IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roseman's forward planning
Eyrie
post Mar 2 2018, 04:21 AM
Post #1

Illegal Alien

Group: Members

Interesting article by Domowitch (picked up from reading Lawlor)
Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman, whose shrewd executive-of-the-year moves laid the groundwork for the team’s Super Bowl victory over the Patriots, was already talking Wednesday about all of the compensatory draft picks the Eagles are going to get next year for the free agents they aren’t going to re-sign this year.

“With the number of free agents’’ they could potentially lose, “I think it would be impossible for us not to have a bunch of compensatory picks’’ in 2019, Roseman said. “All of that is part of our plan going forward.”

That plan is to accumulate as many draft picks as possible the next few years so that they’ll be able to counter-balance the monster contracts they’re already paying many of their top veterans and the Godzilla deal they’re going to be giving Carson Wentz in either 2019 or 2020

Looks like we're going to be very active with trading down to add more picks. Limited scope to do that in 2018 so may need to wait until next year.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 2 2018, 11:44 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Who are the current players who will loose roster spots to the low round picks?

I don't expect them to do much trading down, except maybe Round 1. I won't be surprised if they trade up in the later rounds to get the guy they want. There are not many spots to fill.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 2 2018, 04:21 AM) *
Interesting article by Domowitch (picked up from reading Lawlor)

Looks like we're going to be very active with trading down to add more picks. Limited scope to do that in 2018 so may need to wait until next year.

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 2 2018, 12:26 PM
Post #3

Zero retired

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 2 2018, 11:44 AM) *
Who are the current players who will loose (<---lose) roster spots to the low round picks?

I don't expect them to do much trading down, except maybe Round 1. I won't be surprised if they trade up in the later rounds to get the guy they want. There are not many spots to fill.
We have to be careful about Pila, he gets dangerous sometimes. wink.gif

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 2 2018, 02:37 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

biggrin.gif thx, the reminder that I had taped to my computer got mangled. Looks like I'll have to replace it.
QUOTE (One @ Mar 2 2018, 12:26 PM) *
We have to be careful about Pila, he gets dangerous sometimes. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2018 - 04:54 AM