Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On an unrelated matter....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
I was a 14 year old boy in D.C. when the colts snuck out of town under the blanket of snow and darkness.

I was an Eagle's fan, and remember being shocked at how much it hurt considering they weren't even MY team. I suppose it was some empathy for my friends and neighbors, most of whom were HUGE colts fans and Hated the foreskins like I and my father did.

Fast forward to the former brownies coming to Baltimore. The franchise offered tens of millions of dollars to the Earsay family for the name Colts. They left the name Browns in Cleveland and were willing to pay dearly to bring THE COLTS back to Baltimore. The Earsays told him to shit in his hat.

For these two memories, I hope the ravens kick the living SNOT outta Golden Boy Manning and those phuqing COLTS.

Unitas never played in Indy. Phuque Indy.
vermeilman
Interesting you would think about that after Rat Boy's comments.

How did they make you feel?

I'll send a bill. tongue.gif
Sandor
Considering the Ravens were the Browns, I'd be a happy man if the earth opened up and swollowed the Ravens, the stadium, the (Maryland/Baltimore) politicians, and any fan stupid enough to care for the Ravens. mad.gif

But alas, I'm going to have to wait for Art Modell to croak so I can go (either to Florida or NYC) and piss on his grave. dry.gif

But I understand the conflicting emotions of the Baltimore populace tomorrow. ohmy.gif
JaxEagle
QUOTE(D Rock @ Jan 12 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]101905[/snapback]

I was a 14 year old boy in D.C. when the colts snuck out of town under the blanket of snow and darkness.

I was an Eagle's fan, and remember being shocked at how much it hurt considering they weren't even MY team. I suppose it was some empathy for my friends and neighbors, most of whom were HUGE colts fans and Hated the foreskins like I and my father did.

Fast forward to the former brownies coming to Baltimore. The franchise offered tens of millions of dollars to the Earsay family for the name Colts. They left the name Browns in Cleveland and were willing to pay dearly to bring THE COLTS back to Baltimore. The Earsays told him to shit in his hat.

For these two memories, I hope the ravens kick the living SNOT outta Golden Boy Manning and those phuqing COLTS.

At about the same age, I remember the Colt's brass flying into the Old Gator Bowl and landing on the field to a huge crowd of people that chanted "We want the Colts!" It was a demonstration as part of our pitch to get team, however they went to Indy. It's funny the memories from childhood... I remember that they gave free hot dogs that night - a 14 year old can eat about 6 free hot dogs tongue.gif
D Rock
QUOTE(vermeilman @ Jan 12 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]101909[/snapback]

Interesting you would think about that after Rat Boy's comments.

How did they make you feel?

I'll send a bill. tongue.gif

Yeah sure. Check's in the mail.

Who the hell is RatBoy?
Bez
[quote name='D Rock' date='Jan 12 2007, 03:52 PM' post='101905']

[/quote I think Manning will be eating some dirt. Peace. BEz cool.gif
Eyrie
Rat Boy = Banner. There is a certain resemblance cool.gif
AustinFan
aka "The Weasel"
D Rock
I can assure you, Banner's comments are barely a blip on my radar. I tend to agree with those who would say it's silly how villified Lur/Ban are. The memory of the Breaman(sp?) era is still fresh enough in my mind to have a deep appreciation for the current regime's methods and results.

Is Banner a walking PR nightmare? Yes. But, much like Reid/McNabb...it's tough to argue with the results. From over here, this century has been the highlite of that portion of my life, soul & psyche reserved for the Eagles fan in me.

Simply said, it's been a great ride. And considering that I was worried at mid season that said ride might be coming to an end, I'm fired up at the moment.

The team is young. The O line is great, deep and signed up for a good while. Westy in his prime. Nabby in his prime. Reggie coming on big time. Even LJ has found some semblance of consistancy. The D will likely have to rebuild over the next coupe of seasons, but Patterson, Cole, Bunkley, Gaither & Considine/Mikell show me that it doesn't have to be a firesale sort of rebuild process.

I appreciate the philosophy that it's better to get to the post season every year with a team that is rebuilding in one or two areas...than to sell out for one run. A run that could be held back by any numerous factors (injuries, bad bounces, tough conf./division). All the uncontrolables have a better chance of getting in line if you're there year after year after year.

So, yeah. Banner looks like a Rat. But, he's doing a damn good job at his assigned task. He'd likely be better off hiding in shadows with his fool mouth shut.

...Rant over....
BgBry44
I was...I think 3 years old when the Colts moved. So yeah.....I remember nothing of it. smile.gif
vermeilman
QUOTE(D Rock @ Jan 12 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]101928[/snapback]

I can assure you, Banner's comments are barely a blip on my radar. I tend to agree with those who would say it's silly how villified Lur/Ban are. The memory of the Breaman(sp?) era is still fresh enough in my mind to have a deep appreciation for the current regime's methods and results.

Is Banner a walking PR nightmare? Yes. But, much like Reid/McNabb...it's tough to argue with the results. From over here, this century has been the highlite of that portion of my life, soul & psyche reserved for the Eagles fan in me.

Simply said, it's been a great ride. And considering that I was worried at mid season that said ride might be coming to an end, I'm fired up at the moment.

The team is young. The O line is great, deep and signed up for a good while. Westy in his prime. Nabby in his prime. Reggie coming on big time. Even LJ has found some semblance of consistancy. The D will likely have to rebuild over the next coupe of seasons, but Patterson, Cole, Bunkley, Gaither & Considine/Mikell show me that it doesn't have to be a firesale sort of rebuild process.

I appreciate the philosophy that it's better to get to the post season every year with a team that is rebuilding in one or two areas...than to sell out for one run. A run that could be held back by any numerous factors (injuries, bad bounces, tough conf./division). All the uncontrolables have a better chance of getting in line if you're there year after year after year.

So, yeah. Banner looks like a Rat. But, he's doing a damn good job at his assigned task. He'd likely be better off hiding in shadows with his fool mouth shut.

...Rant over....

The issue isn't whether Jeffrey and Rat Boy are competent, they are. The issue is they don't like you as a class. They think you are rude, gross, and ungrateful. Every time you hear Domed Boy go off on this fan or that, just replace his glaring head for that of Jeffrey and Rat Boy. They are nouveau riche carpetbaggers from Baaston. They think they are better than you and they expect you to agree. bowdown.gif
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE(D Rock @ Jan 12 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]101928[/snapback]

...Rant over....

DRock, my hats off to you guy. This is one of the best, absolutely best posts you have made in many years in many places. Kudos!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.