IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> I don't think Pomphrey is the homerun hitter that we need
Joegrane
post Mar 5 2018, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Pumphrey is going to have to be something special as a potential "home run hitter" in order to stick. Otherwise teams will just biltz him. At 190lbs he'll be too small to pick up a blitz. They will have to fear that he'll make someone miss and then burn them with his 4.48 speed.

There weren't too many impressive runs in that set. He mostly seemed to take advantage of good blocking and then used his speed. There was the one where he was going off tackle towards the End Zone, stopped on a dime, cut outside and beat defenders to the pylon.

I did not see him setting up blockers on screens and then making LBs miss, etc.

Last year I watched a video of every one of his plays vs UCLA or USC. I thought it was a better indicator of his abilities. I could not find the video today.

This video shows that he is a natural receiver. Nice one handed catch. He whiffed on an open field block that would have given his QB a 1st down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXb8UUjQHDE

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Mar 5 2018, 12:01 PM) *
Then again the Eagles see him everyday in practice. I didn't like the pick from the start and I think that Clement gives you the same thing and more. He looks as quick as Pomphrey. What do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK5GpJoxI3w

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
eagle60
post Mar 5 2018, 09:07 PM
Post #2

Veteran

Group: Members

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 5 2018, 08:44 PM) *
Pumphrey is going to have to be something special as a potential "home run hitter" in order to stick. Otherwise teams will just biltz him. At 190lbs he'll be too small to pick up a blitz. They will have to fear that he'll make someone miss and then burn them with his 4.48 speed.

There weren't too many impressive runs in that set. He mostly seemed to take advantage of good blocking and then used his speed. There was the one where he was going off tackle towards the End Zone, stopped on a dime, cut outside and beat defenders to the pylon.

I did not see him setting up blockers on screens and then making LBs miss, etc.

Last year I watched a video of every one of his plays vs UCLA or USC. I thought it was a better indicator of his abilities. I could not find the video today.

This video shows that he is a natural receiver. Nice one handed catch. He whiffed on an open field block that would have given his QB a 1st down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXb8UUjQHDE

He's a little pissant that came in at 176 lbs. last spring. If you're that small you have to flat out fly to play in the NFL and I don't see that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2018 - 01:51 AM