Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cowards from TOB
Eagles Forum > Off Topic Forums > Pissing in the Wind
Bocadelphia Eagles John
My fellow posters, I must apologize to you for my ill advised desire to post some football stuff at TOB. In attempting to, I put my nose into a post which mentioned Wangnutz, and got embroiled with IG and Diggle and then somebody called Tastycake who is an administor I presume.

In the course of some heated exchanges it was claimed that I was telling lies. I denied that I had lied, because I did not lie. Tastycake called me a liar directly, as did others including JCuz. I then challenged Tastycake to prove I was a liar with a promise to apologize and make amends if his claim about me was proved to be true.

My posts were erased and Tastycake wrote he did not have to prove anything.

So there you have it. This group of people can call you a liar and erase your posts and not give any proof that you are a liar, even when you promise to make amends if it can be shown you have, in fact, lied.

I can think of nothing more despicable than that which happened today. This kind of act, when you think about it, is reminiscent of what took place in Nazi Germany. I can think of no other comparison to make.

I am afraid that this episode today will only serve to intensify the bad feelings eminating from that mean spiritied, totally dishonest and cowardly group of people at TOB as typified by the likes of Diggle, IG, Tastycake and JCuz.

That is one sick group of individuals over there and I wanted to let you know that I might not have done any good for the reputation of this place by my choice to post there under the handle of beer2theworld. I used that handle because my original one of Boca John is blocked.

Wow. What a wierd experience this was, crazy, literally, genuinely crazy.

I apologize to all of you here.
Buddy
Boca, you, of all people should know...
you can always expect shit from an asshole! mad.gif

You my friend, were deep in the colon! ohmy.gif

Bocadelphia Eagles John
u got that right, and I didn't come out smelling like roses either.....

can't wait for football to start, real football I mean.

oh brother.

AustinFan
Boca, it's IE's board, IE can run it anyway he wants. If you post there, you do so on their sufferance, and disparaging this board is one of the rules of the clubhouse. Me, I just consider the source, nuff said.

Making comparisons to Nazi Germany, or North Korea for that matter, is going way over board. It's just a message board, no different in a sense than butting into a table of friends shooting the bull in a bar. You're taking it all WAAAY too seriously.

Me, I like to drink with adults who are capable of intelligent, witty conversation, but many like to hang out with overgrown HS jocks and frat boy types - each to his own. The Cyberworld has plenty of room.
D Rock
I have been posting on eagles message boards for 10+ years.

I can honestly say I have never come across two bigger cock suckers than JCuz and diggle. (period)

And that includes buddyballs who's no slouch in his own right when it comes to cock suckerishness.

wink.gif blink.gif
bullwinkle
Boca, that group of people are some of the most childish adults I have ever met.

Diggle has no history with the people here that used to post at TOB. But he acts like has has 40 years. I believe he does it to kiss IG's ass.

I'll bet you a dollar that Tastykakes is Iron Eagle. And Iron Eagle owns the board. At times he will put on a martyr act because he pays for the bandwidth. But whenever anyone else offers to help him with the cost, he turns it down.

I can't imagine how these people can be functional in real life when they are so obnoxious when they are on the board. It was a mistake for me to associate with them in the first place. They severed that association by revoking my ID. But I think it was one of the best things that ever happened to me. My blood pressure is way down.

PS
The email I sent out conacting people on TOB did not ask anyone to leave TOB. It only requested that they consider posting some at another board. There were popular people ho were banned from TOB. And I thought people at TOB had the right to know where they went.
AustinFan
PS, I didn't mean to imply that everyone on this board is intelligent and witty, there are a few exceptions. You know who you are!

And even at the TOB, there are a few, I wouldn't mind having a drink with and an intellectual duel, or just a good BS session.

But I don't have much use for people whose conversations consist of insults and grunts, or those who post merely to yank my chain. And I've got to deal with duplicitous lawyers for a living, don't need that two faced crap in my spare time.

Unfortunately in Cyberspace, it's difficult to get one of those ex-NFl guys in a black T-shirt to screen the line before letting them in the club, and even worse, there are few foxy babes!
Eyrie
Boca, I remember you having the same problem a while back when you wanted to know about the split. We gave you honest answers to your questions and they gave you abuse for even asking.

I don't know why they remain so obsessed with hating Wingheads after all this time.
Phits
I know i am probably butting my nose into a place it doesn't belong...but what is a TOB?? why do they hate us[if I am considerd "us"] and why don't we get along? >should i be concerned over the misc. bullet that penetrated my office window and pierced the comp. screen?< [just joking]
xsv
I know i am probably butting my nose into a place it doesn't belong...but what is a TOB?? why do they hate us[if I am considerd "us"] and why don't we get along? >should i be concerned over the misc. bullet that penetrated my office window and pierced the comp. screen?< [just joking]

Check the about link at the top of the page.
AustinFan
Having been at the center of events, and partially responsible for some of the acrimony, the version posted above is as probably as close to the truth as you'll get from anyone. You'll read a lot of crap about "betrayal" etc from the TOB, but here are some basic facts:

1. The other board is OWNED and run by IronEagle, who's also the administrator, IGGLEPHANS. The other administrators are his friends, and they censor anything they don't like, without informing the board they've done so. So the only version of events you'll get there is one they collectively accept. You'll also notice a lot of handles over there - because if you're part of their group you can post under numerous aliases. We don't allow that because it allows for anonymous attacks on people and other two faced behavior that was common at the TOB.

2. A number of posters from the TOB have been blocked, because they came here not to engage in dialogue, but to be deliberately disruptive. I have no problem with anyone there posting here, but they're used to an environment where they can attack anyone they like, as viciously as they like (since the admins are their friends, and only censor responses they don't like), and that's not considered acceptable over here. As much as I personnally detest a few people there, I would not object to them posting here as long as they played by our rules.

3. If you want to post on both boards, my advice would be to use a different handle there, they tend to see people who post on both boards as "traitors" or something worse. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

4. As irritating as BB and VM are to some people here, as long as they don't cross the line, we have to tolerate them or be exposed as hypocrites. Remember, it's a message board, people have the right to be irritating or obnoxious, you have the right to ignore them.
xsv
To be fair, I feel obligated to clear a few things up regarding Austinfan's comments.

First of all, Austinfan is not an admin or moderator here. His statemnts are those of a regular member and poster here, and his thoughts and statements are not neccisarily those of the admin or moderating team here at Wingheads.com

You'll also notice a lot of handles over there - because if you're part of their group you can post under numerous aliases. We don't allow that because it allows for anonymous attacks on people and other two faced behavior that was common at the TOB.

That's not entirely true. While we try to moderate heavily when it comes to personal attacks on other regular posters, it is possible to have more than one login.

A number of posters from the TOB have been blocked, because they came here not to engage in dialogue, but to be deliberately disruptive.

While there are a number of posters and IP ranges blocked from the server, no TOB members were specfically targetted. Only posters that caused trouble here, and/or were involved in suspicious activity (attempts to embedd malicious code, I'm sure you all remember the recent virus issues)) were banned. In the latter case, we banned by IP range, and in this case, it is possible some innocent guest may have been banned as well. Anyone who feels they are inappropriately banned is free to contact our admins or moderators, which is exactly what it states on the page displayed to those that are banned, as well as a means to do so.

As irritating as BB and VM are to some people here, as long as they don't cross the line, we have to tolerate them or be exposed as hypocrites. Remember, it's a message board, people have the right to be irritating or obnoxious, you have the right to ignore them.

This is a pretty good point, IMO.

AustinFan
So I could post as IronyEagle or ObliviousGeorge?

Don't tempt me!
Cowboyhater
QUOTE(AustinFan @ Aug 20 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]80606[/snapback]

So I could post as IronyEagle or ObliviousGeorge?

Don't tempt me!

Or as the Frau and mention how you are lonelier than a Maytag repairman blink.gif
DLDoan
Tastykake, I believe, is Diggle.

How does one put a title on a reply?

Good evening all.
Elvis
I usually try to stay out of these inter-board things. But...I do want to mention something that caught my eye yesterday.

I read the "about" section for the first time yesterday - I think that's what the section is called. It basically relates the history of this board.

Two things struck me:

1.) Why is there a need to tell that history AT ALL? If the aim is to get new members...just post a welcome message, inform them that the Redskins suck, and leave it at that. The history section, to me, seems aimed at people who are already here - to somehow justify things in their own mind. If I were a new user looking for a place to talk about the Eagles...I wold be totally baffled by the information presented there.

2.) There is a mention to the desire to create a new board for "Arlington Fan and his defenders." To me, that DOES suggest that this board is somehow about AF...and that the people who post here either endorse him in someway or are his proteges. I don't, and I'm not. I think a second look should be taken at that language.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE(Elvis @ Aug 21 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]80717[/snapback]

1.) Why is there a need to tell that history

2.) There is a mention to the desire to create a new board for "Arlington Fan and his defenders." To me, that DOES suggest that this board is somehow about AF...and that the people who post here either endorse him in someway or are his proteges. I don't, and I'm not. I think a second look should be taken at that language.

I guess the about is there because so many people keep asking about it. Just as Barb did only yesterday on TOB.

There is a connection between this board and AF. You'd have to have been there at the time to know about this, but AF was taking all kinds of abuse, excessive abuse from a handfull of people at TOB. Some moderators there and a LOT of posters there too, were stunned by it all and were lobbying for calmer waters. Iron Eagle wanted AF off of their board and a lot of people here didn't go along with that because it was singling out one person simply for his opinions, which were not controversial. The stuff got PERSONAL.

And a lot us, me included, were uncomfortable with it getting personal. It went too far.

So fast forward to today, and here we are.

I do not hold myself out to be an AF supporter or protege either. But that does not mean I could tolerate excessive personal attacks on him or anyone else for that matter. It's a "culture" kind of thing if you ask for my opinion about it.
Facemask

1.) Why is there a need to tell that history AT ALL? If the aim is to get new members...just post a welcome message, inform them that the Redskins suck, and leave it at that. The history section, to me, seems aimed at people who are already here - to somehow justify things in their own mind. If I were a new user looking for a place to talk about the Eagles...I wold be totally baffled by the information presented there.

Your points are well taken.

But I'll try to answer.

1.) For two reasons I can think of. One, alot of people have only heard one side of the story, and as I'm sure you'll agree, there are always two sides to every story. This was a way to provide our side in a harmless fashion (so as not to let it dominate the football discussion). Second, we are frequently asked what happned. If you looked through the history of our site, you'll see that every so often a new defector from that site comes here, innocently decides that they that want to 'uncover th truth', asks a million questions, and stirs up the whole thing again. We had hoped this was a way to put an end to all of the discussion about arguments that happened two and a half years ago to rest.

2.) If you read the history, then you're aware that the 'desire to create a new board for Arlington Fan and his defenders' actually originated there. They decided they didn't like AF's copy and paste posting stlye, or the frequency of his posts, and wanted to kick him off the board, not by banning him, but by anonomously humiliating and ridiculing him into submission. When some of the then admins didn't agree with the approach,
they suggested that a new board be set up.

I'm closing this thread, I think we've all had enough. Feel free to contact a moderator via email or PM if you have more questions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.