IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Projecting the roster, Based on who we currently have
eagle60
post Mar 3 2018, 12:33 PM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Members

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 3 2018, 11:53 AM) *
I think One is correct about Johnston at Punter.

Moving Curry would take a DeMarco Murray type of deal. Howie's done it but I'm betting against it. I think the talk is just leverage to get Curry to renegotiate a more reasonable deal. I don't think it will happen and it could cost the Eagles C. Long. The dead $ would keep the Eagles from cutting Curry.

I heard that the current $9 mil over the cap includes more than the top 51 players. The cap is based on the top 51 so they are in slightly less bad shape than the $9 mil suggests.

So they probably don't need to move Curry if they move Foles, Kendricks, T Smith, B Celek, maybe C Long. That's probably more than $20mil in cap after replacing their roster spots with rookies.

However they also have extensions to address--B Graham, J Elliott, N Agholor, Hicks, R Darby, Ajayi and resigning of N Bradham.

I'd expect some of them to wait until mid season or even after next season. For example, if the eagles draft a feature RB in round 2 (N Foles pick), they may not resign Ajayi for 2019. They may just sign a less expensive veteran big back like L Blount. They'll have to make room for CW's $20+mil cap hit in 2019 and I think the only big cap hit that will likely come off is J Peters.

Once CW gets paid this run is over. They'll have to rebuild with draft picks.

I think that Ajayi moves on after this season. They can't commit to him with those knee problems. Why on earth would they keep Beatty? He's horrible. Hopefully a rookie takes his spot or maybe Gordon comes along. They had another rookie who buried some people in the preseason (Polish kid?) who was on the PC for awhile too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 09:59 PM