IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- One   Speculation on a Darby trade?   Mar 7 2018, 08:54 AM
- - Joegrane   How much of this is misinformation from Howie to h...   Mar 7 2018, 09:38 AM
|- - eagle60   QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 7 2018, 09:38 AM) H...   Mar 7 2018, 12:32 PM
- - Joegrane   .   Mar 7 2018, 09:41 AM
> Speculation on a Darby trade?
One
post Mar 7 2018, 08:54 AM
Post #1

Zero retired

Group: Members

This is interesting and not really a problem for me.
Chris Mortensen is saying that one of the Eagles’ defensive backs could be move. Here’s what he said in a Tuesday interview with the 97.5 Midday show:

“I’ll be surprised if the Eagles don’t have a third round pick, at least. Listen, we know they’re heavy in defensive backs. With Sidney Jones coming back, that pick’s going to end up paying off big time. And I think one of those defensive backs could be moved for a third-round pick, possibly.”
Though the feeling here is that Darby is a good player, one must admit the Eagles were still able to have defensive success when missed eight regular season games in 2017.

It’s not even like moving on from Darby this soon would make the Eagles’ trade for him a failure. He was acquired at a time when Philadelphia’s corners were really struggling in training camp. And he ultimately made some big contributions during the Super Bowl run, including notching a late-game interception against the Raiders to help the Eagles clinch the No. 1 seed in the NFC.

The team did pretty well without him for half the season. Although he may be better with a full off season working with Schwartz, it's still curious that McDermott moved him in the first place.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 7 2018, 09:38 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

How much of this is misinformation from Howie to help w/ contract extension talks?

could it be that Howie has looked ahead to 2019-CWs payday-- and determined he can't afford Darby. So he might do better to get something for him.

QUOTE (One @ Mar 7 2018, 08:54 AM) *
This is interesting and not really a problem for me.

The team did pretty well without him for half the season. Although he may be better with a full off season working with Schwartz, it's still curious that McDermott moved him in the first place.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 7 2018, 09:41 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Mar 7 2018, 12:32 PM
Post #4

Veteran

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 7 2018, 09:38 AM) *
How much of this is misinformation from Howie to help w/ contract extension talks?

could it be that Howie has looked ahead to 2019-CWs payday-- and determined he can't afford Darby. So he might do better to get something for him.

I think that you pretty much nailed it. I hate to see him go but then again I hate to see anybody go from this roster. They are such a likeable team even without the SB.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2018 - 10:43 AM