IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Which LB would you keep?
Joegrane
post Mar 2 2018, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

And what would have happened if Cooks was still in the game?

Obviously we hope the addition of Sidney Jones at CB will help.

However I doubt that the Eagles will be able to find a better replacement for P Robinson. Moving Mills inside on 3rd down is an option but he does not have the speed to keep up with quicker slot CBs.

I wonder if moving Darby into Slot CB on 3rd down is a better option. Teams are less likely to throw deep on 3rd down and the Eagles still have the speed of S Jones on one side.

I think Tim Jernigan was dinged up in the second half of the year. He was mostly a non factor.

They may not have the same depth on the D Line this year to keep guys fresh. Some are talking about trading or cutting V Curry and his boated contract. Cutting would result in a huge amount of dead $ against the cap. Maybe Howie could find a trade for a LB with a bloated contract, but not as bad as Curry's. That would provide a veteran LB to replace Kendricks and his $7mil cap hit.

Will they cut the popular C Long to save a couple mil$ and rely on S Means as a situational pass rusher and in increase in snaps for D Barnett?

Most teams don't have a Gronk, Brady, Cooks going deep, and Edelman's quickness to get open underneath.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 1 2018, 07:57 PM) *
Getting torched for 600 yards should cause some long reflection.

Those guys were WIDE open.

It's a copy cat league and true there isn't more than one Brady, but there are much better OL out there than NE.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2018 - 03:22 PM