Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And Who Wanted to Draft Woods?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
AustinFan
While Michael Clayton is making a push to replace McCardell, Reggie Williams is stinking up Jaguars camp with dropped passes, and Rashaun Woods:

Battle has overtaken rookie Rashaun Woods for the No. 4 job, according to coach Dennis Erickson. He could end up being a factor on offense, but Battle looks as if he is already going to be one of the core special-teams performers.

Woods has been plagued by hamstring pulls.

Now Woods and Williams may turn it around eventually, but just shows that drafting a WR in the 1st round is no sure thing, Clayton was the guy I wanted because he was NFL ready. Ernest Wilford is outplaying Williams right now, because he's also more mature. Draft a junior WR, and be ready to spend a couple years bottle feeding him (hmm, 1st down Freddie took 3 years).

Eyrie
Me for one.

But when we traded up I wanted that RB Jackson. Andrews looks like being a good pick though
philfan
As an OkState grad who watched Woods play in person for 4 years, give the kid a chance before you start to gloat about injuries and place on a team.

He will be good. Just wait and see.
AustinFan
Ah, but that is the operative word, WAIT.

Andrews is playing right now.

I wouldn't write Woods off, but it does show why a lot of times you're better off trading up for a player you're confident in, or down for a couple prospects who will take a couple years to develop, than drafting someone late in the first round who isn't ready to play. It's tough for most receivers to jump in and make an impact.
Wingspan
okay...well what about mcdougal?

he's been hurt a lot...
Hound
QUOTE (Arlingtonfan @ Aug 19 2004, 08:36 PM)

I wouldn't write Woods off, but it does show why a lot of times you're better off trading up for a player you're confident in, or down for a couple prospects who will take a couple years to develop, than drafting someone late in the first round who isn't ready to play. It's tough for most receivers to jump in and make an impact.

huh.gif Jerome McDougle huh.gif
Blitz
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 19 2004, 12:47 PM)
Me for one.

But when we traded up I wanted that RB Jackson. Andrews looks like being a good pick though

When the Iggs had traded up I was almost sure we were getting Jackson and was happy we were. When we picked Andrews, I was pissed. Looking back now, Andrews might have been the better pick. As far as the WRs go, I didn't want any of them except maybe Fitz.
philfan

What wait? What I am saying is don't pass judgement on the kid based on one article. I have had 4 years of experience watching the guy. Look, I am happy with the Andrews pick, but I still wanted Woods. No regrets. Hell, I wanted Teddy Lehman to be an Eagle too.

Plus, no player is a slam dunk. Don't forget, Andrews is looking great, but the nasal polyps have been rumored to be coming back.
Blitz
QUOTE (philfan @ Aug 19 2004, 06:02 PM)

I wouldn't write Woods off, but it does show why a lot of times you're better off trading up for a player you're confident in, or down for a couple prospects who will take a couple years to develop, than drafting someone late in the first round who isn't ready to play.  It's tough for most receivers to jump in and make an impact.

What wait? What I am saying is don't pass judgement on the kid based on one article. I have had 4 years of experience watching the guy. Look, I am happy with the Andrews pick, but I still wanted Woods. No regrets. Hell, I wanted Teddy Lehman to be an Eagle too.

Plus, no player is a slam dunk. Don't forget, Andrews is looking great, but the nasal polyps have been rumored to be coming back.

Even if they do come back it doesn't matter. He has played at high levels with them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.