Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is BULLSHIT
Eagles Forum > Off Topic Forums > Pissing in the Wind
D Rock
We had a good football post locked because Vman has to be a phuqing MORON day in and day out. The thread was about Heckert's opinions on a number of personnel matters for our team, and all anybody wanted to talk about is how much of a dip shit V man is.

Look.

We ALL get it. Dude is a dippy moron.

Can we all FINALLY just ignore this twit so good FOOTBALL threads don't have to get LOCKED????

Sheeeesh

mad.gif
Phits
QUOTE(D Rock @ Jan 19 2007, 02:42 PM) [snapback]103388[/snapback]

We had a good football post locked because Vman has to be a phuqing MORON day in and day out. The thread was about Heckert's opinions on a number of personnel matters for our team, and all anybody wanted to talk about is how much of a dip shit V man is.

Look.

We ALL get it. Dude is a dippy moron.

Can we all FINALLY just ignore this twit so good FOOTBALL threads don't have to get LOCKED????

Sheeeesh

mad.gif

Fine!!! this post will be about what a "dippy moron"D-Rock is tongue.gif
GQSmooth
IPB Image
Pila
My bad. I know it's wrong to make fun of morons, yet I can't help myself... it's just so amusing poking at them while they overly contort this way and that way... I'm giggling like a school girl, sorry. I have so little self control, my sincerest apologies to the board. I promise to work on my restraint.

Bom dia.
Phits
QUOTE(Pila @ Jan 19 2007, 03:26 PM) [snapback]103397[/snapback]

I promise to work on my restraint.

Bom dia.

I can see the humor in the exchanges cause by v-man and/or bballz. i find it quite entertaining to get the oppositions opinions on things that I take for granted. i didn't know that people were taking it seriously. however, there is a history of obscenity that pre-dates my arrival to this community that facilitates the moderators need to inhibit my enjoyment.

booooo tight fisted administrotors with a break no bend rule of moderating
hooraayyyyy beer!!!

IPB Image
Pila
It’s not the administrators’ fault. Fault belongs with me. I’m a little laden with guilt – I put my own amusement over that of the good folk of the forum. I’m selfish, but my hope was that someone was enjoying it as much as I was. Since I’m the center of the universe, I just pictured all of us giggling in a circle, pointing at Vermin’s wedgie… hee-hee...

Seriously – my bad.
vermeilman
Sure hope XSV gets back soon. Looks like while the cat's away its open season for immature behavior and personal attacks.
Donnie Mac
Obviously, Aquilla and I are going to have to jeryrig something to keep the feuding parties apart.
Otherwise, D Rock, Pila, Iggleblogman, Phits, and Vermeilman can go to PITW if they want to engage in this hand-to-hand combat. mad.gif dry.gif
md717
QUOTE(Pila @ Jan 19 2007, 02:26 PM) [snapback]103397[/snapback]

I promise to work on my restraint.

Let me know how that's workin' out for ya.

blah.gif
Buddysballs
Its a shame that the current moderators here don't respect the board enough to stop the ridiculous name calling and personal attacks that some of the users are doing while xsv is away.

There should be a zero tolerance policy on that kind of kiddie behavior... because it really makes the board look amateurish and very similar to another board we know.
bullwinkle
edited

Buddysballs
I really don't see VM provoking anyone. Its a shame.. just because his opinion about the football team may be different than your own, theres no reason to act like childish and call him names.

I see so many times.. he'll post something and out of the blue someone reply offtopic and just yell at him calling him names and cursing. Its ridiculous.

You have to learn how to be mature. Take myself.. i don't agree with AustinFans posts very often but I dont reply to his posts yelling "YOU FREAKN MORONIC KOOLAID DRINKER JERK!" etc.. it just doesn't make any sense to do so. We are all fans... we just ahve different opinions on the team.

What this board truely needs is moderators who use a zero tolerance policy on name calling and even more importantly keep topics ON TOPIC. This way if a topic is about a player, a team newstory, etc and someone replies just to flame and curse at the topic creator then of course that reply is OFF TOPIC and should be deleted.

Everyone should ahve more respect for their fellow fans and also for the board itself. The name calling, cursing, and child like behavior makes the board look amateurish.
WatchDog
QUOTE(Buddysballs @ Jan 20 2007, 08:06 PM) [snapback]103638[/snapback]

What this board truely needs is moderators who use a zero tolerance policy on name calling and even more importantly keep topics ON TOPIC. This way if a topic is about a player, a team newstory, etc and someone replies just to flame and curse at the topic creator then of course that reply is OFF TOPIC and should be deleted.

I'm getting a little tired of being told what this board needs, how the mods should behave, what they should tolerate and what they should not, etc.

If we had perfect board citizens, we'd be unnecessary now wouldn't we? We could just stand back and let the peace and joy overwhelm one and all.

Most of the admins here have years of experience in dealing with the motley crew of poster personalities such as we have here. It's not like we woke up yesterday and decided to start running a board. "What fun!" we collectively said. rolleyes.gif "Good thing it won't intrude on our personal time in any way -- it'll be a piece of cake!" Double rolleyes.gif

Our one and only goal is to make this the best Eagles message board it can be. Do we make mistakes? Yup. Do we sometimes huddle amongst ourselves and ask "what do we do now?" Absolutely. Do we occasionally disagree amongst ourselves and become paralyzed briefly as a result? Damn skippy. Do we need a Johnny-come-lately giving us advice? Not really.

If you want a perfect and 24/7 devoted admin team, then pony up and pay the $1000/yr fee it would require on the part of every poster to replace our real-life job salaries. Until you're willing to do THAT, then shut the fuck up and let us do our jobs the best we know how -- for FREE.

Rant over.
Buddysballs
QUOTE(WatchDog @ Jan 22 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]104002[/snapback]

Do we need a Johnny-come-lately giving us advice?

Come on now.. ive been here almost a year and have contributed over 500 posts.. hardly a johnny-come-lately. Where's the user appreciation?? You would think I just joined last week and only had 10 posts with that kind of talk sad.gif
WatchDog
My mistake.

A whole YEAR??

By all means, give us advice, then.

Obviously my message was lost on you, brain child.
Buddysballs
QUOTE(WatchDog @ Jan 22 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]104030[/snapback]

Obviously my message was lost on you, BRAIN CHILD.

As was my message lost on you. This was exactly the type of behavior I was trying to say makes the board look not very professional. Think about it, if the mods themselves promote name calling then how do they expect the users not do the the same. I just think we should be able to have different opinions about the football team, etc without having to resort to calling each other names to get our points across.
D Rock
QUOTE(Buddysballs @ Jan 23 2007, 03:53 AM) [snapback]104028[/snapback]

Come on now.. ive been here almost a year and have contributed over 500 posts.. hardly a johnny-come-lately.

Sounds like the definition of a "johnny come lately" to me.

QUOTE(Buddysballs @ Jan 23 2007, 03:53 AM) [snapback]104028[/snapback]

Where's the user appreciation??

Consider the user.

QUOTE(Buddysballs @ Jan 23 2007, 11:49 AM) [snapback]104053[/snapback]

This was exactly the type of behavior I was trying to say makes the board look not very professional.

Guess what. It's NOT professional. It's a fan site, run and participated in by fans.

WatchDog
QUOTE(Buddysballs @ Jan 23 2007, 06:49 AM) [snapback]104053[/snapback]

As was my message lost on you. This was exactly the type of behavior I was trying to say makes the board look not very professional. Think about it, if the mods themselves promote name calling then how do they expect the users not do the the same. I just think we should be able to have different opinions about the football team, etc without having to resort to calling each other names to get our points across.

The emphasis on "brain child" was yours, not mine.

This forum is a little looser than the main football forum with regard to "name calling." You may notice that the description for the Pissing in the Wind forum says, "A place to talk trash, and hurl insults regarding the Philadelphia Eagles or otherwise. No registration is required, so post at your own risk."

Now that I've pointed that out . . . I think most would agree that a sarcastic "brain child" is pretty mild on the name-calling scale. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. (Build a bridge)

The point was and is -- if I wanted your opinion, I'd give it to you. Speaking for myself only, I don't need someone who (presumably) has never presided over a message board of any type telling me what should and should not be allowed, what we're doing while our very good friend XSV is indisposed, etc. Kindly keep your opinions on board management to yourself, at least in public.

If you don't like it -- lump it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.