Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK, it's a deadlock..
Eagles Forum > Forum Administration > Technical Help and Forum Suggestions
wizardsandwars
After the self imposed deadline of midnight Wednesday/Thursday, we're deadlocked at 15/15.

How can we break the tie between these two names? Should we have a slogan contest, to go along with the name, and the slogan for the name that gets the most vote wins?
Wingspan
Wingheads.com
Just Do It.

Wingheads.com
Made from the best stuff on earth.

Wingheads.com
All the news that's fit to print.

Wingheads.com
You Gotta be here!

Wingheads.com
Co-stan-za!

Wingheads.com
They'rrreeeee GREAT!

Wingheads.com
Zoom Zoom

Wingheads.com
When you care enough to send the very best.

Wingheads.com
Think Different.

Wingheads.com
Good to the last drop.

Wingheads.com
We love to fly and it shows!

Wingheads.com
It’s everywhere you want to be.

Wingheads.com
Cool, Crisp, Clear. Obey your thirst.

those are just off the top of my head tongue.gif
Wingspan
Eaglestalk.com
We kill puppies.
D Rock
My football has a first name....

It's E - A -G - L - E - S

My football has a second name.....

It's T - A - L - K - S

Oh, I love to post some every day

And if you ask me why I'll say.

Eagles' Talk just has a way

of giving me my fix each day.

(sung to the oscar meyer theme song)

Wingspan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 29 2004, 05:30 AM)

It's T - A - L - K - S

you should really stick to mall musak in 70's horror remakes

LOL

seriously though that cracked me up
Pila
Eagles talk is simply boring. Wingheads insinuate some self-parity, that we don't take ourselves that seriously. Personally, even wingheads don't seem to go far enough to capture the element I think should be representative of our new forum... I'd have called this place something like HelmetlessEagles... or HatchingIgglets, LactoseIntolerantCanaries, DrunkenPluckedChickens... or find a way to put breasts in their somewhere.
LoneEagle
Please note -- these are intended as a joke and do not reflect my personal view on any of the various front office love/hate wars.

----------------------------------------------------
AndyHeads.com
“He’s fat, he’s furry and he’s always right”

Followtheplan.com
“Dissent will not be tolerated”

Modrakwasright.com
“Buffalo will win the next superbowl”

CapChampions.com
“Forget the trophies, we have the Best Front Office in the NFL”

LowBall.com
“Buy’em young and Trash’em old.”
Pila
Now that's good stuff!!!!
bullwinkle
It is interesting to note how the 2 names that each got 15 votes represent the two extremes in naming. Eaglestalk is nice and simple, and it is easy to figure out what the site's mission is. Wingheads does not tell anyone intuitively what the mission of the board is, and doesn't even have the teams name.

Eagle Phans has the team's name in it and still pulls a cutesy in the latter half like the other board did with Iggles.

BirdsofPreyPhans would still give you some curiosity as to what the site is about. I think Wingheads just obscure's the mission of the board too much. Some might think we like chicken wings. That would have been my guest, but I'm officially an old fart now.

ScreamingEagles would at least be a good name for our flame board, and might be a name to consider for the whole board since we do tend to screm at games. (i.e. BOOOOO!!!!) tongue.gif

I'd be willing to compromise on anything that makes it more obvious that we are an Eagles board. But wingheads sounds more like a restraunt than a football message board IMHO.

Sandor
I'll offer a compromise.

eaglestalk for the URL and heading (the blue bar at the top of your computer screen when you're online)
Main screen says wingheads (with appropriate graphics).
smile.gif
Wingspan
QUOTE (bullwinkle @ Apr 29 2004, 07:35 AM)
It is interesting to note how the 2 names that each got 15 votes represent the two extremes in naming. Eaglestalk is nice and simple, and it is easy to figure out what the site's mission is. Wingheads does not tell anyone intuitively what the mission of the board is, and doesn't even have the teams name.

Eagle Phans has the team's name in it and still pulls a cutesy in the latter half like the other board did with Iggles.

BirdsofPreyPhans would still give you some curiosity as to what the site is about. I think Wingheads just obscure's the mission of the board too much. Some might think we like chicken wings. That would have been my guest, but I'm officially an old fart now.

ScreamingEagles would at least be a good name for our flame board, and might be a name to consider for the whole board since we do tend to screm at games. (i.e. BOOOOO!!!!) tongue.gif

I'd be willing to compromise on anything that makes it more obvious that we are an Eagles board. But wingheads sounds more like a restraunt than a football message board IMHO.

DOBBER!!!!!

(hehe screaming eagles)

you dont need the team name in it. concretefield, 700level, nestofdeath are all eagles boards. let's be original here :-)

we have as much OT stuff here as eagles talk...so eaglestalk.com might be a little misleading :-)
wizardsandwars
I agree with wingspan here.

If I heard 'ConcreteBoard' , 'BleedingGreen', or '700level' for the first time, and I wasn't a devout Eagles fan, I wouldn't have any idea what they were about.

WingHeads has a duel meaning, the first of course is in the mold of 'AndyHeads' in that we are fans of the Football Winged Ones. The second a little more litteral, representing how the Eagles football team wears 'Wings' on their helmet, or 'Heads'.

I think we need something really original here, and catchy.

Eyrie
Only way I can see to resolve the issue would be to check on who hasn't voted, then email them to reply to a specific topic for their votes.

Do we have until Friday midnight for this to work?
carolina igg
I think Sandor offered a good compromise, but I think Wingheads is more catchy. How about Wingheads.com -- This is OUR house? I know it's kinda Raybobish, butI think it fits.
wizardsandwars
How about we just sell the naming rights to the highest bidder, and use the proceeds to hire strippers at our First Anual Tailgate?
carolina igg
Hmmmmm laugh.gif
carolina igg
Ok, I know the voting has been closed to other suggestions, but this just popped into my head. "Igglets"?
Wingspan
QUOTE (wizardsandwars @ Apr 29 2004, 10:06 AM)
How about we just sell the naming rights to the highest bidder, and use the proceeds to hire strippers at our First Anual Tailgate?

hmmm....

i have a relative that works for rita's water ice (or italian ice, depending on where you live)...you will all soon be posting on "Wingspan's Gelati Board" laugh.gif
carolina igg
I LOVE that stuff! Can't get a decent one in these parts though. Can't get a good soft pretzel either. dry.gif
Wingspan
QUOTE (carolina igg @ Apr 29 2004, 11:06 AM)
I LOVE that stuff! Can't get a decent one in these parts though. Can't get a good soft pretzel either. dry.gif

there's actually a Rita's in south carolina (i have no idea where you are i am assuming here)...somewhere in Hilton Head, i was there last summer and ran into it to my surprise.
philfan
Mind if I introduce a 3rd choice....How about Birdbrains.com?

We could have a cool eagle mascot that looks like a cross between a bald eagle and Brainiac (The Hulk's arch-enemy, they both are green afterall!)
wizardsandwars
Sorry, philfan, that domain is already taken. In fact, most of the good ones are.
carolina igg
there's actually a Rita's in south carolina (i have no idea where you are i am assuming here)...somewhere in Hilton Head, i was there last summer and ran into it to my surprise.

Thanks, but I'm on the NC/VA border. Long run for a tasty treat. I'll keep it in mind if I get down that way! cool.gif
carolina igg
"Where Iggles dare" would be to corny, huh? unsure.gif
bullwinkle
How about EaglesHeads?

The Falcons and Vikings also have wings on their heads.

Eagleheads is already taken, but EaglesHeads does not appear to be.
D Rock
QUOTE (Wingspan @ Apr 29 2004, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 29 2004, 05:30 AM)

It's T  - A - L - K - S

you should really stick to mall musak in 70's horror remakes

LOL

seriously though that cracked me up

Hey!!!!

ohmy.gif

That's simply not called for....

Why I oughta.......

tongue.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (Sandor @ Apr 29 2004, 12:42 PM)
I'll offer a compromise.

eaglestalk for the URL and heading (the blue bar at the top of your computer screen when you're online)
Main screen says wingheads (with appropriate graphics).
smile.gif

Ding Ding Ding...

We have a winner.

This is a fine idea, and a great example of the art of compromise.

I'm fully with this suggestion...
JaxEagle
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 29 2004, 06:30 AM)

It's T - A - L - K - S

gay
JaxEagle
QUOTE (LoneEagle @ Apr 29 2004, 07:44 AM)
Please note -- these are intended as a joke and do not reflect my personal view on any of the various front office love/hate wars.

----------------------------------------------------
AndyHeads.com
“He’s fat, he’s furry and he’s always right”

Followtheplan.com
“Dissent will not be tolerated”

Modrakwasright.com
“Buffalo will win the next superbowl”

CapChampions.com
“Forget the trophies, we have the Best Front Office in the NFL”

LowBall.com
“Buy’em young and Trash’em old.”

now those are some damn good ideas!
JaxEagle
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 29 2004, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 29 2004, 06:30 AM)

It's T  - A - L - K - S

gay

just yankin your chain brotha!
JaxEagle
QUOTE (bullwinkle @ Apr 29 2004, 01:51 PM)
How about EaglesHeads?

The Falcons and Vikings also have wings on their heads.

Eagleheads is already taken, but EaglesHeads does not appear to be.

Yo moose, yes, the falcon is a wing, but i guarantee if you ask 50 people outside of atlanta what team has wings on its helmet, 49 would say the eagles. we are associated with that much more than the falcons. secondly, the viking is a horn my friend, not a wing...think about it... why would a viking have a wing?
eagles4ever
How about the Eaglesfans Glory Hole?
D Rock
jthjksk
D Rock
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 29 2004, 10:00 PM)

So you're NOT coming out of the closet?

blink.gif

I thought the Oscar Meyer jingle must have rekindled a long lost love for weiners in our old pal run for a second there.....

tongue.gif
bullwinkle
I'm going to endorse the Sandor compromise.

How about a Barry Sadler ripoff. Put green wings....on my son's head. Make him one....of America's best.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 29 2004, 07:07 PM)
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 29 2004, 10:00 PM)

So you're NOT coming out of the closet?

blink.gif

I thought the Oscar Meyer jingle must have rekindled a long lost love for weiners in our old pal run for a second there.....

tongue.gif

No, but I went to a minor league baseball game last night and ate 2 foot long dogs washed down by 2 Yeunglings - good stuff!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.