Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Props to LJ!! and other thoughts
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
The Rock
LJ Smith looks like a player this year.

Offense overall looked solid. Have to consider we did not show everything in a preseason game, Westy did not play, not did Levens. I expect a big year from the offense.

The defense did not play many of the real players. Once all on the field together I expect much better play. But Brown seemed a little weak to be a starter for a SB type bound team.

Not sure I like the close calling on the touching the reciever. Better than having them mugged. But it could make for too many big plays against otherwise solid defenses. But TV likes the big plays as it should help ratings and overall hoopla.

Is Short a mini-me of Simoneau?

Next year we need to address DT in the draft and maybe in FA.

How come Ted Washington keeps moving on to different teams? He always is a stud DT, no off field issues, I never hear of any problems with coaches or players. But teams never seem to eager too resign him. I would not have minded him with us this year.

Can anyone here really be excited the Reno Mahe is our third back option? That has to be the weakest in the league. I hope they get another back with cut downs coming and maybe a LB.

Has the price for McKenzie gone up now that teams are closer to the season? I say somebody is going to pony up to the packers for him. I'd do a #2.

Buddy
I can't see that kind of value for McKenzie. Brown does have some shakey moments... but all in all, I don't see McKenzie as that big of an upgrade over Sheldon Brown.

As far as LJ goes... I think they sort of stayed away from plays to the tight end until last night. Not wanting to send any messages, and to keep things vanilla in the pre-season, Andy used LJ very sparingly. Our offense should have plenty of targets for Nabby... lets just hope he can hit them.

By the way, I hate flags! They slow the game down and most are unneccesary. How bout that unneccesary roughness penalty on both players... now that accomplished something. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.