Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Confidential to Boca
Eagles Forum > Off Topic Forums > Pissing in the Wind
rarefungus
Hey John.
We met a few year's back at the Parrot in Ft. Lauderdale. (My username was FatMike back then). I've been in Tampa for the past 4 years. I've always been more of a lurker than an active poster, and I'm still one of the few that goes back and forth between the two boards.

I saw your recent post on TOB and was pissed off at the treatment you got. You've always come across as a nice guy and an enthusiastic eagles fan (not to mentiona ladies man, making the gay accusation even more laughable).

Anyhoo, just thought I'd let you know who I am.

Cheers! cheers.gif
Buddy
The Ladies Man...

Should we be calling him Leon?!
Buddysballs
Wingheads has a mail system.. you can mail anyone you want.. do we really need off topic "confidential to" posts?
Tileguybob
John,
Forget them and dont apologize for anything, they only view that as weakness and turn up the dial on the ridicule and scorn. Just hang out here and analyze the X's and O's of the Eagles games. I come here to pick up on things I missed in the game and I feel the guys here give a well rounded account of what happened, as well as what the latest from the rumor mill is. Its really no different than what I used to do at the weekly tailgate and up in 752 before the game started. I am an Eagle fan, not a sopa opera junkie.

rarefungus
Do I really need your critique about my very first post on this board? Nope.

A friendly "heads up" would have been appreciated. No wonder everybody thinks you're an asshole.

xsv
Kicking this over to the PITW forum.
Phits
QUOTE(rarefungus @ Aug 20 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]80550[/snapback]

A friendly "heads up" would have been appreciated. No wonder everybody thinks you're an asshole.

Now that's funny....Welcome aboard "Mr Fungi"...Phits the name, talking sh*ts my game
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Greetings FartMike,

Glad to hear you're still around, I wondered what ever happened to you. Glad to hear you're still in Florida and I hope all is well with you and family.

Now that I have NFL Ticket I don't get to the Parrot all that often. I prefer to get some food and beer in and watch from the comfort of home and not have to worry about any drink/drive episode either nor pay for parking either !!!.

It's great you're in Tampa. I hope you'll get to the game there this year. A few of my friends from Philly area living in S.Fl tried to get tix but they sold out in no time. So if you hear of any extra tix being made available I'd be grateful if you'd let me know. The scalping prices are through the roof.

Did you know there's a Tampadelphia Eagles fan club there? That's where I stold my handle from. Maybe you've already discovered them, my understanding is they are a very active group and good to know.

As far as the episode with TOB I guess I asked for trouble just by sticking my nose in where it wasn't asked, so I take full responsibility for that. I can't expect them to change their spots, the feelings run very deep and very bad over there and it really clouds their judgement so I should have realized that and acted accordingly.

Thanks for raising your hand to say Hi, I appreciate that .... enjoy this season, I think (hope) it's going to be an excitging one.

D Rock
QUOTE(rarefungus @ Aug 20 2006, 02:23 PM) [snapback]80550[/snapback]

Hey, I like this guy.

And I think I remember the handle FatMike.

Welcome.

rarefungus
I've secured tickets for the Bucs/ Eagles game...I'll let you know (via email of course) if I can get a hold of any more.

The Tampadelphia group is great! They use a hotel bar right down the street from me as a home base. All Eagles, free munchies, halftime raffle, the works.

My job is exhausting and time consuming (high school teacher) so I don't post all that often. I'm a dedicated lurker though, I treat the boards as a source of information more than a source of comeraderie.
Good to know yer still around as well.

Cheers!
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE(rarefungus @ Aug 20 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]80633[/snapback]

I've secured tickets for the Bucs/ Eagles game...I'll let you know (via email of course) if I can get a hold of any more.

The Tampadelphia group is great! They use a hotel bar right down the street from me as a home base. All Eagles, free munchies, halftime raffle, the works.

My job is exhausting and time consuming (high school teacher) so I don't post all that often. I'm a dedicated lurker though, I treat the boards as a source of information more than a source of comeraderie.
Good to know yer still around as well.

Cheers!

Mike,

Mighty glad you hooked up with the Tampadelphia group.

And hey, if you might be able to let me know how I can get a few tix that would be great ... thanks for even suggesting it ...

cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.