IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Will Foles start the season with the Eagles?, just a simple yes or no
Super Bowl MVP
Will Foles be an Eagle, first game 2018?
Yes [ 4 ] ** [44.44%]
No [ 5 ] ** [55.56%]
Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
One
post Mar 5 2018, 08:08 AM
Post #1

Zero retired

Group: Members

Just a simple yes or no answer. Go on record with a vote and leave a response to look back on. No "if's" or "maybes", no explanation needed, just yes or no.

I vote no.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 5 2018, 10:14 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

The only way I see him back here is if CW has a major setback before the draft. Otherwise, Nick will want the opportunity to start and will want the extra $10mil. The Eagles need cap space and could use the extra 2nd day pick.

The availability of a rare number of capable FA QBs plus the quality of QBs in the 1st round of the draft will reduce the compensation for Foles.

Maybe teams noticed that 3 of 4 teams in the conference finals did not have above average QBs. They had above average defenses and so will value the QB position less.

QUOTE (One @ Mar 5 2018, 08:08 AM) *
Just a simple yes or no answer. Go on record with a vote and leave a response to look back on. No "if's" or "maybes", no explanation needed, just yes or no.

I vote no.

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Mar 5 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #3

Veteran

I'll go against the grain here and vote that Nick starts the season. Doug and Howie have said that they aren't going to take any chances with Carson which translates to me that the short recovery time that he has until the start of the season won't be long enough. They were very careful with Darby and Jones too.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Mar 5 2018, 12:32 PM
Post #4

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Mar 5 2018, 04:51 PM) *
I'll go against the grain here and vote that Nick starts the season. Doug and Howie have said that they aren't going to take any chances with Carson which translates to me that the short recovery time that he has until the start of the season won't be long enough. They were very careful with Darby and Jones too.

Level of agreement 100%.

Even allowing for cap casualties we have a reasonable chance of repeating, but that requires getting off to a good start and having cover at QB.

Cap issues and increasing reliance on rookies will reduce our chances after 2018.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Mar 5 2018, 07:48 PM
Post #5

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

I voted yes.

Two reasons:

There won't be any offers than knock us off our feet (example a 1st plus another day two pick)

They know how valuable the home field advantage was to our success and they know how foolish it would be to go 6 games without Carson or Foles and try to repeat what we had.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 5 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

That brings up a good topic for another day: Does J Lurie now want to repeat, but then have to rebuild as a mediocre team, or does he want to protect the core so the team can just be a solid playoff contender, not SB contender, for a long time?

If it is the latter, you trade Nick for a pick and roll the dice with CW and a young backup.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 5 2018, 07:48 PM) *
I voted yes.

Two reasons:

There won't be any offers than knock us off our feet (example a 1st plus another day two pick)

They know how valuable the home field advantage was to our success and they know how foolish it would be to go 6 games without Carson or Foles and try to repeat what we had.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 09:09 AM