Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All The King's Horses and All the King's Men
Eagles Forum > Off Topic Forums > Pissing in the Wind
AustinFan
Do you get it now Boca? There has never been any sincere interest in reconciliation. If you want to post there, ignore "Wangnuts suck" and use a different name and start over.

As far as I can tell there are only four Eagle fan boards outside of the EMB:

http://www.philaphans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4

Eaglestalk
http://www.concretefield.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0

Igglephans
http://www.igglephans.com/

And this board. Igglephans gets the most hits, but most of the traffic there is nonfootball, basically it's the same 15 guys bullshitting to each other all day on various topics. It's a social club, and it's their social club. IE took away the post counter because it made this too obvious (when his friends have more posts than all other posters combined). That's pretty normal for all the boards, there's always a small group that posts more than the rest.

The EMB gets ten times more traffic than all these boards combined, but there are only a few posters who know anything about football, and they focus on a few strings called "blogs" and pretty much avoid all the background noise. But those few are the most knowledgeable guys I've found, and I steal their stuff (especially GOEAGLES99, but there's probably about a dozen who actually watch the games). There's a couple knowledgeable guys at Eaglestalk, not so much at Philaphans (though the Flyers board is the only one I've found outside of Hockeysfuture). Almost no one at Igglesphan knows much about football, they're opinionated but not informed. I can go to the EMB and get the same content from 14 year olds, expressed in similar fashion.

I like the atmosphere here, bunch of guys who really like football, like anywhere a few who get their jollies trying to yank everyone's chain, but the rules keep everything from getting out of hand. If I want to talk to children, or adults acting like children, I can go to the EMB or read Igglephans. I could post an alias on Igglephans anytime, IE has no idea what my new ISPs are, but why would I? Frankly, other than Slag (who as far as I know is not duplicitous and is witty) and maybe a couple others, no one is left there that I'd be interested in talking to.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
I have to agree with you.

The experience of the w/end helped me to come to realize that to participate at TOB one has to buy into IG's personal hatred of you, OB's personal hatred of Goo, and IE's personal hatred of Eyrie/xsv. There is really no loss in leaving those 3 individuals behind, and those like Diggle, RSE, and a few others who "mouth piece" the "party line" in a collective endorsement of support for the personal feelings. And although I can fully accept that IG, OB and IE have every right to choose to feel whatever they feel, I cannot stomach their implied "take sides" attitude or fuck off wangnutz suck.

So it is now easy for me to accept there is very little to gain by being associated with TOB when it is predominanetly framed with that collective culture which has NOTHING to do with being an Eagles fan.

And I thank you for providing the info about the other boards.

I like this board, but I also find it lacking in my brand of humor. So I do look for somewhere to shoot the shit about non Eagles stuff in between the Eagles stuff. Just like I would at the Parrot Lounge on any given Sunday during the season.

I hope someday I can make it to a Wingheads tailgate and get the chance to hang out with the other social outcasts like myself and catch a game at the linc.

AustinFan
Well, I'm trying to get XSV to loosen up, we can be outrageous without being assholes, the two are not necessarily the same, only in some places. PITB should be limited to really provocative crap, like these strings, but the football forum should be wide open otherwise, though I won't tolerate the kind of trashing that Sellen got on the TOB, there's good fun and then there' just being a schmuck.

I miss the fun on the TOB, but it degenerated into an asshole forum, where it became oneupmanship on how nasty and stupid you could be, and it really hasn't progressed much since it fell into the muck. On the other hand things are too staid here, and the admins tend to be too overly sensitive to PC shit, so maybe a happy medium could be found?
mike quick
QUOTE(AustinFan @ Aug 21 2006, 12:07 PM) [snapback]80740[/snapback]

Well, I'm trying to get XSV to loosen up, we can be outrageous without being assholes, the two are not necessarily the same, only in some places. PITB should be limited to really provocative crap, like these strings, but the football forum should be wide open otherwise, though I won't tolerate the kind of trashing that Sellen got on the TOB, there's good fun and then there' just being a schmuck.

I miss the fun on the TOB, but it degenerated into an asshole forum, where it became oneupmanship on how nasty and stupid you could be, and it really hasn't progressed much since it fell into the muck. On the other hand things are too staid here, and the admins tend to be too overly sensitive to PC shit, so maybe a happy medium could be found?
thats one of the things about this place... its somewhat stiff. I know im just a new guy but I think it could be more fun around here if things were a bit looser. Regardless, I'll keep comming back whatever happens because people here actually talk eagles football, and that's what im after in the end. I frequent alot of message boards (25+) for various things, but when im looking for eagles news and opinions i come here first.
xsv
QUOTE(mike quick @ Aug 21 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]80741[/snapback]

thats one of the things about this place... its somewhat stiff. I know im just a new guy but I think it could be more fun around here if things were a bit looser. Regardless, I'll keep comming back whatever happens because people here actually talk eagles football, and that's what im after in the end. I frequent alot of message boards (25+) for various things, but when im looking for eagles news and opinions i come here first.

It's not the humor is prohibited in the forums, is just that you guys aren't that funny! blah.gif
mike quick
QUOTE(xsv @ Aug 21 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]80752[/snapback]

It's not the humor is prohibited in the forums, is just that you guys aren't that funny! blah.gif
I resemble that remark!!! tongue.gif
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE(xsv @ Aug 21 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]80752[/snapback]

If you'd post more avatars like that one, I'd could pretend to be funny !! ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.