Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There is a motion on the floor, gentlemen
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Osceola
It has been moved that all admins should be full time employees and draw an annual salary commensurate with their current earnings. All benefits will be provided yet there will be no coffee breaks, pee breaks or personal time during working hours.

The basis for the motion is derived from an apparent concensus that continual monitoring of posts is preferable to self restraint from posters who enjoy the benefits of WingHeads and appreciate the opportunity the forum presents for posters to discuss the Eagles and other topics of interest.

Gentlemen, a motion is on the floor. Do I hear a second?
AustinFan
Self restraint, is that like being a prisoner in disguise?

I never handcuff myself, it would be too kinky.
D Rock
QUOTE(AustinFan @ Jan 20 2007, 01:20 AM) [snapback]103455[/snapback]

I never handcuff myself, it would be too kinky.

Either way, you're alone and just jerkin off....

mellow.gif

If that's yer ide'er of kinky, you must be bored skilly, tex.

laugh.gif
igglesblogman
Motion denied, but I've finally come to realize the inevitability of taking D Rock's advice on the matter.
TGryn
I will say this:

- "I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway" is not a valid excuse.

- Poking at admins is not conducive to a long lifespan of one's account.

- Arguing rules with admins: see above.

- Telling admins how to run a site, or debating with them who should be banned: see above.

- Its offseason. The players are taking a break. If you feel excessively bored and can't come up with something to talk about, perhaps following the player's example and stepping back from the board for a little while rather than doing something requiring moderator activity would be a better use of your time?
Phits
Perhaps wingheads should go "public"? This would help with the potential salary increase for wingheads admins.
mellow.gif
-or -

i could start working on the script and the proceeds from the sale of the wingheads story can go towards some form of compensation.
-or -

the administration of the board can be outsourced to India.
-or -

we could do an infomercial and have the admins sponsored by the public. angelina jolie can make a plea to the gen. public for donations
Eyrie
QUOTE(Phits @ Jan 20 2007, 07:14 AM) [snapback]103508[/snapback]

-or -

There will be no clever remarks from the cheap seats about Aquila being in the Third World wink.gif
Zero
QUOTE(Phits @ Jan 20 2007, 02:14 AM) [snapback]103508[/snapback]

Perhaps wingheads should go "public"? This would help with the potential salary increase for wingheads admins.
mellow.gif
-or -

i could start working on the script and the proceeds from the sale of the wingheads story can go towards some form of compensation.
-or -

-or -

we could do an infomercial and have the admins sponsored by the public. angelina jolie can make a plea to the gen. public for donations

laugh.gif tongue.gif
But I get his point. Some of us need to chill a bit.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
yah, it's silly how grown men can get so worked up over words written in cyberspace especially when we all us "handles' to mask or identity.

And I know that I've sometimes said shit I regretted later. It's not a good thing to get personal in a response to any poster. Unless it's an obvious troll from another team who has come here only for the purpose of trading smack. Then it's expected to call the cunt a cunt. But those times are preserved for the obvious troll and it's part of the fun.

As for us and our own community, jimminy crickets but for YEARS I've been watching us get all jacked up about people like Tshutters, VM, and you name it. There's always been someone with strong opinion that went against the popular, and for that the guy has to endure personal stuff from time to time.

And we all know that ain't right. Is it? No matter how opinionated the other guy, it's OUR responsibility to not let it get to us. But we do let it.

Self policing is flawed. Because we humans are. But that's how message boards operate.

This makes me think. Once in a while I've told AF he's full of shit. I think I might have actually used those words. I hope he never took it personally, because it was never meant to be. But I could understand it if someone would. It's hard not to. So, my apologies AF. I trust you to know it's never personal, just a raucous reply. When I'm with my buddies at a bar I can tell them they're full of shit, and they me. And it's never pesonal. It's guy talk. Bonding language for men.

AustinFan
Nah, I know the difference between malicious (SOP at the TOB) and frustration with me because I'm always right and I never lie (check my avatar, George Tirebiter for President!).
Pila
QUOTE(Osceola @ Jan 20 2007, 01:24 AM) [snapback]103445[/snapback]

It has been moved that all admins should be full time employees and draw an annual salary commensurate with their current earnings. All benefits will be provided yet there will be no coffee breaks, pee breaks or personal time during working hours.

The basis for the motion is derived from an apparent concensus that continual monitoring of posts is preferable to self restraint from posters who enjoy the benefits of WingHeads and appreciate the opportunity the forum presents for posters to discuss the Eagles and other topics of interest.

Gentlemen, a motion is on the floor. Do I hear a second?
I second. Just dealing with me alone has earned you the very least China's minimum wage. At least that.
Phits
QUOTE(Zero @ Jan 20 2007, 09:45 AM) [snapback]103535[/snapback]

laugh.gif tongue.gif
But I get his point. Some of us need to chill a bit.

I can respect that. and to The Moderators/Admins...You are doing a great job with this board/site. There's not many other ways to pat you on the back [in cyberspace], but know that a great number of members of this board respect and appreciate the things that you do.
Donnie Mac
QUOTE(AustinFan @ Jan 20 2007, 01:43 PM) [snapback]103590[/snapback]

Nah, I know the difference between malicious (SOP at the TOB) and frustration with me because I'm always right and I never lie (check my avatar, George Tirebiter for President!).

The next honest Texan I meet will be the first. And my alter ego has met waaaaaaaaay too many Texans in the last calendar year. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.