk about some serious man crushes. They really wannabe us...

TOB has set a whole new standard of gay. I check it out once in a blue moon in the desperate hope that there will be something about football on it but all there ever is is a bunch of shots at us, junior high non-humor and member infighting. It gets worse every time a read it because of the way members are constantly pushed out and the place just turns more and more in to an IE, OB and IG echo chamber.

I never posted there but I was a devout lurker for years. I stopped reading it one season and when I came back the split had already happened and the posting quality was night and day. The board now totally sucked.

I think IE knows that the board has devolved into a support group for middle aged guys who didn't get to sit with the popular kids in highschool so he tries to occasionally get things back on track with a football post, but it does no good. I feel sorry for him cause the board is obviously his pride and joy and it must suck to have worked so hard on something for so long only to see it go to shit.

It's weird that they kept up the vendetta even now that AF is gone. I wish AF would come back, that way I could stop reading the official message board, that place is awful.

p.s.: I don't get the picture

Dreagon
Okay, somebody is going to have to fill me in on this one. huh.gif
Mase
QUOTE(Dreagon @ Jul 17 2008, 07:59 PM) *
Okay, somebody is going to have to fill me in on this one. huh.gif

Me too...
xsv
QUOTE(Mase @ Jul 17 2008, 02:10 PM) *
Me too...

Don't worry, you're not missing anything.
Eyrie
Ditto. It's stuff that happened over four years ago and I'm surprised that it is still regarded as relevant to the point of obsession today.

A few months after the split I was over for our tailgate and made a brief visit to theirs where not one of them said anything to my face biggrin.gif Then I returned to the friends that were the reason for my trip.
HobbEs
A few months after the split I was over for our tailgate and made a brief visit to theirs where not one of them said anything to my face Then I returned to the friends that were the reason for my trip.

Not to mention a close encounter with a tent...
Eyrie
QUOTE(HobbEs @ Jul 17 2008, 09:46 PM) *
Not to mention a close encounter with a tent...

Now there's a story worth re-telling. Unfortunately I didn't have the best of views, being inside it at the time laugh.gif
JaxEagle
QUOTE(koolaidluke @ Jul 17 2008, 01:48 PM) *
TOB has set a whole new standard of gay. I check it out once in a blue moon in the desperate hope that there will be something about football on it but all there ever is is a bunch of shots at us, junior high non-humor and member infighting. It gets worse every time a read it because of the way members are constantly pushed out and the place just turns more and more in to an IE, OB and IG echo chamber.

I think IE knows that the board has devolved into a support group for middle aged guys who didn't get to sit with the popular kids in highschool so he tries to occasionally get things back on track with a football post, but it does no good. I feel sorry for him cause the board is obviously his pride and joy and it must suck to have worked so hard on something for so long only to see it go to shit.

Funny stuff... support group for fat middle aged guys... what a bunch of fags... if I see them at the tailgate I'll be sure to tell them to their face... or their gut that is hanging below their shirt tales...
D Rock
QUOTE(Eyrie @ Jul 17 2008, 07:11 PM) *
Ditto. It's stuff that happened over four years ago and I'm surprised that it is still regarded as relevant to the point of obsession today.

has it been 4 years already? Wow.

Keep in mind the opposite of love is indifference. Hate and Love are born of the same thing.....caring.
md717
QUOTE(koolaidluke @ Jul 17 2008, 01:48 PM) *
I feel sorry for him

Don't waste any sympathy on IE. He made his bed and he's lying in it. He had plenty of chances to do the right thing. Ce La Vis.
md717
QUOTE(Eyrie @ Jul 17 2008, 03:11 PM) *

A few months after the split I was over for our tailgate and made a brief visit to theirs where not one of them said anything to my face biggrin.gif Then I returned to the friends that were the reason for my trip.

There's the biggest single indictment of those aholes that there ever could be. As big of a dope as you can be on political, scientific, and ecological matters -- it would be a cold day in hell before I would fail to take advantage of an opportunity to enjoy your fine company.

If you're coming across the pond for a tailgate the first weekend in October, I'll risk the wrath of my wife by blowing off our anniversary to be there.
JaxEagle
QUOTE(md717 @ Jul 17 2008, 10:40 PM) *
There's the biggest single indictment of those aholes that there ever could be. As big of a dope as you can be on political, scientific, and ecological matters -- it would be a cold day in hell before I would fail to take advantage of an opportunity to enjoy your fine company.

If you're coming across the pond for a tailgate the first weekend in October, I'll risk the wrath of my wife by blowing off our anniversary to be there.

What???? MD is hedging on the tailgate too?

Hey X, I guess we'll just need a pair of tickets...
D Rock
QUOTE(md717 @ Jul 18 2008, 02:40 AM) *
I'll risk the wrath of my wife by blowing...

-nice-
Eyrie
QUOTE(D Rock @ Jul 18 2008, 03:16 AM) *
has it been 4 years already? Wow.

I had to work it out. And then had to look for the Origins to remind myself of the details.

QUOTE(md717 @ Jul 18 2008, 03:40 AM) *
There's the biggest single indictment of those aholes that there ever could be. As extremely intelligent as you always are on political, scientific, and ecological matters -- it would be a cold day in hell before I would fail to take advantage of an opportunity to enjoy your fine company.

Your life is safe this year sad.gif but keeping you right over a cold beer or five is something I'd love to do.
md717
One of these days we'll get that chance.

Yeah, Jax -- the first weekend in October is our anniversary and we invariably spend it on Block Island where we got married. If y'all pick any other weekend but that one, I'll be there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.