Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I would like to make a suggestion
Eagles Forum > Forum Administration > Technical Help and Forum Suggestions
philfan
I think that the Eagles talk and the Off Topic talk should be combined on the same board heading. I think that is what will liven up coversations on everything. Closing out and switching from board to board on here makes it more difficult to participate in several different disscussions at once.
wizardsandwars
I'm not so sure.

I think that the people that wnat to read mostly Eagles related stuff have a difficult time wading through all of the off topic stuff.

The way it is currently set up, though, offers the best of both worlds. If you'd like to see all of the topics together, simply use the "View New Posts" link at the top right of each page.

Additionally, you can elect to be notified by email when someone subscribes to a specific topic of your chosing, or to any topic your posted in.

As an admin on the old forum, one of my biggest peeves was contantly having to remove all of hte political and religeos posts. This at least offers a place for that. To be honest, that's really the only thing that I think needs to be seperated into a different forum. Regular off topic stuff can go into the main forum.

Let me know if this makes any sense.
Wingspan
i agree with w&w here...i like the split format...it's not that hard to use the menu on the bottom and switch back and forth.

but then again, i post on another board that uses the same feature and have gotten used to it.
philfan
That's no problem if the political and religion stuff is kept to the other boards. Just other wacky off topic stuff I think deserves a place with the main topics. Personally, I never minded wading through off topics to find something Eagles related. In slow times, it keeps the main board enteraining when nothing is going on with the team and the dead horse has been beaten to glue, then the glue has been beaten back to horse.
wizardsandwars
Don't forget to try out the 'view New Posts' in the upper right hand corner of all screens.

For people that like to see all topics together, that works best.

Like I said, slightly off topic, or short brief off topics I think are fine in the main Footbal board. But when topics and continuously bumped to the top of the page, it's frustrating to people looking for Eagles information to have to wade through it all. We received lots of complaints on the old board about this, and I'd like to at least try to accomodate everyone here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.