IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- CT_Eagle   Michael Bennett is an Eagle   Mar 7 2018, 02:35 PM
- - The Franchise   QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Mar 7 2018, 03:35 PM) h...   Mar 7 2018, 02:48 PM
|- - Joegrane   Hopefully Bennett can be at least half as producti...   Mar 9 2018, 11:22 AM
- - nephillymike   5.6M cap hit for us this year. 32 years old. htt...   Mar 7 2018, 02:56 PM
|- - Birdwatcher   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 7 2018, 02:56 P...   Mar 7 2018, 03:27 PM
|- - Joegrane   This is a strange situation. Another reporter ment...   Mar 7 2018, 03:39 PM
- - Eyrie   A strange one. I was expecting Curry to be cut to...   Mar 7 2018, 06:09 PM
|- - The Franchise   QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 7 2018, 06:09 PM) A st...   Mar 7 2018, 07:58 PM
- - eagle60   I guess that I'm the only guy around that does...   Mar 7 2018, 08:20 PM
- - JeeQ   I see it as Howie continue to make the gambles Al...   Mar 7 2018, 09:17 PM
|- - The Franchise   [ quote name='JeeQ' date='Mar 7 2018, ...   Mar 8 2018, 12:06 AM
|- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 7 2018, 09:17 PM) If th...   Mar 8 2018, 10:01 AM
|- - One   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 8 2018, 10:01 AM...   Mar 8 2018, 11:17 AM
|- - JeeQ   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 8 2018, 07:01 AM...   Mar 8 2018, 03:29 PM
||- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 8 2018, 03:29 PM) Every...   Mar 8 2018, 08:24 PM
|- - samaroo   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 9 2018, 12:01 AM...   Mar 10 2018, 08:34 PM
- - One   QUOTE Warren Sharp ✔ @SharpFootball At 32, Micha...   Mar 8 2018, 02:28 PM
- - One   Nice view from B Brooks on how the Eagles can use ...   Mar 9 2018, 09:37 AM
- - Pila   I think this past season's success made a mark...   Mar 9 2018, 10:16 AM
> Michael Bennett is an Eagle
CT_Eagle
post Mar 7 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/03..._takeaways.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Mar 7 2018, 02:48 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Mar 7 2018, 03:35 PM) *

Bye bye Curry.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Mar 7 2018, 02:56 PM
Post #3

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

5.6M cap hit for us this year.

32 years old.

https://overthecap.com/player/michael-bennett/359/

Curry cut should pay for it, and has lesser Out year cap hit, but we need to save cap room. With the 5.5 M cap savings from Curry cut, it is a wash. We still have cap room maneuvers to do. Does Howie restructure a 32 year old DE deal? I don' t know.

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Mar 7 2018, 03:27 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 7 2018, 02:56 PM) *

32 years old.

Curry cut should pay for it, and has lesser Out year cap hit, but we need to save cap room. With the 5.5 M cap savings from Curry cut, it is a wash. We still have cap room maneuvers to do. Does Howie restructure a 32 year old DE deal? I don' t know.

My gut tells me he looks at this as a way to make another run this year...and gives them a couple of seasons to add younger talent to the D Line.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 7 2018, 03:39 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

This is a strange situation. Another reporter mentioned that Bennett can play some DT--I suppose in passing situations. That may make it easier to allow B Allen to move on, even though Allen is more of a run stopper.

Bennett is signed through age 35!

The key to this might be that the Eagles can cut Benett next year after June 1 with only 1.7$mil in dead$ according to OTC. you have to change the drop down list to post Jn1 cut.

The dead $ for Curry is only $2mil for cut or trade after June 1. change the drop down list
https://overthecap.com/player/vinny-curry/786/

Maybe Bennett is a better run stuffing DE than Curry. The Eagles might be confident in young DE, D. Barnett in passing situations. The Eagles then save a few mil$ I suppose.

I assume the Eagles will draft another WR for Special Teams.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 7 2018, 02:56 PM) *

32 years old.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Mar 7 2018, 06:09 PM
Post #6

Illegal Alien

A strange one.

I was expecting Curry to be cut to create cap room, leaving us with Graham, Long and Barnett and needing a cheap veteran to compete with Means for the final spot.

Instead we've just used one of our few draft picks to add an expensive 32 year old.

I'm not quibbling over Bennett's ability, just how his addition affects our already strained cap situation.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Mar 7 2018, 07:58 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 7 2018, 06:09 PM) *
A strange one.

I was expecting Curry to be cut to create cap room, leaving us with Graham, Long and Barnett and needing a cheap veteran to compete with Means for the final spot.

Instead we've just used one of our few draft picks to add an expensive 32 year old.

I'm not quibbling over Bennett's ability, just how his addition affects our already strained cap situation.

I'd wager a few moves are in the works. We drop Curry, add a Pro-Bowler, and it costs us a 5th round pick. It's a great move, provided we can keep Bennett out of Las Vegas.

*It's pretty obvious by now Seattle is blowing up their roster - as a fan this must suck, but it's the perfect time for that organization to realize their SB runs are over with that group. Shopping some of their guys now will reap large rewards in draft picks and young players, and they could be back in business not too long from now.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Mar 7 2018, 08:20 PM
Post #8

Veteran

I guess that I'm the only guy around that doesn't like this move. I don't like bringing in a guy for $6.5 million when you are telling other players that you don't have any money. Sending Vinny off after Howie announced that he was "one of our core players" isn't going to sit that well in the locker room. Graham will be bitching too about his contract and probably knows that he's gone next year. That's certainly not something that you want from one of your leaders. On top of that he's a pain in the ass and Seattle wanted to move him. Other players will be leaving from the defense too. I hate for any of these guys leaving the team. It sucks.

+Quote Post
JeeQ
post Mar 7 2018, 09:17 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

I see it as Howie continue to make the gambles

Alshon Jeffery was a huge gamble last season
LeGarrette Blount was a huge gamble last season

Bennett is a proven commodity who will hopefully come in both angry and hungry. To be honest, I heard Seattle is getting rid of Richard Sherman; feel free to ship him our way as well

According to the NFL's research arm, only two players have more quarterback hits than Bennett's 118 in the past five years: J.J. Watt and Carlos Dunlap. And since 2011, no player has more interceptions (32) or passes defensed (99) than Sherman.

If they're motivated they're two of the best players in the NFL

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Mar 8 2018, 12:06 AM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

[ quote name='JeeQ' date='Mar 7 2018, 09:17 PM' post='312033']
To be honest, I heard Seattle is getting rid of Richard Sherman; feel free to ship him our way as well
[/quote]

Earl Thomas too - they're blowing up the roster. If we can get a good deal I'm game - but that's unlikely.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Mar 8 2018, 10:01 AM
Post #11

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 7 2018, 09:17 PM) *
If they're motivated they're two of the best players in the NFL

That statement tells you they are not 2 of the best players in the NFL.....if they NEED to be motivated....that is what a paycheck is for.

Can't believe they brought this POS in.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 8 2018, 11:17 AM
Post #12

Zero retired

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 8 2018, 10:01 AM) *
That statement tells you they are not 2 of the best players in the NFL.....if they NEED to be motivated....that is what a paycheck is for.

My guess is that they think the locker room and culture will be a factor with him, otherwise I agree. But it's about being aggressive in pursuit of a(nother) championship.

Then, this:
Jackson Felts
@JacksonKJR
Let's try this again... @RapSheet said with @IanFurnessSea the Patriots offered a 3rd round pick for Michael Bennett and a 5th round pick. The Seahawks went forward with the Philly deal because the NE deal came in late and Seattle would have looked horrible to go back on Philly.

5:55 PM - Mar 7, 2018
That's two victories over the Pats in the last month. jumpclap.gif <--- click

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 8 2018, 02:28 PM
Post #13

Zero retired

Warren Sharp

@SharpFootball
At 32, Michael Bennett is one of only 28 NFL DEs (since '88) to record at least 5 sacks + 20 tackles in each of their prior 4 yrs leading up to their 10th NFL season. Some of the others:
Jared Allen
Jason Taylor
Michael Strahan
Chris Doleman
Reggie White
Richard Dent
Charles Mann

2:59 PM - Mar 7, 2018

--------------------

+Quote Post
JeeQ
post Mar 8 2018, 03:29 PM
Post #14

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 8 2018, 07:01 AM) *

Everyone needs to be motivated. Reggie White and Cris Carter didn't become Hall of Famers until they left Philadelphia and received the right motivation

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Mar 8 2018, 08:24 PM
Post #15

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 8 2018, 03:29 PM) *
Everyone needs to be motivated. Reggie White and Cris Carter didn't become Hall of Famers until they left Philadelphia and received the right motivation

First, Reggie White was already a stud in Philly...He was the best DE in footbal and a 7 time pro Bowler in Phillyl....he motivated himself. Chris Carter's motivation was he almost killed himself with drugs......he motivated himself as well.

2 horrible examples.....Reggie White....shaking my head.....

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 9 2018, 09:37 AM
Post #16

Zero retired

Nice view from B Brooks on how the Eagles can use Bennett.
Think about the Eagles D-line rotation OCs will have to prepare for. You'll have Brandon Graham-Cox-Jernigan-Derek Barnett or Graham-Cox-Bennett-Barnett or Chris Long-Bennett-Graham-Barnett. Prepare for a lot of QB-crushing hits from a top-notch defensive line that just got even more versatile.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pila
post Mar 9 2018, 10:16 AM
Post #17

Eusbio

I think this past season's success made a mark on NFL players league-wide. Not just because they won. I think they saw something beyond just winning. We saw it too, didn't we?

That's why we're hearing players from other teams saying shit like they'll play for us for free.

That's also why we will get the best out of players like Michael Bennett.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 9 2018, 11:22 AM
Post #18

Hall of Famer

Hopefully Bennett can be at least half as productive as this former Eagle FA.

William Fuller joined the Eagles late in his career, but he still put together three very good seasons with 9½, 13 and 13 sacks from 1994 through 1996. Fuller is one of only six players in NFL history with 9½ or more sacks three straight years after his 32nd birthday. His 35½ sacks after turning 32 are more than twice as many as anybody else in Eagles history (Darren Howard: 16½)
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...istory#slide-11

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Mar 7 2018, 02:48 PM) *
Bye bye Curry.

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Mar 10 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #19

Village Idiot

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 9 2018, 12:01 AM) *

Not every professional athlete is motivated by money.

Also, why the disdain?

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2018 - 04:53 AM