Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: But the Big Story:
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Says he wants him to concentrate on his rehab.

Hmmmm........................................

Is rehab so intense that he couldn't spare an hour to meet the press?

Or is Andy afraid of the questions and answers that may surface?

I would have been perfectly fine if there was no press conference until training camp, but the fact that there was a scheduled one and then it was cancelled and the Soviet Organization, keeper of many a secret, admit that Andy told him not to do it?

My guess? Donnie had a change in heart wishing to avoid saying anything revealing that could be taken in an unflatering context. And as always, Big Red stood up for his player and said that he was the heavy (no pun intended) and deserved the criticism for putting the kabosh on the feeding frenzy.

Ahhh the offseason. gotta love it..........................NOT!

vermeilman
Well, he can't tell Mama to shut up.... rolleyes.gif
bullwinkle
I wonder if the story behind this is that Andy talked McNabb out of retiring. Why else would McNabb want to hold a press conference at this time?
D Rock
hmmmn. Not a bad way to manufacture some positive pr. Feign early retirement. Although, it did nothing for KiKi's image in joisey.

vermeilman
He wanted to show he's back, its his team--- not Garcias's, he's the leader, yada yada. And Wilma probably put him up to it.
D Rock
Dude, please try to get over Wilma McNabb. You're runnin outta tissue, the keyboard's nasty...it's a comlete mess.

vermeilman
QUOTE(D Rock @ Jan 19 2007, 12:40 AM) [snapback]103330[/snapback]

Dude, please try to get over Wilma McNabb. You're runnin outta tissue, the keyboard's nasty...it's a comlete mess.

Think about it. I can hear it now. Wilma's all obsessing over Garcia. She tells Donny he has to have a press conference to make clear its "his" team. Donny doesn't want to, says "Oh mom" but relents and tells Boyko to set it up. Reid, whose quietly fuming over Wilma's comments, kills it.

Good stuff man.
Buddysballs
Wilma McNabb is America's Favorite Sports Mom! It says so on her website.
vermeilman
QUOTE(Buddysballs @ Jan 19 2007, 12:51 AM) [snapback]103332[/snapback]

Wilma McNabb is America's Favorite Sports Mom! It says so on her website.

Well technically its Donny's website, which would make Wilma America's Favorite Hanger-on!
Reality Fan
In other breaking news, Mcnabb's neighbor, Johnathan Rattsmacker was overheard discussing Mcnabb's failure to attend this year's christmas barbeque as a sign that he and his wife feel they are above the neighborhood and will seek a trade to a more austere area. Mcnabb's child, when asked for comment was quoted saying, "goo goo, gah gah", the nerve of the child, why can't they keep its mouth shut!!!!!!!!!!

More to follow as this develops..............
AustinFan
Reid just wanted to avoid throwing raw meat to the dogs.

Whatever McNabb says will be misconstrued, twisted and turned into a controversy, especially by WIP and "fans" like VM and BB.

So it makes more sense to bury it until at least mini-camps, by which time they'll know if Garcia returns, if he doesn't, it's a mute point, too early to call for AJ.
Dreagon
Sounds like Reid was just using his head and stopping an opportunity for more controversy. I'm not sure what McNabb was thinking he was going to say, but I'm not sure he has anything he could say right now without it coming back to haunt him and everybody. He would be smart not to give any press conferences until he is back under center and throwing the ball again.
vermeilman
QUOTE(Dreagon @ Jan 19 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]103432[/snapback]

Sounds like Reid was just using his head and stopping an opportunity for more controversy. I'm not sure what McNabb was thinking he was going to say, but I'm not sure he has anything he could say right now without it coming back to haunt him and everybody. He would be smart not to give any press conferences until he is back under center and throwing the ball again.

McNabb was stupid for scheduling it to begin with. Now Reid's getting ripped on Espn radio for being heavy handed with a "grown man, 30---multiple Pro Bowler."
Flying Dutchman
McNabb is both smarter and cooler under fire than the media slobs in the piranha-press pack. They are only interested in creating controversy like our resident trolls. No matter how calmly, blandly or innocently DMAC answers the questions, they will still intentionally misconscrew whatever he says.
vermeilman
QUOTE(Flying Dutchman @ Jan 19 2007, 06:08 PM) [snapback]103436[/snapback]

McNabb is both smarter and cooler under fire than the media slobs in the piranha-press pack. They are only interested in creating controversy like our resident trolls. No matter how calmly, blandly or innocently DMAC answers the questions, they will still intentionally misconscrew whatever he says.

Yeah, poor Donovan, a professional victim.
GQSmooth
whats your agenda, why dont u just change your handle to anti-McNabb since you have to psycho analyze everything from him, or his family.
vermeilman
QUOTE(GQSmooth @ Jan 19 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]103440[/snapback]

whats your agenda, why dont u just change your handle to anti-McNabb since you have to psycho analyze everything from him, or his family.

Or I could leave my handle as it is and keep bringin the truth. wink.gif
GQSmooth
who gives a shit what he has to say now???? Everyone's bored and looking for shit to talk about, what the hell is there to gain when people like you want to see if his poop floats.
vermeilman
QUOTE(GQSmooth @ Jan 19 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]103443[/snapback]

who gives a shit what he has to say now???? Everyone's bored and looking for shit to talk about, what the hell is there to gain when people like you want to see if his poop floats.

Dude, I can assure you I have zero interest in Donny's turds, whether they float, sink, whether they're edible, reusable. I just don't care.
GQSmooth
Point is, u analyze the hell out of everything in relation to him who gives a fuck if Reid puts a muzzle on him
vermeilman
QUOTE(GQSmooth @ Jan 19 2007, 09:20 PM) [snapback]103466[/snapback]

Point is, u analyze the hell out of everything in relation to him who gives a fuck if Reid puts a muzzle on him

Look, I'm glad Reid did, I think he was correct. I have no doubt Donny called the press conference at Mamma's urging, to wrestle back his "status" if you will, and I have no doubt Reid saw it for what it was and killed it for that reason. So I'm with Reid on this, and I get that you have no interest in it. But many do and you will just have to live with it. Its a topic of discussion on other message boards, on WIP, in the papers, on Espn and Espn Radio. So I guess the answer to your question is, the football loving world is interested and just because you're not does not make the topic invalid.
GQSmooth
its a topic b/c there is shit else to talk about in this town.
vermeilman
QUOTE(GQSmooth @ Jan 19 2007, 09:30 PM) [snapback]103469[/snapback]

its a topic b/c there is shit else to talk about in this town.

Well, that's undoubtedly part of it thanks to Ed Snyder, but it has gone national bro.
Reality Fan
QUOTE(vermeilman @ Jan 19 2007, 09:43 PM) [snapback]103474[/snapback]

Well, that's undoubtedly part of it thanks to Ed Snyder, but it has gone national bro.

Slow newsweek.

What is lost is that McNabb id not "schedule" a "news conference". If you actually read a little, you would have seen that McNabb told the Eagle's PR people that he would speak to reporters again, now that the season was over. He did not do so previously because he did not want to be a distraction to the team. The media started the silly McNabb vs Garcia BS(oh yeah, give me a 37 yr to replace my 30 yr old, sheer genius). The Eagles media office scheduled the PC and Andy quashed it.
vermeilman
QUOTE(Reality Fan @ Jan 19 2007, 10:09 PM) [snapback]103478[/snapback]

Slow newsweek.

What is lost is that McNabb id not "schedule" a "news conference". If you actually read a little, you would have seen that McNabb told the Eagle's PR people that he would speak to reporters again, now that the season was over. He did not do so previously because he did not want to be a distraction to the team. The media started the silly McNabb vs Garcia BS(oh yeah, give me a 37 yr to replace my 30 yr old, sheer genius). The Eagles media office scheduled the PC and Andy quashed it.

Come on RF, you know the Big Mamma's chubby fingers are all over this. "Get out there and get your team back Donovan." I can just hear it.
Reality Fan
QUOTE(vermeilman @ Jan 19 2007, 10:16 PM) [snapback]103479[/snapback]

Come on RF, you know the Big Mamma's chubby fingers are all over this. "Get out there and get your team back Donovan." I can just hear it.

Just one of many voices playing there.
JaxEagle
QUOTE(nephillymike @ Jan 18 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]103324[/snapback]

Says he wants him to concentrate on his rehab.

I heard this news story today, but I say BFD...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.