Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'd feel better about the game, and the season
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
md717
if it weren't for the decision to punt. In his post game PC, Reid said that in hindsight he might have made a different decision. He thought that we could get the ball back. I don't see one ounce of objective history to support that conclusion. You have to assume that's your last play of the game. Chances are we wouldn't have converted. But we would have gone down taking our best shot.

That's the part that's really hard for me to swallow, even the morning after.
Big Blue
biggrin.gif Let's face it, the NFC East turned in a mediocre performance at best. The Giants and Eagles were devestated by injuries and some really bizzare coaching decisions all year long. I would have loved to seen both teams go at it all three times 100% healthy, but then that is the game of football. The Eagles played well, the decision to punt was a gamble, and with Aikers leg, statisticaly it was in their favor. AR had hope that the defense would rise to the moment and force a 3 and out. I say congradulations to the NO Saints for a well played game and to the Eagles for their NFC East championships. By the way, What the heck is a mummer?
Big Blue through and true.

QUOTE(md717 @ Jan 14 2007, 08:59 AM) [snapback]102376[/snapback]

if it weren't for the decision to punt. In his post game PC, Reid said that in hindsight he might have made a different decision. He thought that we could get the ball back. I don't see one ounce of objective history to support that conclusion. You have to assume that's your last play of the game. Chances are we wouldn't have converted. But we would have gone down taking our best shot.

md717
This series was also particularly painful:

1-10-NO13 (13:20) B.Westbrook left end to NO 4 for 9 yards (J.Bullocks, F.Thomas).
2-1-NO4 (12:38) B.Westbrook right end to NO 4 for no gain (W.Smith).
3-1-NO4 (11:57) J.Garcia pass short right to T.Tapeh to NO 6 for -2 yards (S.Fujita).
4-3-NO6 (11:12) D.Akers 24 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Dorenbos, Holder-K.Detmer.
bullwinkle
QUOTE(md717 @ Jan 14 2007, 10:41 AM) [snapback]102391[/snapback]

This series was also particularly painful:

1-10-NO13 (13:20) B.Westbrook left end to NO 4 for 9 yards (J.Bullocks, F.Thomas).
2-1-NO4 (12:38) B.Westbrook right end to NO 4 for no gain (W.Smith).
3-1-NO4 (11:57) J.Garcia pass short right to T.Tapeh to NO 6 for -2 yards (S.Fujita).
4-3-NO6 (11:12) D.Akers 24 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Dorenbos, Holder-K.Detmer.

That one I can understand. Odds are against us tonight if we run for it on 3rd and short. We were getting kicked around in the trenches tonight.

I'll never have a good explanation for the 4th and 15 punt. If Andy had hoped to get it right back, then he should have put in a run stuffing DL. Nope, he let JJ send out the same french-door for a DT that they had been sending out all night.
TGryn
Andy made a mistake. It happens, even to the best. That's the explanation, I think.
Phits
QUOTE(TGryn @ Jan 14 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]102395[/snapback]

Andy made a mistake. It happens, even to the best. That's the explanation, I think.

I accept that explanation....but I don't have to like it
AustinFan
How about the toss to Bush, why are the Saints tossing to Bush deep in the backfield instead of just pounding it with Big Mac? That's wasn't a bonehead call?

Really didn't matter, odds lightening strikes twice are pretty slim, he goes for it on 4th and 15, Garcia runs around and throws it up for grabs, game over, everyone starts bitching Reid should have punted!
philly93kearse
QUOTE(md717 @ Jan 14 2007, 08:59 AM) [snapback]102376[/snapback]

WOULDNT HAVE CONVERTED??? did you ever hear of 4th and 26, they said we wouldnt convert that either.
Phits
QUOTE(AustinFan @ Jan 14 2007, 01:49 PM) [snapback]102416[/snapback]

How about the toss to Bush, why are the Saints tossing to Bush deep in the backfield instead of just pounding it with Big Mac? That's wasn't a bonehead call?

Really didn't matter, odds lightening strikes twice are pretty slim, he goes for it on 4th and 15, Garcia runs around and throws it up for grabs, game over, everyone starts bitching Reid should have punted!

we may not have gotten the 4th & 15 but we had a chance. going for it gave us the same chance as punting. if you were willing to gamble on 4 & 10 the chips should stay on the table. Instead of splitting a pair of aces we hit. oh well

the 'Aints made their share of blunders, but I don't care about them. we had a gift wrapped possession from a turnover. we should have gotten something from that, but we didn't. we had decent field position and should have been able to move the ball.

Should've, could've, would've...we didn't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.