Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: one of the things i would like to
Eagles Forum > Forum Administration > Technical Help and Forum Suggestions
Wingspan
is just the overall desention, and the feeling that others are lesser than some. and i think one of the things that lead to it is "confidential to" posts. it's obvious that everyone read them anyways. but i dont think they are needed here

with the obvious upgrade to the software, if you do have a "confidential" post to someone, you can just use the message feature here. (which is great and incredibly handy)

it just seemed to me that at the the confidential posts left people out...if you have something private. i am not saying put a ban on anything...but i think that feature should be made more known to the posters. so that everyone knows the features.

this place looks as though it's off to a good start.

D Rock
I'll buy that.

Makes some sense to me and I have used and do like the private message feature.

rjohns02
I disagree. While I understand we want to avoid any problems from Igglephans, I think banning things like this would be going a bit overboard.

Personally, I enjoy the concept of the "confidential to" posts. Just a way of getting a person's attention, without having to send a covert message, all secret-like.

Anyway, it's just my opinion, but I don't think they're a problem.
Sandor
QUOTE (Wingspan @ Apr 26 2004, 09:24 PM)
is just the overall desention, and the feeling that others are lesser than some. and i think one of the things that lead to it is "confidential to" posts. it's obvious that everyone read them anyways. but i dont think they are needed here

with the obvious upgrade to the software, if you do have a "confidential" post to someone, you can just use the message feature here. (which is great and incredibly handy)

it just seemed to me that at the the confidential posts left people out...if you have something private. i am not saying put a ban on anything...but i think that feature should be made more known to the posters. so that everyone knows the features.

this place looks as though it's off to a good start.

I always thought the "Confidential to..." posts were sort of funny.
Come on now, who posts confidential material on a bulietin board laugh.gif

I threw out a "Confidential to..." post today; to twenty or so people. tongue.gif
It was an inside joke that became public domain. Don't sweat the details.
Wingspan
QUOTE (rjohns02 @ Apr 26 2004, 05:39 PM)
I disagree. While I understand we want to avoid any problems from Igglephans, I think banning things like this would be going a bit overboard.

Personally, I enjoy the concept of the "confidential to" posts. Just a way of getting a person's attention, without having to send a covert message, all secret-like.

Anyway, it's just my opinion, but I don't think they're a problem.

oh. i wouldnt want anything banned at all...just make the feature known...thats all.
rjohns02
Whoa, I just discovered the "Fast Reply" button...this is sweet!

Wing, I just re-read your post...my bad, I didn't read it very well the first time. I gotcha now.
D Rock
Fast reply?

Whatsat?

Do tell.
rjohns02
At the bottom of the thread, right next to the "Add Reply" button.

Instead of taking you to a separate page to type your reply, it just pops a little text box right below the post.

It doesn't have all the text formatting stuff of the normal reply page, but I don't use that anyway.

Good stuff!
wizardsandwars
Also, in your personally settings, you can set it so that the fast reply box is alwyas there, so you don't have to click anything to type in it.

like I said, this forum is loaded with all of the modern forum features the old board is lacking.
Eyrie
I'm with Sandor - I like the irony of the "Confidential to" posts.

BTW, there was a pm feature on the old board, but I don't know how often it was used. Certainly not as obvious as the one here.
wizardsandwars
In my opinion, the best thing about the PM system here is that when you get a PM, a pop-up window comes up, similar to an IM.

Also, you can configure your personal settings so that if you are not on the board, you get an email when you receive a PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.