IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- nephillymike   But, the bad side of Michael Bennett   Mar 7 2018, 10:20 PM
- - The Franchise   Yeah he's a dipshit - but I think we're pa...   Mar 8 2018, 12:09 AM
- - Joegrane   my guess is that the Eagles think their team leade...   Mar 8 2018, 12:37 AM
- - samaroo   QUOTE (The Franchise @ Mar 8 2018, 02:09 ...   Mar 8 2018, 01:03 AM
- - nephillymike   My son seems to remember Bennett getting into a Tw...   Mar 8 2018, 06:08 AM
|- - The Franchise   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 8 2018, 06:08 A...   Mar 8 2018, 02:42 PM
|- - samaroo   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 8 2018, 08:08 P...   Mar 10 2018, 08:22 PM
- - JeeQ   In the words of Andy Reid "He's going to ...   Mar 8 2018, 03:20 PM
|- - nephillymike   QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 8 2018, 03:20 PM) In th...   Mar 8 2018, 08:38 PM
|- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 8 2018, 08:38 P...   Mar 8 2018, 08:49 PM
|- - nephillymike   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 8 2018, 08:49 PM...   Mar 8 2018, 09:07 PM
- - Pbfan   Yeah there is no doubt the guy is racist against w...   Mar 10 2018, 09:14 PM
|- - samaroo   QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 11 2018, 11:14 AM) Yea...   Mar 10 2018, 10:34 PM
|- - nephillymike   QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 10 2018, 10:34 PM) W...   Mar 11 2018, 12:47 AM
|- - samaroo   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 11 2018, 02:47 ...   Mar 11 2018, 01:13 AM
|- - One   QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 11 2018, 01:13 AM) T...   Mar 11 2018, 07:30 AM
|- - Pila   QUOTE (One @ Mar 11 2018, 12:30 PM) Most ...   Mar 11 2018, 12:25 PM
|- - nephillymike   QUOTE (One @ Mar 11 2018, 07:30 AM) Most ...   Mar 11 2018, 01:17 PM
|- - One   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 11 2018, 01:17 ...   Mar 11 2018, 06:42 PM
|- - Pila   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 11 2018, 07:17 ...   Mar 11 2018, 06:55 PM
|- - nephillymike   QUOTE (Pila @ Mar 11 2018, 06:55 PM) I...   Mar 11 2018, 09:12 PM
|- - Pila   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2018, 03:12 ...   Mar 11 2018, 09:18 PM
- - samaroo   O, good post. Pila too. I agree with both. Mike...   Mar 11 2018, 06:47 PM
> But, the bad side of Michael Bennett, Here is an analysis of the cops racism incident
nephillymike
post Mar 7 2018, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Group: Members

You can read what Bennett said, see some video, and listen and watch.

Tough to watch.

Puts a little damper on the deal.

I heard a little about it when it happened but since he wasn't a guy I cheered for, it didn't concern me as much.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/las-vega...racism-charges/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Mar 8 2018, 12:09 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Yeah he's a dipshit - but I think we're past expecting choir boys to bring us rings. Just run, tackle, and stay out of legal trouble.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 8 2018, 12:37 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

my guess is that the Eagles think their team leadership--Jenkins, Cox, JPeters-- can keep him from being a problem.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 7 2018, 10:20 PM) *
You can read what Bennett said, see some video, and listen and watch.

Tough to watch.

Puts a little damper on the deal.

I heard a little about it when it happened but since he wasn't a guy I cheered for, it didn't concern me as much.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/las-vega...racism-charges/

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Mar 8 2018, 01:03 AM
Post #4

Village Idiot

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Mar 8 2018, 02:09 PM) *
Yeah he's a dipshit - but I think we're past expecting choir boys to bring us rings. Just run, tackle, and stay out of legal trouble.

Well, I agree to a point. Chip's "culture" was bullshit, and it produced bullshit. But this team has a culture (no quotes) that is producing tangible results on the field. I don't know if Bennett has it or not, but the FO and coaches have earned the benefit of the doubt from me on personnel, so I'm totally okay with it.

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Mar 8 2018, 06:08 AM
Post #5

My son seems to remember Bennett getting into a Twitter war with Jenkins where he called Jenkins and Uncle Tom. I don't normally follow those things closely. Has anyone else heard this?

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Mar 8 2018, 02:42 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 8 2018, 06:08 AM) *
My son seems to remember Bennett getting into a Twitter war with Jenkins where he called Jenkins and Uncle Tom. I don't normally follow those things closely. Has anyone else heard this?

I heard a couple players voice disapproval when Jenkins and others stopped protesting after the NFL threw some money at generic causes in late November. That game happened to be the Eagles vs. Seahawks in early December, where Bennett and others continued to sit. I doubt that kind of insult was used, or it would be all over the place.

On that note, I would assume Jenkins and others would try to convince Bennett to stand this year, for unity if nothing else. He may be used to the '12s' in their perfect acoustically designed stadium cheering 'loudly,' but he's not going to like Philly very much if he gets on the fans' bad side.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
JeeQ
post Mar 8 2018, 03:20 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

In the words of Andy Reid "He's going to be fine".

Not worried about his past. This locker room survived a white player proclaiming he wanted to beat up every nigger in here. Michael Bennett is a non-factor in comparison. He's outspoken, not stupid; and nothing opens your eyes up like being traded from your team.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Mar 8 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 8 2018, 03:20 PM) *
In the words of Andy Reid "He's going to be fine".

Not worried about his past. This locker room survived a white player proclaiming he wanted to beat up every nigger in here. Michael Bennett is a non-factor in comparison. He's outspoken, not stupid; and nothing opens your eyes up like being traded from your team.

Who said that in the locker room?

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Mar 8 2018, 08:49 PM
Post #9

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 8 2018, 08:38 PM) *
Who said that in the locker room?

as usual radical madness chimes in...

what reall happened was Riley Cooper said it at a Kenny Chesney concert....stupid for so many reasons....first the moronic racism of the comment...second, a Kenny Chesney concert could not be more white..lol

But hey....why not throw around some crazy to make Bennett seem normal.....and the comment came from the same guy who said that Reggie White wasn't any good until he went to Green Bay and was "motivated" so consider the source.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Mar 8 2018, 09:07 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 8 2018, 08:49 PM) *
as usual radical madness chimes in...

what reall happened was Riley Cooper said it at a Kenny Chesney concert....stupid for so many reasons....first the moronic racism of the comment...second, a Kenny Chesney concert could not be more white..lol

But hey....why not throw around some crazy to make Bennett seem normal.....and the comment came from the same guy who said that Reggie White wasn't any good until he went to Green Bay and was "motivated" so consider the source.

So it wasn't THIS locker room. It was a few years ago.

Ok, thought I missed something.

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Mar 10 2018, 08:22 PM
Post #11

Village Idiot

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 8 2018, 08:08 PM) *

I'm sure Jenkins was asked to weigh in on the decision to bring him in. Chris Long said they talked to him about it first. I'm sure that Jenkins has earned that level of respect from this FO.

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post
Pbfan
post Mar 10 2018, 09:14 PM
Post #12

Veteran

Yeah there is no doubt the guy is racist against whites...

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Mar 10 2018, 10:34 PM
Post #13

Village Idiot

QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 11 2018, 11:14 AM) *
Yeah there is no doubt the guy is racist against whites...

What?

From what I've been reading, he was a good dude for the most part in Seattle, in the locker room and the community. Here's what a Seahawks writer wrote about him leaving when asked:

I don’t know. I think Bennett is quiet and honest. Both of those qualities have pros and cons. He’s the best interview in the NFL, probably, because he is so honest. That also pisses off some people. There are fans who hate Bennett more than any other player in the league, including Eagles fans, I’m sure. They call him a “liar” over his Las Vegas incident. But he’s also charitable, respectful, and kind. I don’t have any reason to think otherwise. He does more for the community and for people than most players and most people. You’re getting a good person, but that might not always mean you’re getting a perfect locker room presence. Or maybe you are; it’s not like the Seahawks have been bad over the last five years -- and Bennett was a huge reason for their success.

From here: https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/3/...picks-2018-news

(I can't seem to add a link or a picture, hmm.)

Anyway, I've been reading mostly good things about him. The only negative, in fact, was the Las Vegas incident, but that seems to be the outlier, not the norm.

FWIW, I haven't followed him until he got traded here, so I'm a blank slate in that regard. He seems weird and quirky, but that seems to be the extent of it. And also, Chris Long vouches for him, so there's that.

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Mar 11 2018, 12:47 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 10 2018, 10:34 PM) *
What?

From what I've been reading, he was a good dude for the most part in Seattle, in the locker room and the community. Here's what a Seahawks writer wrote about him leaving when asked:

From here: https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/3/...picks-2018-news

(I can't seem to add a link or a picture, hmm.)

Anyway, I've been reading mostly good things about him. The only negative, in fact, was the Las Vegas incident, but that seems to be the outlier, not the norm.

FWIW, I haven't followed him until he got traded here, so I'm a blank slate in that regard. He seems weird and quirky, but that seems to be the extent of it. And also, Chris Long vouches for him, so there's that.

Is the Las Vegas thing not a big deal?

I would think, given the times we live in, that is a HUGE deal. Imagine what would happen if a white athlete lied the other way, and accused a minority of doing shit to a cop, and then had the cameras prove him wrong after the story was publicized with so many supporting his view.

That guy couldn't get a pro sports job playing marbles in this day. Seems to me, it is not right to sweep this under the rug given the reaction if it was the other way.

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Mar 11 2018, 01:13 AM
Post #15

Village Idiot

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 11 2018, 02:47 PM) *
Is the Las Vegas thing not a big deal?

I would think, given the times we live in, that is a HUGE deal. Imagine what would happen if a white athlete lied the other way, and accused a minority of doing shit to a cop, and then had the cameras prove him wrong after the story was publicized with so many supporting his view.

That guy couldn't get a pro sports job playing marbles in this day. Seems to me, it is not right to sweep this under the rug given the reaction if it was the other way.

The Las Vegas thing is a big deal, but it appears to be an isolated incident.

Seems to me, it is not right to sweep all of his other charitable contributions to society under the rug. The Las Vegas thing was a shock to me to read about, which I did after you posted a link to a story about it. I read up on it, and it sounds absolutely terrible. But I also read a bunch of other things about the guy, and the outlier seems to be the Las Vegas thing, not all the other stuff, that's all I'm saying.

And like I said, if Chris Long vouches for the guy, that says a lot to me.

Also, there are much worse things that have been done (and proven) by NFL players, black and white, that do get swept under the rug, on this team and others.

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 11 2018, 07:30 AM
Post #16

Zero retired

QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 11 2018, 01:13 AM) *
The Las Vegas thing is a big deal, but it appears to be an isolated incident.

Seems to me, it is not right to sweep all of his other charitable contributions to society under the rug. The Las Vegas thing was a shock to me to read about, which I did after you posted a link to a story about it. I read up on it, and it sounds absolutely terrible. But I also read a bunch of other things about the guy, and the outlier seems to be the Las Vegas thing, not all the other stuff, that's all I'm saying.

And like I said, if Chris Long vouches for the guy, that says a lot to me.

Also, there are much worse things that have been done (and proven) by NFL players, black and white, that do get swept under the rug, on this team and others.

Most everything I've heard about Bennett says he's a good guy. He's involved in the community in a positive way and he's good in the locker room. I agree Vegas is a one time deal, an outlier, but it's also a concern. Long vouching for him doesn't mean anything beyond that. Long is to be admired for what he does in the community and his charity work, just as Bennett should be, and that's a signal of their character but so is what Bennett did in Las Vegas. Neither completely defines the man, and sometimes we have to look beyond things we don't like (or agree with) in people ... athletes, neighbors, spouses, politicians ... everyone. There's both good and bad behind the curtain, and what we see is never all there is.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Mar 11 2018, 12:25 PM
Post #17

Eusbio

QUOTE (One @ Mar 11 2018, 12:30 PM) *
Most everything I've heard about Bennett says he's a good guy. He's involved in the community in a positive way and he's good in the locker room. I agree Vegas is a one time deal, an outlier, but it's also a concern. Long vouching for him doesn't mean anything beyond that. Long is to be admired for what he does in the community and his charity work, just as Bennett should be, and that's a signal of their character but so is what Bennett did in Las Vegas. Neither completely defines the man, and sometimes we have to look beyond things we don't like (or agree with) in people ... athletes, neighbors, spouses, politicians ... everyone. There's both good and bad behind the curtain, and what we see is never all there is.

That's precisely right. I have had moments in my life that in isolation for public scrutiny would tarnish my character and my value as a human being. I'm glad not to have been under the public eye in those moments.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Mar 11 2018, 01:17 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (One @ Mar 11 2018, 07:30 AM) *

It what was one the most if not his most visible chance to calm racial tensions , he , by his free will, chose to escalate them. With lies. Maybe someone with better research skills than I can find his apology. What if he incited a riot, where citizens or cops were killed? And we're accepting this guy as a leader? None other of our locker room leaders have done anything like this. It's a big deal.

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 11 2018, 06:42 PM
Post #19

Zero retired

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 11 2018, 01:17 PM) *
It what was one the most if not his most visible chance to calm racial tensions , he , by his free will, chose to escalate them. With lies. Maybe someone with better research skills than I can find his apology. What if he incited a riot, where citizens or cops were killed? And we're accepting this guy as a leader? None other of our locker room leaders have done anything like this. It's a big deal.

I know, and that's why I say it's concerning. But when you put all the pieces together it sounds like he's wrapped up in the wrong thing, listening to the wrong people. I also have to believe that after last year, especially when contrasted with the Kelly era, the Eagles are looking hard at those things in prospective players and believe he isn't a bad guy.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Mar 11 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #20

Village Idiot

O, good post. Pila too. I agree with both.

Mikey, I guess we don't see exactly eye-to-eye on this one. Yes, it's a big deal. But it's one of many big deals. Holding it in special scrutiny doesn't make sense in this context. It was a moment. The conscience decisions he makes regularly to contribute to his society and community far outweigh that one evening.

Or not. It's just my opinion.

Also, the Eagles won the Super Bowl, so who cares! cheers.gif

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post
Pila
post Mar 11 2018, 06:55 PM
Post #21

Eusbio

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 11 2018, 07:17 PM) *

I'd ask you to consider the following-

In Michael Bennett's mind, he didn't lie.

What he did was construct a reality of cognitive revisionism based on a variety of conditioning.

Someone who is a victim of racial bias may develop a propensity for cognitive entrapment, especially after a cycle of deliberation.

I think he was wrong here. But I'd be sensitive to a past experience that is likely to be less wrong, simply judging by my own.

Or, you can just dismiss that possibility. We're used to that too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Mar 11 2018, 09:12 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (Pila @ Mar 11 2018, 06:55 PM) *
I'd ask you to consider the following-

In Michael Bennett's mind, he didn't lie.

What he did was construct a reality of cognitive revisionism based on a variety of conditioning.

Someone who is a victim of racial bias may develop a propensity for cognitive entrapment, especially after a cycle of deliberation.

I think he was wrong here. But I'd be sensitive to a past experience that is likely to be less wrong, simply judging by my own.

Or, you can just dismiss that possibility. We're used to that too.

Pila, my friend, do me a favor on this one and dumb it down for me. Replace the $1.00 words with 50 cent ones and maybe I can follow.

I was out with friends and had a few so I can't understand my thesaurus at this moment. cool.gif

And another thing:

The Eagles Won the Fucking Super Bowl !

+Quote Post
Pila
post Mar 11 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #23

Eusbio

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2018, 03:12 AM) *
And another thing:

The Eagles Won the Fucking Super Bowl !

That's really the only thesaurus necessary! Lol

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2018 - 03:55 PM