Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To the AF "dissers"!!!
Eagles Forum > Off Topic Forums > Pissing in the Wind
magoo
This gawdam board is starting to look like TOB! Why not temper yer comments at LEAST until the "Season of Amity" has passed. If ya wanna be honest with yerselves, EVERY one of us has our ugly warts - as well as more than a few embarrassing "skeletons" in our closets!

YES! As a high-school "drop-out", I guess I'm more sensitive to AF's professorial condescension than most - particularly regarding historical matters (ala the murky ethnocity of England and Normandy, etc). In view of his own concentration on "Law", I'd venture to say that during the past sixty-five years I've read (and studied "in-country" world-wide college History courses and NSA schools) double that of his own pursuit of historical events.

Be that as it may, I've known him (and his erstwhile esoteric counterpart, opponent, "LALA") on boards fer nigh-on-to ten years - and I STILL appreciate his input (statistics, draft info, "pasted" articles, etc) to a degree far exceeding those of his "off-the-cuff" detracters. His, and "Nor'Eastphilly's", statistical data is sumphin NONE of youse guys can, or care to, produce for us!

C'mon guys! Lighten up! Or move over to TOB where, sarcasm, ridicule and "one-up-manship" are "sciences"!

I apologize fer the snotty "tone" of this ... REALLY! ... But ...

PEACE!!

'goo blink.gif ac6.gif bowdown.gif wub.gif

xsv
I probalby disagree with AF around 90% of the time, especially this year. But I love reading his pre-draft 'consolodation' posts, in in general, he seems to have a reasonable take on the talent of most young players. Even when I digagree I don't mind reading his take, if for nothing else but to have a starting point from which to deviate.

I'm not sure where you see him being treated very badly, though. He does, at times, come accross as a little condescending. I'm sure he probably doens't mean to, but the consequences are that he'll likely end up in some heated discussions now and again. But don't wory, he can take care of himself in that regard.

If you see any posts that 'cross the line', be sure to click on the 'report' button to notify the admins.
AustinFan
Outside of DRock going premenopausal on us for a couple days, and our resident trolls, I have no complaints, Goo. Always expect a little heat on a MB, especially when times are rough and people get cynical and discouraged. But this ain't the TOB, where bad behavior is the norm, conformity is required, and cowards hide behind assumed names to throw insults.

Remember that I'm always right and I never lie.

Phits
QUOTE(xsv @ Dec 14 2006, 10:03 AM) [snapback]96899[/snapback]
If you see any posts that 'cross the line', be sure to click on the 'report' button to notify the admins.

Professor X...Does this qualify as crossing the line?

QUOTE(AustinFan @ Dec 14 2006, 10:24 AM) [snapback]96903[/snapback]

I have my mouse pointer ready to click "report"
Pila
For the life of me I can't figure out why AF ruffles so many feathers. How he got an entire cyber populace to hate him to the point of forcing a message board to split is just completely mind boggling still.

Alright - so he's a little "Cliffy". I think that’s all part of his charm. I guess I just don’t get it.

Força AF!

Phits
QUOTE(Pila @ Dec 14 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]96913[/snapback]

Alright - so he's a little "Cliffy" I think that’s all part of his charm. I guess I just don’t get it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
vermeilman
QUOTE(Pila @ Dec 14 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]96913[/snapback]

For the life of me I can't figure out why AF ruffles so many feathers. How he got an entire cyber populace to hate him to the point of forcing a message board to split is just completely mind boggling still.

Alright - so he's a little "Cliffy". I think that’s all part of his charm. I guess I just don’t get it.

Força AF!

Any username who hates another username is a username in need of serious username psychotherapy.
Pila
Oh, shaddap!
D Rock
QUOTE(AustinFan @ Dec 14 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]96903[/snapback]

Outside of DRock going premenopausal on us for a couple days, and our resident trolls, I have no complaints, Goo. Always expect a little heat on a MB, especially when times are rough and people get cynical and discouraged. But this ain't the TOB, where bad behavior is the norm, conformity is required, and cowards hide behind assumed names to throw insults.

nyah nyah nyah

tongue.gif

You STILL can't admit you were wrong about McCoy.

Just because I too appreciate your efforts here for the most part, doesn't mean I'm not going to call you (or anyone else) out when blatantly wrong. ESPECIALLY when one seems so reticent accept they're capable of the occassional mis read on a player.

biggrin.gif

All that said, I am also a 10 year poster with most of ya'll here. From Rivals to TOB to (what I hope is) our final destination for cyber discussion of our Eagles. I'm here simply because this is where I can find "the best of em."

Happy Holidays Bitches.

cheers.gif
vermeilman
QUOTE(Pila @ Dec 14 2006, 11:44 AM) [snapback]96919[/snapback]

Oh, shaddap!

tongue.gif
igglesblogman
QUOTE(D Rock @ Dec 14 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]96922[/snapback]
All that said, I am also a 10 year poster with most of ya'll here. From Rivals to TOB to (what I hope is) our final destination for cyber discussion of our Eagles. I'm here simply because this is where I can find "the best of em."

10 years?!?!

You guys used to carve your comments onto stone tablets and pass them around?
xsv
Yeah, I say there's a good 20 or 30 of us here that go back that far.
D Rock
QUOTE(igglesblogman @ Dec 14 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]96924[/snapback]

10 years?!?!

You guys used to carve your comments onto stone tablets and pass them around?

We preferred smoke signals, but whatever you gotta do to get your message across will werk.

wink.gif
Pila
I just pissed in the bush and clawed tree bark to ge my message accross. I remember there was this one guy who only communicated to correct our pissing and clawing grammar. Even back then we had a spellsmack version of MD.
AustinFan
The grammer police.

They're everywhere.
Cowboyhater
Here's to ten more years with the same group of posters. cheers.gif

One of the reasons I left TOB was all the name calling and posts getting run off topic with personal agendas.
Sandor
QUOTE(xsv @ Dec 14 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]96926[/snapback]

Yeah, I say there's a good 20 or 30 of us here that go back that far.

Has it been 10 years since the collapse of the Rhodes Dynasty? blink.gif
Flying Dutchman
Ten years ago, yeah. Hell I remember some of these guys from back BEFORE we went to Rivals.
magoo
QUOTE(Cowboyhater @ Dec 14 2006, 02:08 PM) [snapback]96945[/snapback]

Here's to ten more years with the same group of posters. cheers.gif
One of the reasons I left TOB was all the name calling and posts getting run off topic with personal agendas.

You hit the nail on the head, Cowboyhater! That's what started me off on my "Obie" campaign cuz he'd invariably divert an interesting football "thread" to some kinda self-aggrandizing, "inside", brown-nosing comment with his tailgate hierarchy friends. He NEVER! NEVER! once initiated a thought-provoking, football-related subject for group discusssion - jest hateful ridicule of the "outsiders" and total disregard for the interests of those out there in the remote hinterlands.

I guess, in retrospect, I DID implode by his CONSTANT vitriol, but to this day I truly believe that he, alone, changed the entire tenor of TOB with his daily barrage of hate and denigration which was condoned and accepted by his friends, the administrators.

His long-standing "by-line" tells it all ... sumphin to the effect that he has learned to cope with "ignorance" - presumably all of us collectively ... mine and yours!

'goo wacko.gif ac6.gif hunch.gif huh.gif
magoo
QUOTE(AustinFan @ Dec 14 2006, 09:24 AM) [snapback]96903[/snapback]

Nah! AF! DRock, and particularly Zero, are good guys! Jest, like most of us, they're "different"! And, like all of us, they're die-hard, long-suffering, "tried and true" Iggles fans. Don't EVER lose sight of that!

Knowing now, after sixty-five years, that NO ONE on this board CAN be more discouraged than I am about this year's self-distruction. I won't survive another "rebuilding cycle", so I never WILL see my beloved Iggles in a SuperBowl game! Pretty gawdam disheartening, dontcha know?!

But I STILL hope youse guys WILL! All OF YOUSE! TOGETHER! So, like Jack Benny usta yell at "Rochester", "NOW CUT THAT OUT!!

PEACE!

'goo wub.gif ac6.gif

Sandor
QUOTE(Flying Dutchman @ Dec 14 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback]96960[/snapback]

Ten years ago, yeah. Hell I remember some of these guys from back BEFORE we went to Rivals.

Yeah I remember the bizzare world we had back then that was the Phillynews Eagles forum.

Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE(AustinFan @ Dec 14 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]96941[/snapback]

The grammer police.

They're everywhere.

Shouldn't that be ... them's everywhere ?
xsv
Not even close. biggrin.gif
Phits
QUOTE(magoo @ Dec 14 2006, 06:31 PM) [snapback]96963[/snapback]

Nah! AF! DRock, and particularly Zero, are good guys! Jest, like most of us, they're "different"! And, like all of us, they're die-hard, long-suffering, "tried and true" Iggles fans. Don't EVER lose sight of that!

Knowing now, after sixty-five years, that NO ONE on this board CAN be more discouraged than I am about this year's self-distruction. I won't survive another "rebuilding cycle", so I never WILL see my beloved Iggles in a SuperBowl game! Pretty gawdam disheartening, dontcha know?!

But I STILL hope youse guys WILL! All OF YOUSE! TOGETHER! So, like Jack Benny usta yell at "Rochester", "NOW CUT THAT OUT!!

PEACE!

'goo wub.gif ac6.gif

Are you going somewhere 'Goo?? Don't you know 65 is the new 30?
magoo
QUOTE(Phits @ Dec 14 2006, 10:07 PM) [snapback]96998[/snapback]

Are you going somewhere 'Goo?? Don't you know 65 is the new 30?

Yep! Phits! But 82 ain't 65 ... particularly not with plastic in my ears, eye-balls, mouth and up my nose-holes!
Can't walk, drive or fuck ... TOTALLY alone with my mangy cat in this here forty-year-old "wheeled grotto"in Woody Zerbe's "trailer trash" "Veterans Vista By The Sweetie", or nuthin any male human bein use ta pride themselves in. Despite this fuckin "air-hose" umbilical tube I gotta drag around, I'm still smokin two packs of butts daily ... figger they got me through three fuckin wars and TWO acrimonious divorces (would you BELIEVE) with the same "shrew" (who's now VERY comfortably enjoying half of my pensions while shacked up with our town embezzler). ADD to all that these here 65 fucking frustrating years rooting fer these fucking Iggles! So since they're the ONLY constant companions I ever had, me and my fuckin "BUTTS" will go down together! ("THAT'S WHAT'S BOTHERING ME, BUNKY")!

Luv yez ALL!

'goo ac6.gif blah.gif huh.gif wub.gif hunch.gif boohoo.gif cheers.gif wacko.gif

eagleaddict
I don't mind the poor grammar, but the spelling really stings sometimes. I lurked on TOB for about 6 months before stumbling upon this one. It was a slow news day on TOB. I never posted on TOB because I never felt comfortable. I often read attacks on individuals with "subpar" football knowledge and was truly intimidated. I was not going to let those pricks get the best of me. On this board, I have no hesitation to post and I have learned a lot from you old farts around here. Thanks and happy holidays!

EA
bullwinkle
QUOTE(Pila @ Dec 14 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]96913[/snapback]

Força AF!

He got 2-3 people to hate them there, and another half dozen or so of their drinking buddiesd to stick up for him. The 2-3 that hated him hardly ever talk about football. The other half dozen or so seldom put together more than 2-3 sentences on football at a time and are annoyed at those who do. To them, the board is a platform to make their personal lives the center of attention. And they resented anyone who tried turning it into a football message board. If you look at the board today, you will see, that even in a midst of our desparate, but exciting efforts to make the playoffs, the vast majority of the posts are non-football. And that is how they want their board to be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.