Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My playoff 1st week bets
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Wiseguys and Degenerates
md717
I took a couple of the dollars I made off the Eagles winning the NFCE and made a 4-team parlay bet, even knowing how much of a longshot those are. I hit one the first week of the season betting only NFCE games. I bet FOR the Eagles and AGAINST every other NFCE team. Worked out pretty well.

So anyway, here's my parlay for Wild Card Week:

IND -7 (got that one, 3 to go)
DAL +2
NE -8.5 (nervous about this one, but the rule is . . . if NE is favored big, take them)
PHI -7

So we'll see. The bet pays better than 10-1.
nephillymike
got Dal +2.5
NYJ +9
Phi -7

and 4-1 odds for the Eagles to win the NFC.

Papa needs a new pair of shoes............................

I was disappointed in the lowly 4-1 odds on the Birds but what the heck.

I tried to get a bet to "short" Chi at 6-5 odds NOT to win the NFC but couldn't get any action w/o betting the rest of the NFC field and too much vig for that to be profitable.
md717
Yeah, I'm wishing that I had just abstained from the NE/NYJ game, in retrospect. But that rule -- "take NE when they're favored heavily" is pretty solid.

I already won big betting on the Iggs to win the NFCE, I can't tempt fate by betting on them to win the NFC. I'd be tempted if the odds were better, but . . . can't do it at 4-1.

Even with my big win on the Iggs to win the NFCE, I'm still down a couple of bucks for the season.
md717
QUOTE(md717 @ Jan 6 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]100136[/snapback]

So anyway, here's my parlay for Wild Card Week:

IND -7 (got that one, 3 to go)
DAL +2
NE -8.5 (nervous about this one, but the rule is . . . if NE is favored big, take them)
PHI -7

Two down, two to go.
md717
Ugh. Lost the game in which I had the most confidence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.