IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Howie Trade Math, This is a thing of beauty
nephillymike
post Mar 7 2018, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Group: Members

Once upon a time, we had a once promising backup OL who stunk up the joint and Don Howie was able to trade him to a very good team that had a piss poor OL, the Seattle Seahawks.

That trade:

Tobin and a 7th round pick for SEA 5th round pick.

Now, fast forward a year. We have a WR who was an UDFA, that was a practice squad player in 2016, who played really well in 2017 camp and preseason. He had some promise. During the year, the bloom was off the rose, such that he lost the 5th WR job to a 5th round draft pick who couldn't catch a cold. We also have a grossly over paid DE who was asked to redo his deal and talks stalled. What does Don Howie do?

M. Johnson and that 5th round pick for Michael Bennett and that 7th round pick.

The two trades combined:

Bennett and a 7th and a 5th for Tobin and M. Johnson, and a 7th and a 5th

Eliminate common things from both sides of the equation and you get:

Bennett for M. Tobin and M. Johnson!!!

Are you kidding me?

All hail Don Howie! bowdown.gif

Now, I do have some character concerns with Bennett that I need to look into. But, he also plays very well as a pass rushing DT. He can take Curry's snaps and some DT snaps to ease the loss of Beau Allen. Bennett plays the run very very well.

Tobin probably wouldn't have made last year's team, and since Johnson couldn't beat out Gibson, he was no shoe in to make next year's team.

Don Howie got Michael Bennett for those two bottom of the roster guys.

jumpclap.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Mar 7 2018, 09:01 PM
Post #2

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Reactions.

Sounds good.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/3/...tle-draft-picks

+Quote Post
JeeQ
post Mar 7 2018, 09:24 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

A motivated Bennett is Top 10 in his position and I think that's what we'll be getting. He's going to feel shunned by Seattle, he already hates the league, and he's going to the current defending Super Bowl champions.

That last part felt really good to say

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Mar 7 2018, 10:27 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 7 2018, 08:54 PM) *
Once upon a time, we had a once promising backup OL who stunk up the joint and Don Howie was able to trade him to a very good team that had a piss poor OL, the Seattle Seahawks.

That trade:

Tobin and a 7th round pick for SEA 5th round pick.

Now, fast forward a year. We have a WR who was an UDFA, that was a practice squad player in 2016, who played really well in 2017 camp and preseason. He had some promise. During the year, the bloom was off the rose, such that he lost the 5th WR job to a 5th round draft pick who couldn't catch a cold. We also have a grossly over paid DE who was asked to redo his deal and talks stalled. What does Don Howie do?

M. Johnson and that 5th round pick for Michael Bennett and that 7th round pick.

The two trades combined:

Bennett and a 7th and a 5th for Tobin and M. Johnson, and a 7th and a 5th

Eliminate common things from both sides of the equation and you get:

Bennett for M. Tobin and M. Johnson!!!

Are you kidding me?

All hail Don Howie! bowdown.gif

Now, I do have some character concerns with Bennett that I need to look into. But, he also plays very well as a pass rushing DT. He can take Curry's snaps and some DT snaps to ease the loss of Beau Allen. Bennett plays the run very very well.

Tobin probably wouldn't have made last year's team, and since Johnson couldn't beat out Gibson, he was no shoe in to make next year's team.

Don Howie got Michael Bennett for those two bottom of the roster guys.

jumpclap.gif

Another aspect that mitigates the risk, if he does not 'fit' into our culture, he can be released next year with no cap hit.

+Quote Post
Phits
post Mar 7 2018, 11:26 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 7 2018, 09:24 PM) *
current defending Super Bowl champions.

This feels real good.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2018 - 01:22 AM