IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Projecting the roster, Based on who we currently have
Eyrie
post Mar 3 2018, 06:07 PM
Post #1

Illegal Alien

Group: Members

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 3 2018, 08:02 PM) *
Aren't Ellerbe and Watkins free agents? I thought I heard they didn't make an offer to Watkins.

If so, then we have two more holes to fill.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Joegrane
post Mar 3 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

One of those spots is for injured LB Hicks.

Backup Safety will be an interesting one to watch. I expect them to draft a S in the mid rounds. They'll still need one veteran.

Watkins was a 3rd or 4th round pick at CB but also learned Safety as well. I hope R Douglas learns S like Watkins did. Douglas is a natural ball hawk. I'd rather have him guarding a Gronk than a true Safety such as Corey Graham.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 3 2018, 06:07 PM) *
If so, then we have two more holes to fill.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Mar 4 2018, 05:36 AM
Post #3

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 4 2018, 03:29 AM) *
One of those spots is for injured LB Hicks.

Backup Safety will be an interesting one to watch. I expect them to draft a S in the mid rounds. They'll still need one veteran.

Watkins was a 3rd or 4th round pick at CB but also learned Safety as well. I hope R Douglas learns S like Watkins did. Douglas is a natural ball hawk. I'd rather have him guarding a Gronk than a true Safety such as Corey Graham.

I have Hicks in my 53, although that is with fingers crossed as the guy is cursed.

I'm quietly optimistic that Graham will be back at S, so if we move Douglas there then we can draft a nickel CB to go with Jones, Darby and Mills.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 4 2018, 02:39 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

Okay I see your point.

If R Douglass is wiling to be a CB/S like J Watkins is currently, then the Eagles could draft a developmental slot CB in the middle rounds.

B Boykin was a 4th rounder in that successful 2012 draft who played slot CB and ST gunner quite well. Unfortunately he seemed to have attitude problems.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 4 2018, 05:36 AM) *
I have Hicks in my 53, although that is with fingers crossed as the guy is cursed.

I'm quietly optimistic that Graham will be back at S, so if we move Douglas there then we can draft a nickel CB to go with Jones, Darby and Mills.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Mar 4 2018, 06:49 PM
Post #5

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 4 2018, 07:39 PM) *
Okay I see your point.

If R Douglass is wiling to be a CB/S like J Watkins is currently, then the Eagles could draft a developmental slot CB in the middle rounds.

B Boykin was a 4th rounder in that successful 2012 draft who played slot CB and ST gunner quite well. Unfortunately he seemed to have attitude problems.

Boykin played well for us, then left for the Steelers where he did nothing for a year and may then have gone out of the league. Quite a fall from grace.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eagle2720
post Mar 5 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #6

Veteran

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 4 2018, 07:49 PM) *
Boykin played well for us, then left for the Steelers where he did nothing for a year and may then have gone out of the league. Quite a fall from grace.

He was never used correctly by Chip and thus left, and is still on the Ravens, however he was injured this year.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st June 2018 - 07:09 AM