IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Real benefit of Bennett deal, are in the next two years more than this one
Birdwatcher
post Mar 8 2018, 02:28 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

I really like Vinny Curry, but he is not worth the contract they gave him after 2014. By signing Bennett and releasing/trading Curry they not only get a cheaper and better player this year, they cut at least 25 mil from the cap over the next 3 years based on Curry's contract numbers. Bennett has three years left on his deal, but after this year no guaranteed money and no cap hit if they cut him loose. Though many say Howie played this to win it all again this year, the deal says he is looking forward at the same time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 8 2018, 02:49 PM
Post #2

Zero retired

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 8 2018, 02:28 PM) *
Though many say Howie played this to win it all again this year, the deal says he is looking forward at the same time.

Especially because apparently there's no guaranteed money after this year.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Mar 8 2018, 02:50 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 8 2018, 02:28 PM) *
I really like Vinny Curry, but he is not worth the contract they gave him after 2014. By signing Bennett and releasing/trading Curry they not only get a cheaper and better player this year, they cut at least 25 mil from the cap over the next 3 years based on Curry's contract numbers. Bennett has three years left on his deal, but after this year no guaranteed money and no cap hit if they cut him loose. Though many say Howie played this to win it all again this year, the deal says he is looking forward at the same time.

Agreed, a proven player is worth far more than a 5th rounder and a 4th string WR. We have the best D line in the league, without a doubt. I'm starting to think I could play CB for this team with the pressure we'll get - I'll take the league minimum Howie!

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 10:33 AM