Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And so it begins
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
McPhila
an offseason of vm and bb telling us how we should fire reid.

as if the loss wasn't enough.
Commish
QUOTE(McPhila @ Jan 13 2007, 11:44 PM) [snapback]102189[/snapback]

an offseason of vm and bb telling us how we should fire reid.

as if the loss wasn't enough.

At least no one should talk about Garcia replacing McNabb. How many poor passes did he make tonight? How many open guys did he miss? I counted at least 5. He had an okay game, but there was a lot left on the field.
wishbone
QUOTE(Commish @ Jan 13 2007, 11:54 PM) [snapback]102224[/snapback]

At least no one should talk about Garcia replacing McNabb. How many poor passes did he make tonight? How many open guys did he miss? I counted at least 5. He had an okay game, but there was a lot left on the field.

wait a second, with the game we played, garcia should be the last person we critique.
Phits
QUOTE(Commish @ Jan 14 2007, 12:54 AM) [snapback]102224[/snapback]

is that the silver lining? wink.gif
mprincz
The offense left plays on the field, but they played well enough to win if the D and STs showed a little more.
bullwinkle
I think Garcia will move on. He made some great plays tonight and some bad ones. But I'm not sure a healthy McNabb would have been enough tonight. We really needed to run some play action stuff to get the pressure off of him. I would give the play calling a C+ tonight.
Tileguybob
QUOTE(Commish @ Jan 14 2007, 12:54 AM) [snapback]102224[/snapback]

He gave it a full throttle effort, but at his age maybe that isn't good enough anymore. McNabb would have been sacked more and threw more so who is to say if the outcome would have been any different.
McPhila
QUOTE(wishbone @ Jan 13 2007, 11:56 PM) [snapback]102228[/snapback]

wait a second, with the game we played, garcia should be the last person we critique.

Far from the last. He is part of it. He missed some passes that he should make. Not asking him to be perfect but yea.

Westy drops are awful.
TGryn
I think Garcia's going to end up in Minnesota starting for Childress and AJ moves to #2 for us...but plenty of time to talk about this in the weeks ahead.
Phits
QUOTE(bullwinkle @ Jan 14 2007, 12:59 AM) [snapback]102237[/snapback]

I think Garcia will move on.

I think he understands his limitations and will continue to embrace the role of a back-up
wishbone
if we didnt drop the passes we did, and have that costly false start penalty, this would have been another heroic win by jeff garcia.
bullwinkle
Garcia had a pretty good game tonight. No doubt, he will be starting for someone next year. It would be funny in a way if he went to Dallas. I'm sure TO would love that. tongue.gif
GreenMeanie
I got no beef with the offense. Not even Young and the false start.

The defense stopped nothing all game. The only reason they didn't just run all over us was because they threw the ball sometimes. The offense put 24 points on the board. It should have been enough to win.

Phits
QUOTE(GreenMeanie @ Jan 14 2007, 01:11 AM) [snapback]102263[/snapback]

I got no beef with the offense. ......... It should have been enough to win.

It's been that way for the majority of the season. We have played very well defensively for stretches in games, and individually some of our defensive players have been awesome...but we have been susceptible to the run all season
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.